Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain is it a hassle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:02 PM
herbie hind
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it a hassle?

to get to the vents to pull one out to put a gauge in it ?

Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
herbie hind
6th Gear
bump ; anyone done this?

Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
SilverBullet3687
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM FastBandit, he did mine for me. Check my gallery for pictures. Not terribly hard, but certainly not the easiest thing in the world to do, for sure.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:03 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This may be more of a solution than you want, but OutMotoring has a kit to replace the two center A/C vents with gauges, including gauges, wiring, trim rings, etcetera etcetera. You can also specify which two gauges you want, if you don't want the default gauges that come with the kit. I think that's why the description lists Boost and Oil Pressure, but the picture shows Oil Temperature and Vacuum. Also, the description says that the included gauges are Stewart-Warner units, NOT Autometer as shown in the picture, but then the very next line says that the kit comes with Autometer Boost and Oil Pressure gauges. If you decide to go this route, it would probably be a good idea to call them before ordering. Here's the link:

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...gauge-kit.html

Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
herbie hind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
This may be more of a solution than you want, but OutMotoring has a kit to replace the two center A/C vents with gauges, including gauges, wiring, trim rings, etcetera etcetera. You can also specify which two gauges you want, if you don't want the default gauges that come with the kit. I think that's why the description lists Boost and Oil Pressure, but the picture shows Oil Temperature and Vacuum. Also, the description says that the included gauges are Stewart-Warner units, NOT Autometer as shown in the picture, but then the very next line says that the kit comes with Autometer Boost and Oil Pressure gauges. If you decide to go this route, it would probably be a good idea to call them before ordering. Here's the link:

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...gauge-kit.html
thx . that's where i got the inspiration . just wondering if it would be a pita . i only need one more gauge . i'm thinkin' on just buying a stand alone pod and clamping it to the upright . yeah i'm lazy and it's hot as haiti out now .