Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain *Feeler* Pulley Party Pittsburgh +extras

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Feeler* Pulley Party Pittsburgh +extras

Trying to get some feedback and possible dates for a mini get-together here at ESE in da burgh. I would like to dedicate a saturday and sunday for a general meet/greet and install/demostration party.

I'm thinking around $200 for the pulley including installation. There's no reason for us to charge you guys more for a job that requires only 1-1.5 hours, a lift and a competent tech

We can also offer specials for quick installs like swaybars, spring/coils, exhausts, etc.

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 04:57 PM
apexer
6th Gear
I don't need anything at this time (see signature ) but, may just stop by some day to say hello.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:52 PM
GstewMINI
2nd Gear
what brand pulley? is there options?

Old 09-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
That would be with an Alta pulley...15% or 19%. Heck, if we get enough response I may throw in a free new belt for the 19% guys.

All parts/pricing is certainly negotiable.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Veni_Vidi_Vici
5th Gear
I'm putting my quarters in a jar to get the LSD/clutch/flywheel and now you have to do this! I've wanted to upgrade from 15%-19%. Now it looks like I'm gonna have to. Seriously, if we're talking 2 bills, I'm in.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
ok...that's one confirmed. As of now, we will be serving bread and water for the party:smile:

Old 09-16-2004, 05:48 PM
bodinski
5th Gear
That's a smokin' deal! I'd even bring the bread.. But since I'm in TN, I'll do it myself - tomorrow, weather permitting. Thanks again, Brian!

Old 09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Dave@EuroStylesEast
Neutral
Originally Posted by brian@EuroStylesEast
ok...that's one confirmed. As of now, we will be serving bread and water for the party:smile:
Hey I thought you said today if you got enough people we would have strippers too!!

Old 09-16-2004, 07:46 PM
SwingMCS03
4th Gear
are you planning on traveling anywhere, say Cincinnati or Indy to have a party? If so, I'd be interested in a rear sway bar and maybe some other goodies.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
Sorry its not in this year's budget. Someone else suggested a bus and trailer that does lsd/clutch/flywheel installs across america...so you may be on to something there.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
I've got some more goodies in my bag, so I may hold off on this for a couple of more weeks while they materialize. I'm now shooting for mid to late october.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
apexer
6th Gear
Keep me informed but, FYI PittStop Mini club shooting to have a track day @ BeaverRun Nov. 6-7 so, I'd stay away from planning anything that weekend.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:33 AM
fueledbymetal
3rd Gear
I'll be making a couple trips up to PA over the next few weeks, so I'm interetsed in a pulley if the timing works out.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
Ya, I'm shooting to have the pulley party at least a week or two before track day. I'll post a definite date very soon. Looking like it'll be the weekend of the 23rd or 30th.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:34 AM
MxChis
1st Gear
A little late - sorry - but I'd be interested also.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian,

Since it is local, it is obvious that you wouldn't have to charge near as much as someone doing it on the road with the shipping and logistical issues. Besides, there are plenty of folks willing to pay a slight premium to someone who has done the most pulley installs on the planet (over 400)

That additional money spent by doing the pulley through Webb Motorsports also gets you a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty...

Randy Webb
Webb Motorsports
www.webbmotorsports.com - check out Pulley Party Central
720-841-1002

Old 10-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Kevin@EuroStylesEast
Randy,

I understand that you are offering a curbside / at your door service but lets both be completely honest for a minute. $400 - $119 = $281 no matter which way you work it! $281 is juuuuuuust alittle more than a "slight premium" for a very simple 1 hour job! If you've done just one, you've done them all! Installing a pulley is not something that needs "400" to be mastered. I understand you have a handful of costs involved getting to and from the Parties but is that really an expense the customer should have to cover We have a 5000sq ft facility to run but that doesn't justify tripling actual times to make up for it! Don't intend on getting into a back-and-forth on this one, only pointing out a few bottom line numbers since you felt it was necessary to jump the thread!

Old 10-13-2004, 01:22 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
The only reason I jumped in was the razz on the first post. I don't like getting into online debates either, and it really doesn't help anyone. Just a few justification comments though:

I also have a large shop, and I support only the MINI community with it. I don't work on any other make, and the MINI niche is small. That does raise my cost of doing business. When you factor in the fact that I do a door-to-door service, which includes quite a bit of shipping because I send my own tools back and forth, the margin just wouldn't be there without $400 for an install fee. Also consider that $400 is the going rate just about anywhere in the country - and there are many shops charging more than that, by no insignificant margin. Also, triple is fuzzy math. If you are charging $200, and I'm charging $400, that's twice in my mathbook. That doubled price, considering the numbers we are talking, is a slight premium considering the warranty and experience, as well as the convenience. Not to mention the show - and I know you haven't been to a party - that is put on.

As far as doing one pulley, you've done them all - I know I have learned quite a few tidbits along the way that make the job safer for the car. I don't even think that experience can be argued - it always makes a difference.

I'd be happy to talk with you about margin, or components that work, or any business related stuff. Please just give me a call, and we can spare the internet banter.

Randy
720-841-1002

Old 10-13-2004, 01:44 PM
GstewMINI
2nd Gear
no offense but that **** could have been handled way more professionally, he said it in general, why not call him instead?

Old 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
You are absolutely right. I had a crappy morning with a political SCCA rules change, and then was directed here by a customer (and I had many customers try to get me to look at it earlier). I called Brian and talked with him, Kevin was on another line, but I plan on talking with him as well. We had never talked before, and that should have been my first reaction. Now that I have talked with Brian, I have a better understanding of their local economy, and the idea behind their labor rates. He has a better understanding of plane ticket, shipping and lodging costs that are part of a pulley party. We almost sang campfire songs - it was a beautiful moment.

I won't delete the posts, because that doesn't seem right either (like me trying to hide a mistake), but I do apologize for not handling this the proper way from the start.

Randy :smile:

Old 10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
apexer
6th Gear
Ah...the "Show" I have been to two of Randy's Pulley Parties, one in Richmond, Va to get a pulley and some other odds & ends (plugs, wires, catch can) and, the second near Mansfield, OH just to see the "SHOW". My wife & I drove 4 hours (one way) got to the Ohio "Show" Sat. 9AM and, spent the nite before returning the the "Show" the following morning. Left to return home late Sunday morning.

Was it worth it??? In both cases HELL YES

Now, that being said, I'm glad EuroStylesEast is so close and is offering some great deals on parts and installations. I hope to spend some time there as well.:smile:

Old 10-13-2004, 03:08 PM
GstewMINI
2nd Gear
I'm glad to see you guys got everything worked out. :smile:
Very cool of you to try and resolve it before it got out of hand.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
I was thinking about having a (MC) BMP cold air intake installed. Either that or an Alta Rear Swaybar. Christmas is coming and after the whole "broke the rim by hitting that G'D pothole incident" I think my Mini would be miffed if I didn't get it something for the up and coming holiday season.

BTW: The Beaver Run track date is now set for November 6th (weather permitting).

Old 10-13-2004, 04:32 PM
apexer
6th Gear
Sent my check in today:smile:

Originally Posted by Driving_Hamster
I was thinking about having a (MC) BMP cold air intake installed. Either that or an Alta Rear Swaybar. Christmas is coming and after the whole "broke the rim by hitting that G'D pothole incident" I think my Mini would be miffed if I didn't get it something for the up and coming holiday season.

BTW: The Beaver Run track date is now set for November 6th (weather permitting).

Old 10-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
Trying to schedule a day for everyone has proven to be mayhem. So here's the deal:

For one week only, starting Saturday October 30th 'til Saturday November 6th, schedule your appointment for a pulley installed for only $200. New napa belts for the 19% pulleys will be $20.

This price does not include PA sales tax, so the total will come to $214 for a 15%, $235.40 for a 19% w/ belt.

Please call ahead to schedule a time and if you'd like anthing else installed, so I can be sure to have it available when you stop in.

See you then!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain *Feeler* Pulley Party Pittsburgh +extras