Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
ice91
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!!

Hi,

I have a 2006 JCW and currently ran into an issue.

When I put down 2nd gear and floor my mini doesnt seem to accelerate and the traction control light (believe it is the abs? the triangle with the question mark) starts flashing. I put in 3rd gear and it is gone. The thing is that i feel again the lag (2-4 rpm lag) that i used to feel before modding it.

Any similar situation? Solution? Do you know what it is?

Thanks

Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM
SteveS
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you serious or joking?

Some people choose to turn off the DSC. Press that toggle on your control panel for a couple of seconds and the lighted triangle comes on. This way, when your tires lose traction the computer does not cut the power.

However, for hazardous conditions or wet weather, or for bad drivers, don't do this.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
ice91
1st Gear
im seriousssss the thing is I could turn it off, but this is happening while it is on!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM
COR BLMY
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it is doing what it should.

look into one of the program solutions out there that will default it to the off position .

Got to remember to turn it on in poor traction . maybe everyday use .

Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
dragonwang
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get better or new tires?

Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 AM
ice91
1st Gear
it is doing it more than once... and the tires are new... im thinking more like it is the traction control sensor going coocoo... but im not sure wanted to know if this happened to anyone before

Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM
bigdaddyslip
Neutral
I am having this same issue with an added twist. I am getting the Flashing traction control light in second and I am NOT punching it to the floor. I am also getting erratic hopping in the upper range of second and the lower range of third. this issue only started after i replaced my front wheel bearings any ideas. I have also changed my abs sensor with no luck of fixing the problem.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 PM
BrungMini
Neutral
I am also experiencing issues with power lag. When I shift from second to third my car has a hick up / lag in the rpm range between 2-4 thousand rpm. I can feel the car struggling in the power delivery. I however am not getting my DSC / Traction light coming on at all during this lag issue.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Raze
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BrungMini
I am also experiencing issues with power lag. When I shift from second to third my car has a hick up / lag in the rpm range between 2-4 thousand rpm. I can feel the car struggling in the power delivery. I however am not getting my DSC / Traction light coming on at all during this lag issue.
I had the same problem before i replaced my stock head with a Thumper TPR1, adj. cam gear and a mynes tune. now my mini screams though that rpm range all the way up to redline.

It might be something that a tuner can tune out?