Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

The Gathering

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Gathering

On December 15th, the North Central WV portion of Country Roads Minis met for a Christmas Gathering where good food and good friends enjoyed a great evening together.

Everyone brought tasty goodies and Joyce and I appreciate this group so very much. We talked about previous drives and future drives of which will include the Blue Ridge Parkway Drive sometime in June of 2013 I believe. I'm certainly looking forward to that one and all the others that we'll be planning on doing.

Since the inception of this area of WV Country Roads Minis, we have grown, albeit still an intimate group, to a group of friends who love their Minis and enjoy driving the back country roads of WV to really cool spots. I'm sure 2013 is going to be an even better year for our club.

So thanks for a great 2012 drive year and lets all look forward to some new drives for 2013. Stay tuned to this forum page for updates and general information as it comes available.

Again, thanks gang for your support of me personally as I battled kidney cancer this year. Getting into Twiggy and driving her through the twisties of WV helped my cares to go away. It gave me something to look forward to each drive we did. I appreciate each and everyone of you! LOL.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thank you both for hosting our Christmas season gathering, we enjoyed the evening greatly. I'd like to have seen the look on your neighbors faces when they saw the MINI line-up outside your new home. We enjoyed everyone's company and the tasty treats!

We have enjoyed our outings this year and look forward to many more in 2013. One drive that I forgot to mention Saturday was one that we loosely planned and did not take, which included a ride across the Ohio River ferry in Sistersville. We might want to toss that one around for next year.

The mild weather so far this year still has me yearning to go for another drive, but the problem is when we set a date well enough in advance for our "social calendars" the weather might not cooperate. We'll see what mother nature has in store for us after New Years, and maybe try a short notice drive some weekend. As I mentioned Saturday, I'm still getting used to the Blizzack snow tread's oversteer handling. I won't be testing the twisities with as much spirit until the summer tread goes back on.

Keep an eye on the Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club for the 2013 date of the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour. We plan on attending, and already have a note in my 2013 calendar for mid June.

Oh, the driving glasses were located "hiding" with some dolls. So look for the mileage on our new Countryman to go up! I just added pictures to the Garage if you'd like to look. Still think those checkered flag mirror covers would spice things up a bit!

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker
On December 15th, the North Central WV portion of Country Roads Minis met for a Christmas Gathering where good food and good friends enjoyed a great evening together.

Everyone brought tasty goodies and Joyce and I appreciate this group so very much. We talked about previous drives and future drives of which will include the Blue Ridge Parkway Drive sometime in June of 2013 I believe. I'm certainly looking forward to that one and all the others that we'll be planning on doing.

Since the inception of this area of WV Country Roads Minis, we have grown, albeit still an intimate group, to a group of friends who love their Minis and enjoy driving the back country roads of WV to really cool spots. I'm sure 2013 is going to be an even better year for our club.

So thanks for a great 2012 drive year and lets all look forward to some new drives for 2013. Stay tuned to this forum page for updates and general information as it comes available.

Again, thanks gang for your support of me personally as I battled kidney cancer this year. Getting into Twiggy and driving her through the twisties of WV helped my cares to go away. It gave me something to look forward to each drive we did. I appreciate each and everyone of you! LOL.