Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Radio & Bluetooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:59 AM
mcuddy17
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio & Bluetooth Problem

I have a 2008 Cooper hatchback with Satellite, ipod ready and Bluetooth. Yesterday when I got in my car the display showed the picture for the tuner and CD but the satellite choice only had two lines above it as did the USB. AUX did not show at all. When I picked menu the phone choice also had two lines above it and I could not connect my iphone. When I plugged in an ipod using the cable it was not recognized and would not charge. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks!

Old 08-24-2017, 12:59 PM
tomvleeuwen
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like your optical MOST bus is not working anymore. This can be caused by any of the modules on the MOST bus.

You probably have the radio, satallite, bluetooth+aux (=ulf2most) and maybe an ipod interface (but only if you have the old ipod connector in your dash, the USB connector is part of the ULF2MOST). All of these modules can cause the problem.

First check your fuses of coarse, but after that to diagnose this problem you should bypass one module at the time using a MOST jumper / ring cable or remove the MOST cables from the connector and use a MOST-splice, so you can bypass the module.

My first guess would be the bluetooth (ulf2most) because it is under the seat and can get wet. Second guess would be the ipod (if it has the real ipod interface). There is no way to test the radio since it is your only interface to the MOST bus...