Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Whiiiiiiiiine

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 PM
itsartem
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiiiiiiiiine

Well UPS made me a very happy person today and delivered my Alta intake! i just bought the intake itself without the silicone hose, regardless this thing is a work of art. installation was a breeze. the only complication i came through was when i had to reinstall the fresh air tube, i had to take apart everything because the instructions hadnt mention re installing it and it didnt phase me to install it. so on to the intake itself. looks amazing. came with two filters, red and black. very clean set up. sorry no pics of the install hands were extremely dirty and i was installing alone

Butt dyno likes it. maybe a 7 to 11 hp gain to the crank. but that sound! its so intoxicating. makes me wanna smash the pedal everytime, and im a slow driver! i recommend this to anyone who wants to truly hear their supercharger whine at all times. i had an MK4 R32 before this and with my exhaust set up i had i was missing all the noise, and this surely does help A Lot! im 18 so the sound is just music to my ears. might be loud to others, but to my personal preference its just right. even my 12 year old brother loves the sound! his words exactly, "that whine sounds soooooo gooood!"

all in all i am very happy with my purchase and it goes great with the 15% pulley and one ball mod. next up will be the obx 4-2-1 headers. im trying to keep it as sleeper as possible.

cheers!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Bredto
1st Gear
Haha! I too installed my intake without the fresh air tube the first time and had to undo everything to put it in place. Alta should revamp their instructions.

I love the supercharger whine, but ended up putting the plastic back wall from the stock air box back in. My butterfly valve would whistle like a tea kettle when I was on light throttle and it drove me crazy. Putting the "wall" back in cut down on the kettle whistle.

Enjoy the whine!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
itsartem
1st Gear
yea its a pain in the a**. but you gotta do what you gotta do. in the end my money and time was well spent. ive had it on for a while and it puts a smile on my face everyday!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
ERIK06MCS
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I put my Alta intake +hose on a week ago. The whine was just a but too much as I also just installed the stealthbox in and would rather be listening to that.

Anyways I don't like the idea of an oiled filter so I bought an aem dryflow filter and it actually cut back the whine quite a bit and I have no annoying 3k rpm
whistle

Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM
minirooferS
4th Gear
I love my alta intake. Whine, whistle and all

Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 AM
BlueMeanie01
1st Gear
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM
C-Lop
4th Gear
you guys would hate my car... with the intake cut through to the cowl on the firewall and my alta exhaust, at high revs it sound like a jet taking off... I myself, love it and it gives me goosebumps every time i hear it

Old 03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
fishbulb
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just added the Alta on my '05 about a week ago... ah, yes, now I remember what that sounds like!

It's been a few years since my '06, i was thinking about going the 'grown up' way with the JCW, but...the Alta was sitting there, figured why not. Sounds great, nice kick in the pants as it clears 3000-4000K RPMs. Amazing how choked down it was with the factory intake.