Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical The [Complete] NCS Expert DIY

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Tem862013
Installed v53 datens and programmed the auto unlock with key removal and window close with lock on key fob. The auto unlock only unlocks the driver door (would like both doors) and the window close does not function. Thoughts? Should I go with older datens?
- Do you have your lock settings to lock the doors automatically as you drive away?
- Does your MINI have comfort access?

Old 04-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Tem862013
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
- Do you have your lock settings to lock the doors automatically as you drive away?
- Does your MINI have comfort access?
Yes to automatically lock doors and no to comfort access.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:26 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Tem862013
Yes to automatically lock doors and no to comfort access.
Hmm..then not sure why all your doors aren't unlocking, but I believe you need comfort access to make the windows go up from the remote.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:09 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
What great DIY info!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-27-2015, 06:55 PM
ebbyreds
Neutral
EDIABAS Server 7.2 Quitting when INPA closes

Hey NAM!

First-time poster! After a couple years of learning through various forums, I finally was brave enough to try NCSExpert and was able to code the one-touch sunroof and the remote closing windows using NCSExpert with Ediabas 6.4.7 in WinXP via Virtual Machine with no problems until I received a Fault BEST error so I stopped . Did a search on the Interwebz and found the solution to be to update to Ediabas 7.2 and to update my datens, as well . I installed Standard Tools 2.10 with Ediabas 7.2 and using the v41 datens. In the older version, when I ran INPA to see if the vehicle is responsive, I would have an Ediabas server running even after I close out INPA . With the new install, when I run INPA, it will run Ediabas server but will also quit when I close INPA . So, I'm trying to find out if its crucial that I have the Ediabas server running while working with NCSExpert to code. If so, how can I prevent Ediabas from quitting with INPA? - should I keep INPA open?, I also have Standard Tools 2.12 and v.53.05 & v.55 datens, should I just go ahead and install that and use the most recent datens (v.55)?

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Does anyone know how to code to climate control remember re circulation on?

Old 08-26-2015, 04:11 PM
mavrikno13764
Neutral
Going to try this out.
Any one have a good place to get the cable?

Old 12-21-2015, 12:58 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
---

Last edited by walk0080; 06-05-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Ghetto Mr Bob
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone else having issues with INPA having no menus? For example, the only menus I have are: Info, Script, and Exit...with F3-F9 being blank.

I'd really like to be able to use it for diagnostic purposes and clearing CEL if/when they pop up.

I followed the instructions to a T and even reinstalled everything with no luck.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:58 AM
Ghetto Mr Bob
2nd Gear
Update:

After hours of digging through NAM and several Bimmer forums I've come to the conclusion that with the version of INPA offered here I was getting half-installed configs and files. Browsing to the EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT folder, I could find almost no files at all. A correct installation should have files ending in .ENG and .GER for the respective English and German language versions of that chassis. I had NONE of these files until I completely removed everything and reinstalled INPA from another source. The other odd thing is the INPA config file had 0 entries in it. Adding the entries found in a Bimmer forum gave me the context menus within INPA but then threw errors when trying to find the related file.

For anyone else running into this issue I highly recommend downloading and installing from this link. The main link provided in the first post no longer works but someone in the thread has posted a new one for the file BMW_INPA_5.0.2 (download is super slow so be patient): http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-gt1-o...-software-328/

The last step of the process is changing the INPA config file slightly. If you install as the directions guide you, you'll wind up with a perfectly good and functioning install but you won't have a menu option for R56. For that, you need to simply open the INPA config file in EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT and just replace one of the other chassis codes with R56.

I'm also thinking that those of us with incomplete installations could simply change the INPA config file's contents and place the .ENG chassis data files into the same folder and have it up and running with fully working menus (I have NOT tested this but may in the future).

If anyone has any questions or has experienced this I can attempt to answer questions as best as possible or provide the needed files/configs.

The following users liked this post:
ItalianJobR53 (11-28-2018)
Old 04-03-2016, 11:26 AM
slizza786
Neutral
Great tut very very helpful and easy to read. Im getting the following problems and dont know if anyone can help me out:

1) When I load INPA, EDIABAS loads in the background but when i exit INPA, EDIABAS also closes.
2) Revtor's profile isnt in the list of the available profiles to choose from in EDIABAS
3) I primarily need the E89 daten for my e93 MY2007. When I select this chasis in EDIABAS i get the error "CHASSIS is faulty"

Does anyone know ways around to solve these?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 AM
dwdorff
Neutral
Coding error

Hello I am brand new to this. I got software and cable from Cable Shack in UK. Everything installs and looks like I can read the car, not sure how all the diagnostic software works yet. I am trying to add the retrofit bluetooth and rear fog light to my 2010 R55 and I get a COAPI -1000 error after at the $6ND code to the CAS for VO update and hitting the F6 or back key in NCSEXPERT. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails The [Complete] NCS Expert DIY-img_0231.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 01:21 AM
Anakist
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghetto Mr Bob
If anyone has any questions or has experienced this I can attempt to answer questions as best as possible or provide the needed files/configs.
I would love the help please. I am trying to access the ABS module to see which wheel sensor has stopped working on my R53.

James

Old 04-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Ghetto Mr Bob
2nd Gear
I'm not entirely sure how the R53 chassis is under this program unfortunately. I know that for my issue the R56 chassis code was missing completely until I went through a whole load of shenanigans and even then I ran into issues down the road trying to access certain menus.

As for the R53 and as far as I know, once the programs are installed it should work properly. Again, I have 0 experience with that chassis but even with a plain jane install I did have the R53 chassis available in the program. Being that I don't have an R53 I didn't really have a reason or opportunity to dig through that portion.

Somebody else might be able to chime in here for this.

P.S. This is in the 2nd gen thread...might be worth digging through the 1st gen section to see if anyone there has a guide and/or some advice.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:13 AM
Anakist
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was reading your story of not having any menu options from the default tools installed from this thread and you said you fixed it. I would love the files you needed to fix it! My copy of inpa just has info, script and exit.

James

Old 05-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Context
1st Gear
2008 Clubman HPFP test which item?

I have a working INPA/NCS Expert/EDIABAS set up on a dedicated XP laptop (HP 630 I bought for $100). I do not know which ECU or CAS to test the pressure differential on the HPFP. I did search the forum but did not find a piece I thought I'd read here a while back.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Jarvistech
1st Gear
I just tried to set up NCS expert. I have a 2013 clubman I ran INPA I can see the battery and the ignition are enabled when I run NCSexpert and click F1 and F3 I get the following error after the VIN populates

"Error Following feature is invalid for FA: #0712"

Old 11-20-2016, 05:32 AM
ptkacik
4th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Dead and cold MINI after Airbag recall

Because the airbag seat sensor failed and the airbag light came on and Mini wouldn't fix it, using NCS Expert, I reprogrammed the computer to not look for the sensor.

When Mini finally admitted to the problem and had a recall, I took it in for the work. The mechanic swapped the bad part out but the airbag light stayed on. He said I would have to bring it back and they would give me a loaner car and a guy in New Jersey would need to reprogram it remotely.

I took the car home and decided maybe I could reprogram it back myself but I accidentally erased the program and now it won't listen to my computer. It also won't run. It just shudders constantly regardless of key position until I moved the battery terminal.

I think I need to let the guy in New Jersey do his thing after all. Unfortunately, I'll need a tow truck to get it back to the dealer.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Ive's Mini
5th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance if possible. I have a 2008 Cooper Non-s. I have successfully coded everything I wanted to. Recently trying to cure a transmission issue, I gave my car into a shop to reflash the TCM. They updated all the modules which I did not have a problem with. After getting the car back, I discovered some of my coding returned to its original status. I was able to recode CAS, but when I went to reprogram the FRM I got a code COAPI-1043 error. I can read the module but when I go to reprogram I get that code. If I read the module after, my changes are present, but they are not functioning as programmed. I presume my Daten files are too old for the newly flashed modules. I have Daten 51.2. I need newer but don't know how new I need. I also am having difficulty finding a source to download new Daten files.

Any assistance is appreciated!

All figured out. I figure I would share. I updated my Daten files to 55.3 and still had the problems. I notices some discussion about the file size after reading a module. I looked and saw my file size was the same size as in the discussion. I decided to erase everything in that file. When I reread the file, I looked in my trace file and it was still empty. I noticed under VIEW in NCS Expert, I could view the Trace file. I saw it edited it and saved it from that location to the MAN file. BOOM everything worked. I don't know why the destinations changed but all is good now.

Ivan

Last edited by Ive's Mini; 11-21-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old 11-20-2016, 05:45 PM
ptkacik
4th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Not so dead Mini

So after I killed my daughters car, this morning I noticed I had the original files. And after spending the night with the battery on a charger everything seemed much better this morning. If I tried something like starting the car, it would crap out but if I just carefully went into NCSExpert I was able to load the old files back into the brainbox.

Even then it would crap out and go crazy so I unplugged the battery and put it on a charger.

After dinner, I connected the battery and voila, car is happy.

I drove it around and it is happy and there are no airbag lights.

Hurray,
Peter

Old 09-30-2017, 09:38 AM
l98ycar
Neutral
NCSExpert not running in Windows 10 64

I installed per the instructions posted here and INPA runs and shows battery and ignition status. The EDIABAS server stays active but NCSExpert will not run - I get an error "This app cannot run on your PC". I have tried a variety of windows security changes and compatibility mode changes with no effect. Any thoughts? I have tried several searches on various forums and it seems like others have seen this as well but I cannot find a solution. NCSExpert is v3.1.0 and INPA is v5.0.1.

One odd thing I did notice is that when I launch INPA, there are no vehicle platforms listed like I see on some of the posted screenshots - maybe it did not install completely?

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:24 PM
ItalianJobR53
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghetto Mr Bob
Update:

After hours of digging through NAM and several Bimmer forums I've come to the conclusion that with the version of INPA offered here I was getting half-installed configs and files. Browsing to the EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT folder, I could find almost no files at all. A correct installation should have files ending in .ENG and .GER for the respective English and German language versions of that chassis. I had NONE of these files until I completely removed everything and reinstalled INPA from another source. The other odd thing is the INPA config file had 0 entries in it. Adding the entries found in a Bimmer forum gave me the context menus within INPA but then threw errors when trying to find the related file.

For anyone else running into this issue I highly recommend downloading and installing from this link. The main link provided in the first post no longer works but someone in the thread has posted a new one for the file BMW_INPA_5.0.2 (download is super slow so be patient): http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-gt1-o...-software-328/

The last step of the process is changing the INPA config file slightly. If you install as the directions guide you, you'll wind up with a perfectly good and functioning install but you won't have a menu option for R56. For that, you need to simply open the INPA config file in EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT and just replace one of the other chassis codes with R56.

I'm also thinking that those of us with incomplete installations could simply change the INPA config file's contents and place the .ENG chassis data files into the same folder and have it up and running with fully working menus (I have NOT tested this but may in the future).

I tried editing the INPA config file, but it still dosent show (for me) R50 in INPA menu. Just be be clear you edited the INPA.INI file, right?
EDIT: NVM, I was using a shortcut that linked to INPALOAD.exe Apparently, I need to open INPA.exe for it to work.