Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain AGS reports

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:25 AM
astra
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CooperSS
astra,

As much as I would like to see those numbers, being an AGS owner myself, why should he subject himself to the bashing that will accrue after the post.

So whats the point.

Just my .02,

Bill
My point being.....

I understand why they are not being posted... I agree with the reasons for not posting...

but at the same time.. you just invite trouble by saying continually saying "I have the data".. but I am not going to show you..

If you dont want to publish.. dont get on and tease us..

The people that will bash the results...

a) wont buy the product no matter what
b) dont understand the product
c) just want to be spoilers,,
d) and have not yet figured out how to be adults

as a potential future ags owner... I like the sound!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JCampos
Yup... I have dyno numbers to prove it also
Ok, I'm going to write down a number on a piece of paper. You let me know if your number is higher or lower.

Seriously though, why trumpet dyno results if you don't wish to share them?
As I understand from earlier posts, you changed more than just the intake, thus your results don't isolate any gain from the AGS. Is that correct?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:37 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bah, this is the same BS that was passed off in all the other threads.

The only reason you don't see numbers is because they are not what was promised, pure and simple.

Vapor-gains.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:37 AM
MartyR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland
Ok, I'm going to write down a number on a piece of paper. You let me know if your number is higher or lower.

As I understand from earlier posts, you changed more than just the intake, thus your results don't isolate any gain from the AGS. Is that correct?
Way to go, Eric. If there was any hope of seeing the numbers, it's a specter now.

We'll see the results sooner or later. My guess is later.

Marty

Old 05-10-2005, 10:45 AM
sfjames2
6th Gear
Well here it is from me..... no HP gains from the AGS.

Do not have it yet.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CooperSS
astra,

As much as I would like to see those numbers, being an AGS owner myself, why should he subject himself to the bashing that will accrue after the post.

Those most ardent numbers people will also be the first to point out the inaccuracy of the dyno numbers with some if not all of the following complaints:

Wrong dyno type
Wrong dyno operator
Wrong ambient air temp
Wrong humidity
Wrong instrumentation
Wrong phase of the moon
Wrong tension on the tie down straps
Wrong tire pressure
Wrong interval between runs
Wrong gas
Wrong charts(Photoshoped)
and on and on and on!!!:smile: :smile:

All to point out the invalidity of the numbers they were all clamoring for.
So whats the point.

Just my .02,

Bill
When have you seen a board member put up dyno numbers and get any replies like that? Examples, please, not "Peter warned me not to post because people are out to get him". Your argument is ridiculous and attempts of shift the focus away from the real question at hand.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:06 AM
CooperSS
4th Gear
Ok Andy, that post was a little tongue in cheek, a little attempt at levity.

First this has nothing to do with Peter.

I will spend some time looking for the posts I was referring to.
This occurred, to best of my feeble memory, a few months ago when several members of our club had a dyno day and posted the results. I thought I remembered many strange comments on this board questioning the results of that and subsequent days at the dyno.

I seem to remember the same thing happening when Gabe and some of his friends spent a day at the dyno in the Boston area.

I will search for the info, if I am wrong I will be the first to say so and apologize.

EDIT1: This is the post I was thinking about, I had forgotten I started the thread, probably why it stuck in my head, some valid questions posted there, but some I thought were out of line.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...light=dyno+day

But you will have to admit that power claims in posts on this forum quite often draw many questions, whose answers are beyond the capabilities of the average guy taking his car to a dyno and posting the results. They are just trying to do what you and many others request, and that is post the numbers.

Bill

Old 05-10-2005, 11:28 AM
KevinR
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 05-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland

You have to remember that Jcampos Dyno numbers are really valid to many people since he has alot of other modifications that can help or hinder the usefulness of the AGS(mostly help). They would be nice to see, but not a true test of the AGS abilities for what it can do for a higher percentage MCS owners about to do this mod.

For a true controlled result you would need Dyno numbers from a stock MCS. Once you have that number then you can assume that adding any other modifications will probably make it work even better. Other than that numbers from highly modified cars are nice and welcome but not completely useful. Though if the last dyno before the AGS install had no changes made to it other than swapping intakes, then you can compare at least on that car differences from one intake to the other. But if any other modifications are made between the two dyno runs than the numbers are invalid.

Its incredibly simple, i don't understand why so many people don't understand..... Anybody ever take 6th grade science?

Old 05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
KevinR
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Thameth
Anybody ever take 6th grade science?
It's funny you should post this, because the approach of "I've got the results and you can't see them..." reminds me of grammar school.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
jlm
6th Gear
another example that you need to find is from the session in Mass (Yarrow?) where several cars put down huge numbers that seemed unreasonable by comparison to many other published dyno results.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KevinR
It's funny you should post this, because the approach of "I've got the results and you can't see them..." reminds me of grammar school.

Your so right.....

Old 05-10-2005, 11:15 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
Yes, I have added a couple different mods since my last pull.... and there were very different conditions since my last pull... here are the differences and why I would be nit picked if I posted.

1. Went from 15-17% supercharger pulley.... after a drive, I BARELY felt a difference.

2. Went from stock crank pulley to Alta lightweight.... did this at the same time as the supercharger pulley... again, barely noticable.

3. The "base" run was done after about an hour and a half of cooling down. The comparison run with the AGS + TB was done after an hour of hard driving trying to fight traffic and make it to the shop before it closed.

I dont need to show numbers.... the AGS made a difference, thats all you need to know. The numbers were well above the HAI numbers, which many claim to be better than the Alta. You will all be shown data someday by someone who wants to put up with the ********. Im tired of it, as I stated in one of my posts a while back where I also said that I will NOT be posting my dyno numbers.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:35 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JCampos
Yes, I have added a couple different mods since my last pull.... and there were very different conditions since my last pull... here are the differences and why I would be nit picked if I posted.

1. Went from 15-17% supercharger pulley.... after a drive, I BARELY felt a difference.

2. Went from stock crank pulley to Alta lightweight.... did this at the same time as the supercharger pulley... again, barely noticable.

3. The "base" run was done after about an hour and a half of cooling down. The comparison run with the AGS + TB was done after an hour of hard driving trying to fight traffic and make it to the shop before it closed.

I dont need to show numbers.... the AGS made a difference, thats all you need to know. The numbers were well above the HAI numbers, which many claim to be better than the Alta. You will all be shown data someday by someone who wants to put up with the ********. Im tired of it, as I stated in one of my posts a while back where I also said that I will NOT be posting my dyno numbers.
The day you speak of for independent numbers being posted is TODAY .
Check this thread for numerical backup of the personal results you have already experienced.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=42944

Randy
M7 Tuning