Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 15% Pulley Install Today, One Word, YES!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:46 PM
rmorin49
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15% Pulley Install Today, One Word, YES!!

I had an Alta 15% pulley installed today at MINI of Towson. Just under $300 labor. All I can say is WOW!! The power increase is fantastic. I drove home very sanely at 70- 75 mph and averaged 33.6 mpg according to the OBC. Got on the throttle a couple of times just to feel the power. SC whine is very nice but at cruising speeds I detect no difference in noise or driveability. My 05 MCSC only has 3K on the clock but there was no mention of affect on my warranty. Unless my SC explodes I don't see how the pulley can be blamed for much else.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got my MINI from Towson. I am pleased that they are a very mod-friendly dealer, to the point where (like you) they will install aftermarket mods at a pretty reasonable rate. Where I do all the work on my car myself, I can feel comfortable that they wont pull any shady stuff in trying to blame a mod for causing damage (and subsequently deny warranty work) when it's obviously not the case. For that they come highly recommended by me. Be sure to stop by their occasional 'MINI Night' when they have them!

You will love your 15%. The Alta pulley is what I run. I think it's the best designed of all the aftermarket ones, and it has a good 'track record' for reliability. You should not notice much of a decrease in mileage as long as you keep your foot out of it (this, of course, is the toughest part!). As for reliability, you wont blow up anything at that level.

Enjoy!

Old 02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
rmorin49
2nd Gear
MINI of Towson

My 05 MCSC is the second MINI purchased from Towson. Their service department has improved immensely since my first purchase on June of 02. The new service advisor, Mike Kulweckie (sp?) is first rate. He tries very hard to keep customers satisfied. I was given a nice MINI S loaner for the day. Dropped car off at 9 am for the pulley install and some remote programming. It was ready at 4 pm. I am very happy with MINI of Towson and will recommend them to anyone considering a purchase or service. I am interested in attending one of their MINI nights. Do they send out notices?

Old 02-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
They usually send out notices via email and also via postal mail too. Also a thread will pop up here in the Mid Atlantic region forum. These events are great, they clear out the front lot of all cars, open the service bay for an 'open house' with hands-on experience in doing work on the cars, helpful hints, you name it. The front lot ends up with more MINIs than there is in a given sales day. People walking around, checking out other cars and getting ideas.

They seem to do one per year. If all car dealers did this and had such a level of participation, the roads would be a far more enjoyable place.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Rossii
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Randy installed the 15% on my 05 this past Sat. This is what the car should feel like The car screams and wants to go! On my way home from work today I had a chance to spank a G35 who thought he was the shiznit....that was rather amusing I will be getting the Cooperworks software later this week..........this just gets better.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:41 PM
minicoopal
1st Gear
just had mine today at helix...all i can say is AWESOME! eric's the man!