North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-191/)
-   -   Drivetrain Offical MarioKart Review Thread. (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/278803-offical-mariokart-review-thread.html)

ptguy0618 10-25-2014 05:15 PM

Offical MarioKart Review Thread.

6 Attachment(s)
So I really wanted to take the time to expose NAM to my experiences with Mario Palza. SO, this will be a thread to discuss product reviews, and open conversation about your professional experience with him.

I started out on NAM as a total NOOB(always will be lol) im obsessed with cars, specifically my mini, but im not mechanically inclined. So i always look to others to inform me, and give me solid advice, and not give me a hard time for being misinformed.

I initially contacted Mario when looking to purchase my down pipe. His responses were almost always immediate(even with a 4 hour time difference). And he was insanely helpful. Mario's mission is to educate, and MAKE YOU FASTER!

His down Pipe is impeccable. The build quality, and welds, and ceramic coating were beautiful. The sound it produced, was heavenly! And the Crap load of candy he sent as a surprise was awesome, CUSTOMER SERVICE folks. Thats been the best part of dealing with him.

Now, the best product ive recieved from Mario is my Manic stage II tune, granted he isnt the tuner, but he bench tuned my DME, and he had it done QUICK. My DME was on its way back to Florida the same day he revieved it! and even though it was a much smaller box, he still managed to throw in a few pieces of candy!

MY MANIC STAGE II TUNE SO FAR:

First of all, ill start with the SPS switch. I come from other cars with after market turbo kits, and piggy back ECUs from AEM where you had one map tuned to your car. And this is by far the coolest automotive toy ive ever owned. 4 MAPS of power levels to switch instantly to, how awesome is this?!

I had the JB+, and i will endlessly praise is as an amazing bang for the buck product in terms of power delivery.

BUT Map A, literally blew me away, i was not prepared for the fully encompasing change that occurred in my cars performance. The JB was a light switch that flicked, and the power didnt last throughout the REV range, and i found it often wasnt consistent. The Manic tunes power, is SO much more than the JB produced. I havent had it dynoed, but i know the power increase is pretty hefty. My car runs so much smoother now it seems. And the power IS ALWAYS there, and the throttle response is much improved. The turbo seems to spool faster, even on light throttle at low RPM i can hear my recirc valve opening. No hit or miss above a certain RPM for the power to come. its impressive.

Now i just tried Map B the other day and have been running it for a few days now. My first pull was a 2nd gear pass, and i spun all the way through second and a little into 3rd, which ive never come CLOSE to doing in my mini before. The power increase from A to B is noticeable, not sure what the HP difference is, but the Butt Dyno tells me everything i need to know. I still have yet to mix e85 with map A or B, but i cant want to see the results.

Map C: i have not touched yet, its set up for me to run pure 100 octane, or a 93 octane mixed with 100. I will add to this review once i get there.

I encourage EVERYONE who is considering it, to bite the bullet, and go for it. Trust me, i added the intake, the down pipe, the lower motor mount, and i had my Second CAT cut from my exhaust, and they all changed the experience of my MINI, and the JB helped take advantage of those modifications. But the tune takes FULL advantage of these MODs and and completely puts them all in harmony to produce power for your car.

Contact MarioKart, or any manic dealer to get the process started.

My experience with Mario has been nothing but professional, the customer service is outstanding, and hes here to serve you and your mini. Contact him, even if its just to ask a question.

Thanks Mario, You helped me transform my MINI into a monster!

- An Undyingly loyal customer.(Matt)

Damon114 10-25-2014 06:14 PM

Well ptguy0618 you beat me to it and i have had the very same experience with Mario as you. I have owned 3 mini's but never modded any of them until i purchased my GP2 and met Mario. I live in Canada so finding any one who does aftermarket parts/mods close to where i live is not possible. So after reading pages of threads for the last couple years i decided to contact Mario about a DP for my GP. Well thats where it all started. Mario shipped me one of his DP's to Canada in record time and helped me through the install process as i did it myself. Since then i have become very good friends with Mario and he has helped me with so much info and making my GP a beast!!!!! Since the DP install i sent my ECU for Mario to install a manic tune and got him to send it back with a sps switch. OMG my GP on map B is crazy!! Next mods are an intercooler /meth kit and hot pipe. I can't thank Mariokart enough for all his help. Whenever i need advice or help with my GP, Mario has been there for me. Don't think about it..... get in touch with Mario and get some HP.

MarioKart 10-26-2014 10:47 PM

Thank you both, for the great reviews, . I was fortunate enough to be able to take the "leap of faith" and do something I love. I'm looking forward, to help make some fast Mini's.
DP's for N14/N18 F56 and Manic Tunes

minivinnie92 10-27-2014 10:48 AM

So far I have only spoke to the guy but after the first phone call I will tell you he is awesome. I just can't wait to buy the tune from him! I only wish I didn't install another down pipe so I can buy his too lol but great guy can't wait to do more business I encourage anyone to talk to him about a tune .

MarioKart 10-28-2014 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by minivinnie92 (Post 4006227)
So far I have only spoke to the guy but after the first phone call I will tell you he is awesome. I just can't wait to buy the tune from him! I only wish I didn't install another down pipe so I can buy his too lol but great guy can't wait to do more business I encourage anyone to talk to him about a tune .

Looking forward to working with you.

Jimbaco 11-03-2014 07:55 AM

MarioKart is a great guy! He tuned my 2012 MCS two weeks ago. I was hesitant at first since I have already spent money on a tune. But after speaking with MarioKart, I felt more inclined to re-tune. Mario knows his stuff.

Finally had a chance to really open her up at the track. The tune is far superior to my previous VR Tune. Yes, the process took a little time, but Mario and I just picked a random spot to grab a bite while the ECU was flashed.

Now next on my list: Meth kit by Mario!

MarioKart 11-03-2014 08:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, it's Mobile Manic Tune Tuesday!!! I will be in West LA, Van Nuys, and near Disneyland tomorrow, loading some Stage 1.5 and 2.5 Manic tunes. Send me a message if you would like a quote or have questions. New Manic Stickers and SPS map switches came in today.

J 13 11-09-2014 01:15 AM

cant say much, the guy and his company is great. Customer service is on point! I dealt with mquebed 3x within 2 months and he has kept me updated with everything.

First was installing my wagner IC+m3 DP. 2nd time we met he pulled my Ecu info to find out if a tune was available, unfortunately it was not. I left the country for more than a month (he emailed me during this time aswell) and as soon as i got back, i received a text that a tune was available.

3rd time was last friday. We hit up a burger joint in my area and Manic stage 2+ happened! :thumbsup:

Fooj GP 11-13-2014 06:32 PM

I like to say a big THANK YOU to Mario for all the work he has done for me in the past and today. I started dealing with Mario from the beginning when he was just starting out making his own downpipes ideas to now doing Manic tunes. Ive haven't been around the Mini crew for all that long, but i have worked with people in other forums when i had other car's and no one was close to the level of customer care you get from Mario. If you have any questions he is there answering them back very quckly and truthfully. I had issues with his DP on my car, he worked with me every day to figure out what was the issue from texting back and forth, too sending a another downpipe to my door with out a problem (come to find out my car is a bit different). You dont get customer service like that from the very big companys out here. I have learned alot about Mini's from this guy i'd be lost with out him haha.

Mario like to thank you again for all the hard work and help you have done for me, its always a pleasure workin with you!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jpatrician 11-21-2014 10:13 AM

I'd like to add my experience with Mario as well. Over the past couple of months or so, I researched and shopped around for a tune for my N14 Clubman. I eventually narrowed it down to 3 tuners and sent them each questions regarding their tunes. Mario was the only one to reply with a detailed explanation of how the Manic tune would work with my setup and left me feeling confident that if I ever had a question or concern I could reach out to him and he'd be there with an answer. As others have stated above, his responses were always immediate, and we live on separate coasts! While discussing the tune, Mario also sold me on one of his meticulously fabricated, ceramic coated downpipes. Yes, they are more expensive then many others out there, but I am a firm believer that if you spend a little more for a quality product, you'll get a perfect fit and you'll never have to buy a replacement.

You are not getting a canned tune here! Mario and I went back and forth with all the details of my car, current and future mods. I mailed him my ECU and he bench tuned it the same day he received it. Because my ECU and variables were unique, he worked with Manic in the UK to fine tune the mapping. All this was done in a day, and my ECU was back in the mail the next!

I have had the tune less than a day now, and all I can say is WOW!! I have used plug-and-play canned tunes before on a few of my previous cars (325i, 944, Jeeps) and was always left somewhat dissatisfied with the performance. You thought you could feel a difference, but weren't sure if it was just a placebo effect. Well, with the Manic tune there is no doubt whatsoever that this is NOT a canned tune and it WORKS! I spent an hour and a half on the road immediately following installing the ECU, and I was grinning ear-to-ear the entire time. I am in AWE of how quickly and SMOOTHLY my MINI now builds power and speed. Even rev-matching has become smoother and easier than before. My car has been transformed into an animal, and I haven't even touched Map C yet (once my DP is back from ceramic coating and installed I'll be able to test it out). The SPS switch is amazingly simple to use and makes switching through the maps a breeze.

Anyone looking into a Manic tune, do not hesitate to contact Mario. He's informative, attentive, and PASSIONATE about what he does. I know that I am in good hands, and know that he'll be there for support as I continue modding. In fact, even though he's completed tuning, he's already sent me several links to mods that will continue to increase the performance of my Clubman.

Thanks again Mario! Now I'm off for another spin in my new Manic MINI!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7507/...1702c0d6_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7468/...5e66ee99_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8652/...2da29a24_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7488/...9db74c99_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8658/...21512728_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8614/...3ddbfb4d_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8619/...8a4ce68f_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7466/...83d1b542_o.jpg

whrisk 12-08-2014 06:53 AM

Does Mario have a website I can order his downpipe from?

I emailed him yesterday afternoon, but I have not got a response yet. Looking to order it today and trying to get it by the end of the week.

MarioKart 12-08-2014 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by whrisk (Post 4021049)
Does Mario have a website I can order his downpipe from? I emailed him yesterday afternoon, but I have not got a response yet. Looking to order it today and trying to get it by the end of the week.

Whrisk,
My site is being built now, and should be completed in a month. I sent you a reply this morning via email.
Looking forward to talking with you
Mario

mQuebed Manic Tuning Dealer

whrisk 12-08-2014 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4021121)
Whrisk,
My site is being built now, and should be completed in a month. I sent you a reply this morning via email.
Looking forward to talking with you
Mario

mQuebed Manic Tuning Dealer

Thank you Mario, can't wait to get it.

Redx30 12-12-2014 03:56 PM

R56 Tune

I wanted to take a minute to thank Mario for installing my K04 45R Turbo, downpipe and Manic Stage 3 Tune. My car is night and day, but still drives like stock around town.**I have tried map C, with 100 octane and the car is an angry beast, hard not to smile. I had a lot of questions, but Mario always took the time to answer or explain the details. It's been three months and my Mini hasn't missed a beat.
I encourage others to get tuned, even if you already have one.

whrisk 12-16-2014 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my down pipe today. Thank you Mario. Can't wait to put it in this weekend.

MarioKart 12-16-2014 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by whrisk (Post 4023905)
Got my down pipe today. Thank you Mario. Can't wait to put it in this weekend.

It will make a rewarding weekend project. I hope you have good weather to test it out

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

Ovrclck 12-19-2014 11:25 AM

Does anyone have any vids with Mario's DP installed with fjcw exhaust?

MarioKart 12-19-2014 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ovrclck (Post 4024907)
Does anyone have any vids with Mario's DP installed with fjcw exhaust?

This one is from inside my car JCW exhaust, no cats and my DP.

Ovrclck 12-19-2014 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4024921)
This one is from inside my car JCW exhaust, no cats and my DP.
Video Link: http://youtu.be/HJ740Ri28hg

Sounds good! Thank you.

Sent from cellular device.

MarioKart 12-19-2014 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ovrclck (Post 4024926)
Sounds good! Thank you. Sent from cellular device.

I will try and make an exterior video. It's quiet on idle, cruising and my GF likes it, but when high nail it it's like the gates of Hell opened. Sounds deep and mean. Best of both worlds

sbninja 12-29-2014 07:50 PM

Hi all, my experience with Mario is nothing short of stellar! So glad I decided to mail him my ecu instead of driving to the closest dealer.

I just got received my newly Manic tuned ECU back from Mario on Sat. Dealing with Mario is well worth the price of admission! He answers your emails quickly. I never once felt like I was taking up too much of his time. It's a nice break from the hurried - "can't be bothered" attitude.��

When I set my mind on getting something, I'm like a little kid - I want to open my Christmas presents now! I sent him my ECU and he did his magic and sent it back in record time.

The "Goodie" Bag is especially appreciated!��

Mario is definitely a class act. He conducts himself and his business in a way that sets a standard for all others to follow.

I didn't get his downpipe, though I regret this. After speaking with him, I have no doubt that it is a quality well fabricated piece with attention to overlooked details.

MarioKart 12-30-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by sbninja (Post 4027801)
Hi all, my experience with Mario is nothing short of stellar! So glad I decided to mail him my ecu instead of driving to the closest dealer. I just got received my newly Manic tuned ECU back from Mario on Sat. Dealing with Mario is well worth the price of admission! He answers your emails quickly. I never once felt like I was taking up too much of his time. It's a nice break from the hurried - "can't be bothered" attitude.?003f003f?003f003f When I set my mind on getting something, I'm like a little kid - I want to open my Christmas presents now! I sent him my ECU and he did his magic and sent it back in record time. The "Goodie" Bag is especially appreciated!?003f003f?003f003f Mario is definitely a class act. He conducts himself and his business in a way that sets a standard for all others to follow. I didn't get his downpipe, though I regret this. After speaking with him, I have no doubt that it is a quality well fabricated piece with attention to overlooked details.

Glad you are loving the Tune, let me know when you go to Map C with meth

R53Warrior 12-31-2014 11:26 AM

Has anyone of you guys thrown a Stage 1 or 2 car (stock turbo, preferably non-JCW) on a dyno? I would love to see what that looks like.

minivinnie92 01-13-2015 05:19 AM

I forget where it is but I believe in the manic thread eurotech posted up all the numbers

MarioKart 01-13-2015 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by R53Warrior (Post 4028338)
Has anyone of you guys thrown a Stage 1 or 2 car (stock turbo, preferably non-JCW) on a dyno? I would love to see what that looks like.

Here you go