Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN) Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (C.O.R.N.) club forum.

15% in Omaha/Lincoln?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
rosmakloma
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15% in Omaha/Lincoln?

I've been thinking about getting a 15% pully installed, but in no way would I ever attempt this myself.

Has anyone had this done in/around the Omaha/Lincoln area?

Did you buy it elsewhere and have it put on, or did you buy it from someone locally and have them install as well?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:34 PM
blueprintt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I know when we bought the car at Baron in KC, they had a whole list of aftermaket stuff (including 15% pulleys, I believe) they could do at the time of delivery or afterwards. I'm not sure if Markel will be offeringng the same...I didn't see any mention of it on their new web site, but it's possible they might.

Otherwise, maybe there is a local owner who knows how to do the install.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:45 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Baron in KC installed ours prior to delivery a nd gave me a break on labor. Might be worth the drive.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 AM
rosmakloma
4th Gear
So if it's being offered/installed at the dealer, then it's not voiding the warranty? Is that correct?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
If it's done at the dealer, it will most likely be either a JCW or Dinan version, and covered by warranty. Some dealers will install other parts for you (at dealership hourly rates) but it depends on the dealership.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Mark,
If you were going to MitM and you could wait till August you could have either Randy from Webb Motorsports in Denver or Waylan from Way Motorworks in Indi do the install. In addition, if you are having a pully installed it is more cost effective for you to install a cold air intake at the same time as the airbox needs to be removed to install the pully.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
rosmakloma
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Zyamfier
Mark,
If you were going to MitM and you could wait till August you could have either Randy from Webb Motorsports in Denver or Waylan from Way Motorworks in Indi do the install. In addition, if you are having a pully installed it is more cost effective for you to install a cold air intake at the same time as the airbox needs to be removed to install the pully.
Great info - thanks Mr. CORN sir!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:54 PM
totamdu
3rd Gear
I've got it done. I did it myself. Own the outmotoring puller and a self-made tensioner. Good 3-4 hours of work, get the CAI done at the same time since you have to remove the airbox anyway.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
JMike
3rd Gear
Hi, new member here, just peaking around for now. Still waiting for my MINI to get in (it's awaiting transport right now).

Just curious, what does the 15% pully do for the MINI? Is that strictly for the MINI S model?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
ricky
2nd Gear
Hi JMike, It is only for the S. It increases supercharger rotation. More air packed in.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Originally Posted by ricky
Hi JMike, It is only for the S. It increases supercharger rotation. More air packed in.
Ahh yes. The pulley is doing wonders here at the Dragon where you should all be! Unfortunately, it won't be of much use to Mike because if his is on the boat he will have a turbo. But that said you could use it for a really cool paperweight. That way your paper work is reduced by 15%

Old 05-07-2007, 02:17 PM
rvan220
2nd Gear
I live in Lincoln and I have a 15% pulley and the Alta CAI. I got it installed last year at MINIs in the Mountains. I had Webb motorsports do it. It definitely makes the MINI oh so much more fun.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:20 PM
marzeetc
1st Gear
Use Webbmotorsports in Denver

on my 02 mcs, i had Mr Webb put on the alta 15%, alta CAI, Maganflow exhaust and rear adj control arm when he was working out of his house. made the car soo much better. handling, speed, sound. Expensive - yes but the satisfaction factor was way up there. Also Waylen in Indianapolis is excellent. WayMotorsports.
irishmini

Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
ryansoxfan
2nd Gear
hey i just got my mini a few weeks ago and i also want to put a 15% pulley on it. i was wondering, do you have to use a different belt after you change the pulley? also, what is the best brand of pulley to buy? it seems like most people go with alta. thanks for the info.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
MJCMini
2nd Gear
rosmakloma and blueprint - I will check with our mechanic and see if he is available to work on these. I can also help you out with acquiring the parts. Feel free to give me a ring during business hours at 402-884-7710 - if I don't answer leave a message or PM me. I try to return messages in a timely manner.

Matthew ***
Nebraska Land and Livestock.