R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Mayfair Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official Mayfair Owners Club

Everybody keeps saying, “Somebody should make a Mayfair group,” so here we go.

I must admit that at the time of the creation of this group, I am not an official Mayfair owner. I am in the Mini Purgatory of knowing my Mayfair MCS is out on a dock in Southampton waiting for a ship to bring him to his new home in the mountainous, twistie-filled roads of SW Virginia. Hopefully the wait will be over near the start of March

My specs: 2010 MCS, PW/B, Mayfair package (obviously), Convenience, Cold Weather, Auto AC, Satellite, H/K, Anthracite Headliner, Rear fogs, Invisashield clear bra, chrome scoop. No sunroof, though – I was floored by the amount of noise they let in during test drives

Anyway, we all know that our Mayfairs are special – from those toffee bonnet stripes to the special Mayfair “bling” items that set us apart. I especially like the subtle turquoise green stitching in the toffee leather seats. It sounds like it would stick out like a sore thumb, but actually goes beautifully with the rest of the design of the cabin.

So, be it a Hot Chocolate, Pepper White or the elusive Midnight Black Mayfair, this is the place to discuss why your ride is the best on the road (or at least in your garage).

Old 02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Thom228
Everybody keeps saying, “Somebody should make a Mayfair group,” so here we go.
Yeah, I was about to just make one for you slackers haha

Sounds like a nice Mayfair, BTW. Waiting is the hardest part :D

Old 02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Ramael99
Neutral
Congrats! Make sure you post some pix when your baby finally arrives!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Mayfair Eleanor
Neutral
Hello,
I ordered my 2010 Mayfair Mini on Feb. 20th and I can't wait to get her. I've named her Eleanor. She's pepper white with toffee bonnet stripes and even though I've never seen this color combination in person, I know she will be beautiful. Can anyone tell me how long it will take? I'm glad I found this website.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Congrats to all from a member of the Camden owners club!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Eleanor - I may be biased, but that's a great color combo if I do say so myself (and I do).

Check out my gallery and you'll get a good idea what she'll look like. If you want me to send some additional pics, PM me and let me know.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Mayfair Eleanor
Neutral
Thanks everyone. Thom228, I LOVE these pictures. Did you have to pay extra for the chrome scoop? I don't remember it being a part of my upgrades. Only thing different is my roof is pepper white (same as the body). I did include rear fog lights for the exterior. Can't wait to see her! The color scheme is classy & sassy with an attitude! She has completed production, so I guess the next step is to board the boat to cross the big pond? I appreciate the pictures, they are better than the one you build on the website!

Old 03-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mayfair Eleanor
Thanks everyone. Thom228, I LOVE these pictures. Did you have to pay extra for the chrome scoop? I don't remember it being a part of my upgrades. Only thing different is my roof is pepper white (same as the body). I did include rear fog lights for the exterior. Can't wait to see her! The color scheme is classy & sassy with an attitude! She has completed production, so I guess the next step is to board the boat to cross the big pond? I appreciate the pictures, they are better than the one you build on the website!
Thanks for the compliments! All MINIs look great, but there's always something special about the one that lives in your garage. Once yours comes in, you'll really notice how the toffee on the stripes flows into the interior leather. It's a very unique, handsome color combo.

Since it was already going to be "chromed up" from the Mayfair package, I wanted a chrome scoop as well. When we were going through the dance of what I was willing to pay for and what I wasn't, I wanted the scoop thrown in for free. I got everything I asked for, so I was pretty happy about it.

Your Mayfair will come with rally lights, but horrible white covers on them. If you would like a little extra chrome, a quick Google of "chrome mini cooper rally light covers" will direct you to minimani.com. I have dropped the hint to my better half that they would make a very nice birthday present for somebody who just purchased a new MINI.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
*Bump* Where's all the Mayfairs at??

Old 05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
*Bump* Where's all the Mayfairs at??
We're too busy out driving to post.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:06 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Thanks for the compliments! All MINIs look great, but there's always something special about the one that lives in your garage. Once yours comes in, you'll really notice how the toffee on the stripes flows into the interior leather. It's a very unique, handsome color combo.

Since it was already going to be "chromed up" from the Mayfair package, I wanted a chrome scoop as well. When we were going through the dance of what I was willing to pay for and what I wasn't, I wanted the scoop thrown in for free. I got everything I asked for, so I was pretty happy about it.

Your Mayfair will come with rally lights, but horrible white covers on them. If you would like a little extra chrome, a quick Google of "chrome mini cooper rally light covers" will direct you to minimani.com. I have dropped the hint to my better half that they would make a very nice birthday present for somebody who just purchased a new MINI.
First off...I love the color combination of your car...I saw one ready for delivery when I was in ordering my Camden.

As to the driving light covers...my advice would be check your state regulations...you may be allowed 4 forward facing lights and not be required to keep them covered. In which case I would leave the covers off like I do.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:10 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@Thom228: Your Mayfair is beautiful! Such a rich color combo! And it'll certainly be a rare gem on the road!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
No sunroof, though – I was floored by the amount of noise they let in during test drives
Yes, the sunroof does create a racket when its open by itself. When you open the windows, however, the dynamics change and you get the normal amount of open window noise.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 PM
CHOCMINI
1st Gear
Hi there. I am the proud owner of a new Hot Chocolate Mini Mayfair...and I love the colour combination. So does my chocolate labrador retriever!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
CHOCMINI
1st Gear
My Mayfair came with those white plastic covers. I checked out the Mini Mania site, but the chrome covers don't say whether they will fit R56 Models such as mine. Do you know if it's a standard size?

Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 PM
MarqFlyer
Neutral
Another Mayfair owner here -- in the same color combo as Thom228 (minus the chrome scoop).

Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 PM
CHOCMINI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CHOCMINI
My Mayfair came with those white plastic covers. I checked out the Mini Mania site, but the chrome covers don't say whether they will fit R56 Models such as mine. Do you know if it's a standard size?
Just heard from Mini Mania. Not available for the R56.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CHOCMINI
Just heard from Mini Mania. Not available for the R56.
Really? I wouldn't think the rally lights would have changed size from one model to the next. Well somebody needs to make some chrome ones, beause those white covers ruin the look on mine. I would rather he go naked than wear them.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
GracieMayfair
Neutral
Hi all! I love my MINI Mayfair.

I too wish we could get chrome covers for the driving lamps.The white covers do not look good with the pepper white. Alas naked is the only way to go.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
AaronMAbe
1st Gear
How Many Mayfairs/Camdens produced?

Anybody know how many of these will be in US production??

Old 06-14-2010, 02:15 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AaronMAbe
Anybody know how many of these will be in US production??
I don't think we'll know the numbers until they stop making the 2010's in September. I'm guessing dealers got about 15-20 throughout the year... depending on their sales volume.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GracieMayfair
Alas naked is the only way to go.

Does anybody have any experience with chrome paint? If I never plan on using them, what's the worst thing I could do?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:44 AM
H82WRK
3rd Gear
The rally lights on the new Minis are a different size from the older generation, they are much bigger and flatter. Looking at a Mayfair at my local dealership, we will see what happens

Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
R3R
2nd Gear
Anthracite headliner or regular on the Mayfair? Which do you recommend?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
GracieMayfair
Neutral
Anthracite looks fantastic with the Mayfair interior.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Mayfair Owners Club