Wheel and tire suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:27 PM
pdxaaron
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Wheel and tire suggestions?

Hi everyone! This is my first post to this forum. I have had a 2012 mini countryman for a while now, and have been tinkering with it along the way, but no big modifications.

I am starting to be able to afford some bigger mods as of late, and I think one of the first things I want to do is replace the stock wheels.

I am looking for suggestions for wheels. Right now, I am considering Niche Verona wheels in either 18" or 19", and thinking of some toyo all season tires. I would like input on whether to get the 18" or 19" wheels. I want a lower profile tire than the stock tires as well, as I think it would look much better. I like simplistic wheels like the Veronas, and love the matte look.

Down the road I am most likely installing coil overs as well, and was wondering if getting 19" rims would cause problems.

Thanks for all your help! I have attached some photos of my current setup

Old 04-24-2017, 07:06 AM
mikey_t
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
I'm not seeing any photos...

Old 04-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Rich Rodichok
3rd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
A few things to get you started off right hear on the NAM forums Aaron.

1)First posts should always come with pics of your car. Everyone likes to welcome new folks and compliment them on the look of their car. Can't do that if we can't look at your car.

2)Put your car make/model/ year/color/ S or Justa/ manual or automatic/any mods, in your signature. Then no one will ever have to ask when trying to respond to your questions and folks are more likely to help when they don't have to ask you a question back first before trying to help.

You'll find these 2 steps will get you very far.

Welcome!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:47 PM
pdxaaron
1st Gear
Photos

I apologize that they did not upload correctly, my mistake! It is a 2012 Mini countryman S FWD. I posted a gallery here: https://flickr.com/photos/146839891@N02/sets/72157680150344721

Old 04-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
It's already a rough ride, don't think I'd go big wheels and low profile.

My son has the CM down at OSU, honk at him. It's dirty Royal Gray, since he never washes it.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:30 PM
pdxaaron
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
It's already a rough ride, don't think I'd go big wheels and low profile.

My son has the CM down at OSU, honk at him. It's dirty Royal Gray, since he never washes it.
I'm not too concerned on the ride quality, more grip and speed. I sometimes take this car to the track with friends. But I will be sure to honk if I see your son! Do you know what part if Corvallis he is located? I have not seen another gray countryman around

Old 04-24-2017, 06:33 PM
pdxaaron
1st Gear
In addition, this is the 6 speed manual transmission. I have not made any performance mods yet but I am soon to install the JCW exhaust and am looking into a cold air intake. Other mods I have done are tinted windows, and an aftermarket stereo system (10 inch sub, 5 channel amp, new speakers all around). I have also plastidipped the logos to attempt to get rid of the chrome look.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by pdxaaron
I'm not too concerned on the ride quality, more grip and speed. I sometimes take this car to the track with friends. But I will be sure to honk if I see your son! Do you know what part if Corvallis he is located? I have not seen another gray countryman around
Off of NW 36th. Not far enough from campus so he usually doesn't drive to class and where would he park anyway?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 PM
pdxaaron
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Off of NW 36th. Not far enough from campus so he usually doesn't drive to class and where would he park anyway?
Not too far away then! I don't drive to class but I drive around town and go on longer drives up near mary's peak. There's no point to driving to class when you can bike!