Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Water meth injection system

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 PM
big howe
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitrominis
Very good reverse calculation. While I see what you are going for I would not really care to subject my Mini to a 1/4 run. First the cable crap shifting and the plastic flex about shift box would not allow for speed shifting. I have tried. Please I hope no one post they can Second I do not as of yet have a LSD . Also my oem clutch at this point will not hold with what I have anyway. And my suspension is to tight for the 1/4, wrong tires...bla bla bla.
You are right, BUT we are all faced with the same handicaps in the Mini(LSD's, shifters, tires, etc.) so really, most of the excuses don't hold water.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by big howe
You are right, BUT we are all faced with the same handicaps in the Mini(LSD's, shifters, tires, etc.) so really, most of the excuses don't hold water.
You are a Professional Drag racer? I am just asking? Not that it matters any what’s so ever but I am a straight liner since early 80's. In NHRA Sportsman I have run Altered B/A class, S/T and the last was S/G and have a NHRA competition license to run Class 4 Cat B and C. That means cars that go really fast and qiuck. Nothing slower then 8 seconds. So perhaps we should start a new thread on "How to Drag Race A Mini" and see those experienced in the art of Drag racing and 1/4 mile trickery and with some credentials enlighten more on what you term "excuses" on what it takes to run a successful 1/4 pass.
I didn't build my Mini to run it at the Wedsday night highschool drags. Did you?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
big howe
5th Gear
You are a Professional Drag racer? I am just asking? Not that it matters any what’s so ever but I am a straight liner since early 80's. In NHRA Sportsman I have run Altered B/A class, S/T and the last was S/G and have a NHRA competition license to run Class 4 Cat B and C. That means cars that go really fast and qiuck. Nothing slower then 8 seconds. So perhaps we should start a new thread on "How to Drag Race A Mini" and see those experienced in the art of Drag racing and 1/4 mile trickery and with some credentials enlighten more on what you term "excuses" on what it takes to run a successful 1/4 pass.
I didn't build my Mini to run it at the Wedsday night highschool drags. Did you?
You get awful defensive when asked for some data to back up your talk. Longboard asked for numbers, you declined. I suggested a 1/4 mile pass. You replied with reasons why your MINI wouldn't run a acceptable 1/4 mile, or why it won't see the strip. My point was to say we all have the same limitations with the Mini, so for the most part, all of our 1/4" mile runs have similar handicaps.

I never claimed to be any expert in running cars down the 1/4 mile nor a "professional drag racer". But since you are, I would guess with your superior knowledge in building cars and running no slower than 8.00, you should be able to post a spectacular run. It seems the more "credentials" you have the less you have to actually prove and back up claims?

You can start any thread you want on "How to Drag Race a MINI", but if you aren't going to go out and back it up, it's just talk.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
Like I said I did not toy my Mini to drag race.

I will not post numbers because if it is over 250 I would have to defend it and if it is under then its see he has all that stuff and can't even get to bla bla bla. It’s not worth it. And the credentials game only leads to more people that want proof. Well they are on my shop wall come see or hang out with me at a SEMA show . So it’s not worth it been they’re done it not interested in proving myself to this bunch. Most will do what they want anyway. LOL you can lead a horse to water but... you know the saying. LOL

Last edited by Nitrominis; 07-25-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:14 PM
big howe
5th Gear
This is a picture of my tow car. 1979 Monte Carlo. Yes it has an MSD coil. Also the carter I ran a Edelbrock water injection. This was in 1985. So i have a little experience with water injection systems. Oh and when my race car broke I ran this for fun in ET Handicap and use to click off 12.05 @109mph . Not bad for a 3800lb car with a tow bar
And how does this answer Longboards question?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
In reality prior to me being so active posting on NAM I use to read many threads on NAM in order to take the shortcut to making the right choices on modifying my Mini by those that had made mistakes. So I got to jump a head and was successful at my mods. But lately there has been a wall that has not been breached and that is the 300 whp on an R53(at least that has not been posted).
So maybe I will wait and watch. Like a MODERATOR said no one believes anything I say anyway.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
And how does this answer Longboards question?
That was deleted by me you caught it to fast. Don't see it there anymore!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
big howe
5th Gear
In reality prior to me being so active posting on NAM I use to read many threads on NAM in order to take the shortcut to making the right choices on modifying my Mini by those that had made mistakes. So I got to jump a head and was successful at my mods. But lately there has been a wall that has not been breached and that is the 300 whp on an R53(at least that has not been posted).
So maybe I will wait and watch. Like a MODERATOR said no one believes anything I say anyway.
Wow, sounds like your claiming to have broken 300whp or know someone who has. I'm sure the NAM community would be ecstatic for someone do have done that. If there's an insinuation, surely you should expect questions about this.

If no one believes what you say, I would think the best course of action to get people to believe you, and shut nay-sayers up, is to provide some proof of you achievements?

I'd really like to see 300whp.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
big howe
5th Gear
If you are going to post, stand behind it. No fair editing it all back out later.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
If you are going to post, stand behind it. No fair editing it all back out later.
I just thought it was not appropriate for this thread. Actually I wish that you we lived closer because on the W/M we seem to close and 2 mini's is better then one when trying new things.

pm sent

Last edited by Nitrominis; 07-25-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: checked
Old 07-26-2008, 06:22 AM
cartar452
Banned
But lately there has been a wall that has not been breached and that is the 300 whp on an R53(at least that has not been posted).
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=140173

That's just a recent car that's been on the forum. I guess it and all the others don't count?

And you edit your posts a lot. What the dilly?

Old 07-26-2008, 05:16 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Wow, sounds like your claiming to have broken 300whp or know someone who has. I'm sure the NAM community would be ecstatic for someone do have done that. If there's an insinuation, surely you should expect questions about this.

If no one believes what you say, I would think the best course of action to get people to believe you, and shut nay-sayers up, is to provide some proof of you achievements?

I'd really like to see 300whp.

I know of plenty of 300 plus R-53's. Unless Nitro is saying theres a m45 R-53 than I'm going to have a hard time beleiving it.

Jack

Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
The funny thing is that the Mini is really good at drag racing, its so consistant its unreal.

I flatshift a lot and only have missed gear twice, once in Hubies MegaMini racing him in the Fireball car 1st to 2nd and once the other week.

Not bad for 250+runs at my age........

Sorry but none of you have any excuses now apart from being slush box racers.

As pointed out to me once while watcching Super Gas, imagine how good that class would be if they introduced manual 4 speed H patten mandatory

Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
cartar452
Banned
Anyone ever used one of these? Says it is to be sprayed into the supercharger.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/mr-freeze.html

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
Actually you can do that with anyone’s system. It is usually not a good idea because of the possible corrosion issues to the rotors in the super charger. There are few thoughts here. Closer to the intake charge will lower the combustion temperatures and farther down the intake track will lower the air temperatures. It really depends on what you are trying to do. If you read no one has the total solution because there are to many variables.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
cartar452
Banned
Actually you can do that with anyone’s system. It is usually not a good idea because of the possible corrosion issues to the rotors in the super charger. There are few thoughts here. Closer to the intake charge will lower the combustion temperatures and farther down the intake track will lower the air temperatures. It really depends on what you are trying to do. If you read no one has the total solution because there are to many variables.
Hmm what about spraying in both spots? The Mr. Freeze system is cheap enough to have 2 systems set up and not cost a fortune...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
Originally Posted by cartar452
Hmm what about spraying in both spots? The Mr. Freeze system is cheap enough to have 2 systems set up and not cost a fortune...
SHHHH ! now you are giving away secrets.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Is anyone actually using the Mr. Freeze system?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
cartar452
Banned
Originally Posted by Bahamabart
Is anyone actually using the Mr. Freeze system?
I'd like to know as well. Seems like it would work fine just not be as adjustable as other more expensive units.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
big howe
5th Gear
Keep in mind the Mr. Freeze is basically a can pressurized with the post supercharger air pushing the meth in before the supercharger. You could do a DIY with a beer can and vacuum valve. At $189 it's steep, you can get a basic system(pump, vacuum switch, nozzles, etc) for around $200. I like the simplicity, but I'm not sure how well it would work and it's real expensive for what it is.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:01 PM
cartar452
Banned
Can the Mr. Freeze system be used to spray past the supercharger or will it only work before it?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
vettereddie
Neutral
Thought I'd chime in. I don't have a Mini, rather a supercharged Scion xB. It uses the same Eaton MP45 blower I believe though. I am contemplating methanol injection as the xB setup does not allow for an aftercooler like on the mini.

To get expert advice, I called Magnuson, makers of the bypass valve and a distributor for Eaton. The specifically stated not to run methanol through the supercharger as the methanol could get into the sealed bearings, displace the oil and dry them out, damaging the supercharger.

I will be spraying afterwards. If you have questions, give them a call:
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp45.htm

Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Nitrominis
Banned
Originally Posted by vettereddie
Thought I'd chime in. I don't have a Mini, rather a supercharged Scion xB. It uses the same Eaton MP45 blower I believe though. I am contemplating methanol injection as the xB setup does not allow for an aftercooler like on the mini.

To get expert advice, I called Magnuson, makers of the bypass valve and a distributor for Eaton. The specifically stated not to run methanol through the supercharger as the methanol could get into the sealed bearings, displace the oil and dry them out, damaging the supercharger.

I will be spraying afterwards. If you have questions, give them a call:
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp45.htm

You know that most water pumps use similar sealed bearings.

but I am still with the recommendation of after the SC

Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
trackster
5th Gear
After the SC and IC works best with regards to engine longevity. I have installed a few in a variety of cars and most recently a Alky Control system in a Mini. It is quite easy to drill and tap the IC out " horn " so it really simplifies the install.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Smalls
1st Gear
D-man
Have you had any problems with the tank being installed in the "trunk", since on the Alky website is not recommended to install the tank within the interior confine of the car.

Also are you monitoring your A/F ratio?

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Water meth injection system