Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Offical MarioKart Review Thread.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 AM
PEneoark
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cloverasx View Post
I feel like you may be copying me lol - we have basically the same setup and tune. Let me know if you dyno it since we're basically dead even with mods; I'm curious what the figures are but not curious enough to pay for a dyno run :D
Hahahaha. I may or may not dyno. We'll see lol

Old 03-15-2019, 07:06 PM
mountainhorse
3rd Gear
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Anyone have this on their 2011 MCS (only interested in feedback from people with an N18 powered 2011 Mini Cooper-S).

If yes... what did you do (cai, intercooler, turbo, injectors etc etc).

Old 03-16-2019, 09:45 AM
PEneoark
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainhorse View Post
Anyone have this on their 2011 MCS (only interested in feedback from people with an N18 powered 2011 Mini Cooper-S).

If yes... what did you do (cai, intercooler, turbo, injectors etc etc).

I have an RPM Stage 2 for my 2012 MCS. Same car. I have a CNT catless DP and exhaust, ebay FMIC, K&N Typhoon and NGK 2 step colder plugs.

The following users liked this post:
mountainhorse (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 04:27 PM
Arctic blue
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put a torch on that, you should be able to get that out.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:17 PM
AWD_Rally
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mario is the man! Even beyond initially getting parts or a tune, he's always willing to chat and answer any questions.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:10 AM
ckussoff
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RPM tune

I wanted to share my experience with Mario and the RPM tune. Mario is a wealth of mini knowledge and will take a ton of time and answer questions. I have a gp2 and previously had 2 plug in tunes. Both of which had issues when pushed hard and I had to remove. The power was ok.

Now the real deal! The rpm stage 1 tune makes a ton more power. Power comes on very linear and plus through the whole range. Completely transformed the car!

Thank you Mario!

AWD_Rally (04-11-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 12:30 PM
grunte
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talked to Mario on Wednesday about questions I had regarding tuning and suspension. What a great guy! Thanks for taking to the time to answer my questions Mario. I appreciate it.

AWD_Rally (04-11-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Wesleyshawn
Neutral
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hello all, long time lurker, first post. I rarely post on forums, I typically just use the ďsearchĒ function and get all the info I need. I have a 2008 R55, which Iíve only had for about 6 months. I bought it with the intention of modding it, not for racing, just to make it more fun to drive. Searching the forums one name kept coming up, Mario. I contacted him with questions about what I thought I wanted, and he took a great deal of time to help me sort out what would best give me the results I was looking for. His help went way beyond what I would consider customer service, he spent hours helping me before I spent a dime. Ultimately I went for an IC, Catless DP, RPM stage 2 tune, and plugs. I had already done catch cans and an intake. I took my car for the first drive today, and wow. It feels like a different car. Throughout the install process I texted or called Mario several times just to make sure I was on the right track, and he answered all questions as well as providing related info I hadnít even thought to ask. Next Iíll be doing ARP rod bolts, then eventually a turbo, and without a doubt Iíll deal with Mario again. I just wanted to share my experience for the community. Thanks Mario!

The following 4 users liked this post by Wesleyshawn:
AWD_Rally (04-11-2019), grunte (04-11-2019), PEneoark (04-13-2019), weaverpsu (04-11-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Aaron Auten
Neutral
I have had the pleasant experience of dealing with Mario on 2 n occasions now. He has taken my 2008 r56 S to the next level with his stage 2 phase. We all know what the stages feel like so I won't bother getting into how awesome the car drives. A cpl of my boys at work have driven my car n now 2 of them have bought r56s as a second car for fun. We all ride streetbikes n the mini feels like one with the RPM tune from Mario.

But let me tell you about my experience. I sent my ecu out to Mario in the middle of March bcus I had my car in the shop at Helix Motorsports for sum leaking oil seals. It was a $$$$ job n mostly due to labor and sum other pre maintenance work I wanted to do bcus I was trying to avoid downtime. I had Mario's DP n bottom engine mount for months so Helix put them on as well as the upgraded turbo lines. I gave Mario a call bcus I wasn't sure how the car would run with the DP installed w/o a tune. I DIDN'T HAVE the extra money at the time for the tune even tho I was putting the parts on. Mario assured me the car would run fine even tho it would have the CEL light on. We hung up n then I thought about the downtime again n called Mario up to see if he would me a favor. I asked Mario if he would put the tune on the ecu if i had Helix send it to him. I also asked Mario if I could pay him back in 2 wks! The man said yes..I'm all the way on the east coast n we've never meant n he trusted me to pay him later. There's not a lot of business owners I've met that would do that for someone...I assured him he'd get the money n he was gd with it.

Now the story gets better.....my ecu had issues. ..but it came back n the car wasn't running right....Tim at Helix said that he n Mario were working it out n it would get fixed. ...well within that week I had to go to the hospital for a surgery n I was out for a ltl over a week. When I finally called the Helix the car was done. Mario had the car towed to Mini, he had the ecu wiped n restored n then had Tim re ship my ecu to him to put the stage 2 map on. The total cost for everything was about 600 dollars out of HIS pocket to get it right n I hadn't even paid him yet! This guy is TOP NOTCH! I got it back n told Helix to keep it n make sure EVERYTHING was right on it b4 I went to get it. I had got sum errors on the car when I test drove it n sent screen shots to Mario, he told me what to look for. I needed a new thermostat/thermostat housing n a new turbo inlet tube. The tune is aggressive so I guess the weak links of Original parts especially will show their flaws. All fixed n I can't stop smiling every time I drive it n my wife try to take it everywhere now over her Infinity. Mario had checked in on me to see if things were well n now I'm on the hook for his stage 3 turbo at the end of the month.....lol. ...he's a great guy n the devil at the same time. .... I gotta stay at work to pay the bills n keep modifying this new toy....my bike not get ridden anytime soon lol

Old 05-10-2019, 06:46 PM
MrGrumpy
5th Gear
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
It’s awesome to see so many people who feel the need to speak out on what great service and products Mario has, as well as being a helluva good dude to boot!
Ive had his stage 3 RPM on my ‘12 R60 for a while now and I still love it every day! I smile every time I hit the gas pedal!
If anyone is on the fence, just pull the trigger and do it! You will not regret it. In fact you will probably kick yourself for waiting so long!
Still a very happy customer! And part time shill, lol.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:24 PM
mountainhorse
3rd Gear
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Although I've not made a purchase with Mario, YET, he has given me more than an hour of his time filling me in on the details and considerations with his tuning and other products....He even followed up with me on many other occasions to see if I needed any more info.

Once thing settle down for me this summer... Mario will have my money for some good tuning.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:52 PM
MrGrumpy
5th Gear
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainhorse View Post
Although I've not made a purchase with Mario, YET, he has given me more than an hour of his time filling me in on the details and considerations with his tuning and other products....He even followed up with me on many other occasions to see if I needed any more info.

Once thing settle down for me this summer... Mario will have my money for some good tuning.

Seriously, you can’t go wrong with him. An hour on the phone and he feels like an old friend, lol. The guy has a way of conveying information in a way that makes it obvious that he is extremely knowledgeable, but not in a superior way, if you know what I mean.
He spoke to me for an hour after my first email to him, and by the end of the conversation, I knew without a doubt that he was the only guy I trusted to tinker with my ECU

Edit to add:
My only recommendation to you, just going by comments from others...... if you are only thinking of doing stage 1, do yourself a favor and save or fork out for the extra mods and go stage 2. It seems like everyone who gets a tune loves it, but...... they quickly want more! Lol. I know several folks in this boat or that have gone up to stage 2 or higher.
Heck I started at stage 3 because of a turbo upgrade, and I’m now craving even more power that I’ll never really use! Ha ha!

Last edited by MrGrumpy; 05-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:23 AM
Gelmobile
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Auten View Post
he's a great guy n the devil at the same time. ....
In addition to making my JCW runs like a little beast, reliably, he also managed to save my marriage.....twice, I kid u not, met him having my car tuned in person, he missed his flight, ended up staying w us. Somehow she changed her mind after he chatted w her for a couple hours.

Second time, we chatted w him during a fight (bad one). We piped down after chatting w him for a good hour.

The man is a RPM tuner, devil, n wife-whisperer! Lol

Old 05-18-2019, 05:25 PM
F56JCWdriver
Neutral
Mario kart rpm tune vs. Nm f56 jcw

I first would like to state my nervousness to having this done and took me going back and fourth speaking to Mario about this for over month before we made it happen. He has been nothing but up front and professional the entire way. Never felt pressure of any sort to do anything. Itís all about the questions you ask and or have for the man!
He is very knowledgeable not only with what things do what but how they work.
I was able to team up with a co-worker and send Mario 2 ECUís shipped overnight. He received it the next day. Finished mine that evening he received and then started my co workers. Next day it was shipped back to us overnight. And we received them the next morning around noon time. As much of pain as it was for me to be out of a car for a few days. This process made this way more convenient. I would highly recommend this if you are in this similar situation.
Mario recommended new spark plugs to gap. If Mario doesnít have them already then pick some up and have them gapped.

Now for the tune vs. NM:
I had the NM Power Module since 2016 on my first F56 Cooper S. You can never upgrade to early lol I think I had it the week after I got the car. Pretty much had the NM on high always and honestly was impressed with the power I received from it. I would actually suggest this power module if you are on the fence with a tune or piggyback module.
I recently purchased a 2018 JCW F56 and put the NM power module on this for almost 9,000 miles.
So Marios tune can be tuned to fit your needs but heís done so many that he knows whatís safe a whatís not. So I let him do his thing as I of course wanted it aggressive but also very safe for the car.
After install the test drive still with stock spark plugs was a entire different Mini.
After having the NM for so long you can 100% feel the difference!
The NM module yes gives you power but a little low end/ high mid and.... then it dies, ok not dies it just gives up.
With Marioís RPM tune the boost/power is progressive throughout each gear. More noticeable at 2nd and on.
But thatís where you want it. You donít want to chirp your tires losing traction. Maybe thatís just how I drive and prefer to drive. Donít get me wrong thereís still power in 1st for sure.
The power in every other gear honest to god pulls all the way through and pulls hard.
Its very cool to notice this in particular between RPM and NM.
Its feels as if the car is finally showing its real power! With the gapped sparks plugs, knowing the old ones would give out after a week. I also am feeling a slight difference in power or the car running smoother.
Getting up to 120...shhh donít tell the wife, felt like butter. I didnít even have to look at my speed it was just there and there fast.
I have the JCW Exhaust, Catless DP, intake and all this combined with the new tune is truly amazing. I was shaking after the first test run it was that good haha

Im pretty damn satisfied with the tune and how everything was handled. Also happy that I feel the power I was missing with NM. I would also never know if I never purchased the NM, but now you know!

Thank you Mario for this smooth experience for both me and my JCW.
Appreciate the goodie bag as well that was sent!