Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain **Q & A Thread** for Bytetronik FullAccess Tuning Kit - R50/R52/R53

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:37 AM
slo_crx1
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik
We'll start selling these once we have the new software fully tested and ready for release...
That's fantastic news! Will there be any releases noting any differences in the new software vs the old version?

I apologize for being a PITA, I'm just a very enthusiastic DIY'er who loves to have more options with the factory ecu!

Old 12-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Some Guy
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
The procedure as follows for the Resetting of your FA53 Self-Tuning Kit so it can be resold to be used on another R53:
  1. Send us the used MINIPort along with the ECU that it was married to.
  2. In exchange, we will send you a NEW FA53 MiniPort (and keeping the old one as a core)
  3. This new MINIPort will be able to be loaded onto ONE (1) Vehicle
  4. The new owner can then load FA53 onto his ECU and tune it himself or have his tuner of choice to perform the custom tuning.
  5. The exchange fee is $350
  6. Return Shipping and Insurance is $20 for Conti-USA (or provide your own prepaid shipping label).
***NOTE: This exchange does NOT include any CRM (Custom Remote Mapping) Service***

Regards,
BT Support Team.

Just to be clear, on one of the earlier posts it says it is $100 to unpair it from an ECU. Is it correct in saying that it is now $350?

Old 02-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Alan
4th Gear
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Injector Firing Time

I couldn't find in the tune where you specify at what point in the intake cycle that the injector opens. Is this one of the missing tables? Or did I miss it?

I assume advancing the cam is compensated for using the cam position sensor. But how does the tune understand when you change the intake duration or the LSA, and adjust the point when the injector opens (if necessary)?

Old 04-07-2017, 10:46 AM
alexinvancouver
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We'll start selling these once we have the new software fully tested and ready for release...
Hi, it's been half year since
do You have them now?
thanks

Old 04-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Alan
4th Gear
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
These guys are MIA. The support forum is a ghost town. Best I can tell the only thing they've really figured out is how to dyno tune at WOT. Everything else is proceed with caution.

Link G4 is going in the car...

Old 04-07-2017, 06:16 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
Received 255 Likes on 191 Posts
Hmmm, I've had no problems, I can't speak to contact through the forum, but we've been tuning my car with no issues. (except delays on my end)
And they've addresses everything from idle to every day driving to WOT.
This is with street tuning (which I prefer), I don't know how remote dyno sessions would go. But as usual, I'm quite happy with my results.

As far as support on the forum, it depends on what your asking. The forum itself is basically just for customers and users, the ByteTronik team itself won't give out free tuning instructions, all of that would have to come from the users, unfortunately Siemens tuning is fairly complicated and most of users just let the team do the tuning. So unfortunately, technical tuning info can be scarce.

For most of us, it's basically ended up being the same as any remote tune, from these guys, Jan or anyone, follow the instructions given by the tuner and let them handle the tuning.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
Just a FYI: If you are considering buying a second-hand FA53 kit, please ask the seller to provide you with the current license info to verify that the unit is "unmarried"... or you can PM us for assistance.

The following users liked this post:
astroblackr53 (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Pops and Bangs on the R53 stock ECU

Pop, bang & flames are now available on the ... stock ECU...

Last edited by Bytetronik; 08-26-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:52 AM
alexinvancouver
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pop, bang & flames are now available on the ... stock ECU...
i actually purchased to FA53 couple months ago and got my stage rally car custom tuned.
the thing went absolutely crazy, more torque than i could handle lol.
went off the road and hit a huge rock and DNF'd
oh and yeah, i entertained spectators with pops and bungs.
not sure about flames because i looked forward... mostly.
but next time i'll ask my co-driver to run behind the car and look at the exhaust!

JKo (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Ryan Gralinski
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the tech forum for the bytronik fullaccess tuning kit i can't find it anywhere? You mention the tech forum in your posts from there but i can't find it anywhere to download the latest version. Is there a forum just for registered owners?

Old 11-07-2017, 05:46 AM
JKo
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan Gralinski
Where is the tech forum for the bytronik fullaccess tuning kit i can't find it anywhere? You mention the tech forum in your posts from there but i can't find it anywhere to download the latest version. Is there a forum just for registered owners?
Forum: http://mynesperformance.forumotion.com/login

Latest FA53 download: https://www.bytetronik.com/downloads/#software

Ryan Gralinski (11-13-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ryan Gralinski
The FA53 is tied in with the MINIPort hardware. All the features of FA will only be active once the hardware module (MINIPort) is connected to the PC.

Ryan Gralinski (11-13-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Year End Special on the FA53 Package (One FA53 Kit with one set of 550cc injectors + pigtail connectors) $850 shipped to the Conti-USA... ***Limited Quantities***

Email us for details:
info@bytetronik.comThe FA3 is a self-tuning kit... if you need Custom Remote Mapping (CRM) Service, then please contact us for more details...

Old 11-10-2017, 04:58 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
Excellent price considering the injectors and pigtails come along for the ride.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:40 AM
Ryan Gralinski
Neutral
Thanks

Thanks thats exactly what i was looking for. I had found that forum Before i received the FA53 but then after i received it i couldn't find it again!

Old 11-13-2017, 05:43 AM
Ryan Gralinski
Neutral
The FA53 is tied in with the MINIPort hardware. All the features of FA will only be active once the hardware module (MINIPort) is connected to the PC.
Yeah I got everything to work no problem I was just looking for that forum because i had found it earlier before i got the MINIPORT .
This thing worked AWESOME. Got this car with a bunch of aftermarket stuff already on it and an engine light that would not go out without
a propper tune. Its running great now and going for inspection today Would have been SO SCREWED without this thing would have had a worthless freaking car that couldn't pass inspection. thank you for excellent work!

Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 AM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts
550cc injectors

Originally Posted by BlwnAway
Excellent price considering the injectors and pigtails come along for the ride.
Will the injectors with the pigtail fit well under the tight confine without the need to shim up the intercooler with washers etc?

I have watched the Youtube video and see that the 550cc injectors are twin beam just like the stock and JCW. Are these the same injectors?

Old 11-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Hingis
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pnwR53S
Will the injectors with the pigtail fit well under the tight confine without the need to shim up the intercooler with washers etc?

I have watched the Youtube video and see that the 550cc injectors are twin beam just like the stock and JCW. Are these the same injectors?
The pigtails will fit fine, they have extended plug in leads so just fold the leads under the fuel rail.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor

The Bosch 550s that we sell are the same ones that we've been selling since 2009. The pigtails work much better than the adapter connectors that other companies are using...

Original youtube video here:

Last edited by Bytetronik; 11-15-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear

As stated above, the pigtails are high quality and tuck nicely under the fuel rail.
The injectors as well, high quality with flawless performance, the set I had before upgrading to the 650's had about 120k on them, and someone else is now using them.

Another thing about the quality of the injectors that the ByteTronik team offers is fuel economy, while a major portion of my fuel economy came from the quality of the ByteTronik tune, if the injector spray pattern isn't correct for the application, you're not going to get proper atomization and efficient burn, and you absolutely do with these. Even with all of my mods, I got 26.5 everyday, and avg'd 29.7 to and from MOTD (31.4 if I kept it under 70)

Last edited by BlwnAway; 11-15-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Black friday special!

**BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL** FA53 Package (One FA53 Kit with one set of 550cc injectors + pigtail connectors with CRM Tuning) $999 shipped to the Conti-USA... ***Two units only at this price*** (you will need to have the Innovate AFR kit already installed on your Mini, or you can purchase that separately).

Email us for details:
info@bytetronik.comThe FA3 is a self-tuning kit... if you need Custom Remote Mapping (CRM) Service, then please contact us for more details...

Old 11-24-2017, 12:15 PM
pnwR53S
If CRM tuning means custom remote tune, I will take one. Mail sent to Mike.

Last edited by pnwR53S; 11-24-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:31 PM
pnwR53S
I was too excited, so reading deficit disorder. I see now Custom Remote Mapping (CRM) Service.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:31 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
If CRM tuning means custom remote tune, I will take one. Mail sent to Mike.
Yes, it does, this is a killer deal, I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:37 PM
pnwR53S
I downloaded the SW and demo file, and found it is all mirror image Japanese like in Matrix.

I figure I want a safe starting point and then start poking to see what make the Mini tick. Mini is so happy it's doing cartwheels.

I want the data logging capability.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain **Q & A Thread** for Bytetronik FullAccess Tuning Kit - R50/R52/R53