Cooper (non S) Modifications specific to the MINI Cooper (R56).

VIPcustoms Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 AM
jparch
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
Definitely will. It would probably be much cheaper to get it across the border already attached to my car.

Oh yeah, do you have a price with it installed with a astro black painted S bumper?
actually, anything i send to the US would be Customs and Duties free, no additional charges at all.

not sure if i understand your question correctly. i do not carry any of the cooper S bumpers. Or were you asking if i can install the bumper?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
MiniMack46
2nd Gear
Love the sound how much different does he side exit exhaust sound? How much is the center exit exhaust cost?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Oh I was kind of under the impression that you were going to. I'll probably have to set up something different then.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM
jparch
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMack46
Love the sound how much different does he side exit exhaust sound? How much is the center exit exhaust cost?
the center exit is louder than the side exit, i actually prefer the side exit sound as it is nicer if you do alot of highway driving where you really don't want much more sound above stock when cruising. Of course both systems that i had on my car had the secondary converter in place, i have yet to test a version without the rear cat. the center exit system would be an additional $45 , which includes the necessary hardware to mount the system with the factory hangers. Of course, if you ourchased the side exit and choose to upgrade to the S bumper at a later time, you simply need only buy the rear section, that is how we designed it.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
justacooperjay
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone actually take up this offer and done an install in the US yet? I am interested, would love to have a little more growl to my justa cooper, and am always looking for a couple extra horse to add : )

I'm just curious to hear someones feedback on their personal install and what they thought of it. Mine would be running the stock cooper bumper.... I've looked and had a hard time finding a decently shaped horizon blue s bumper.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 AM
tmo8462
4th Gear
I emailed him and he said that a few people had purchased from him, but as far as I know there hasn't been anyone say they have. I'm going to go out on a limb in a few days and take a dive and be the 1st one to do so if no one else has yet. But mine will not be like every one else's. I'm still keeping some of what I have now on mine.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Carve906
5th Gear
Keep us posted on the process! Interested to see how it all goes.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
tmo8462
4th Gear
I'll let you know I'm still waiting on his reply back again to see how much it's going to be for mine.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:27 PM
corin.mcblide
4th Gear
ooo this sounds sooo great. i've been watching this for a while now. whats the status on it? anyone got it in the US? and sound clips of the side exit?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:37 AM
tmo8462
4th Gear
Corin I wouldn't count on this guy with the exhaust from Canada. Seems to be way to fake. The website looks like something you just threw together within a matter of minutes.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Kirkz24
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmo8462
Corin I wouldn't count on this guy with the exhaust from Canada. Seems to be way to fake. The website looks like something you just threw together within a matter of minutes.

Ok, i have to admit the website is a bit CHEESY, but have any of you look him up? Phone him up? Google him?

When you google street view the address this is what comes up

Now, I dont know HOW much trouble he would go through in throwing up some banners on a building for the Google truck to pass so that it would "look" like he was in the muffler business.

Also, when you google the name and address, the second link is a EBAY link. When you click on it, you can clearly see that he is a EBAY member since the 7th of June, 2007 with a positive feedback of 99.9% and a feedback score of 2998

Item as described1469
Communication1463
Shipping time1456
Shipping and handling charges1450

URL: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mufexpress/

There is even a 1-800 number to call him.... 1-866-811-1121

The guy takes Visa, Mastercard, and other cards. Just purchase it with a credit card and if you have any problems, let the credit card company deal with him directly.

Personally, if you want something bad enough, there is always a way! Do a bit of digging, research, snooping.

If it was I looking for an exhaust (Id love one but not too sure on how my Mini Dealer would handle it, so I wouldnt take a chance) that is the kind of investigation I would do!

I would also go on the Southern Ontario Mini Club`s forum and perhaps ask a member who is close by to stop in and take a look, or even if they know of him?!

http://www.somc.on.ca/index.php?opti...oard&Itemid=36

Best of luck with your purchases, let us know how it all turns out!

Kirk.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
tmo8462
4th Gear
Thanks Kirk. Makes me feel a little bit better about it honestly. Actually knowing there is a place. After the whole Riss Racing crap Im just a little iffy about buying stuff now.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Still seems like too much of an eBay-like company for me to fully trust it.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
tmo8462
4th Gear
Im still a little bit that way drew but he's quoted me 230 for how i want mine done. so

Old 12-18-2010, 07:15 AM
jparch
1st Gear
Just talking to another member who was interested in a system and he quoted the posting he saw on this website so i decided to check back and see what was happening with it so far, could not believe when i read the above post from this member. Was just curious how the above member came up with his research??? Fake and thrown together in a matter of minutes??? We are far from some fly-by-night organization, we have served the wholesale exhaust business for more than 11years, an example can be found at www.undercardigest.com which serves the wholesale community. Also, we promote a small number of our products on Ebay, were if you read the customer feedback many have first hand experience dealing with us. Honestly, i do not have time to be on forums for hours a day as retail is a minute percentage of our business, just thought i would offer members here a deal on the products we have for the Mini as thanks to members that I had purchased items form in the past and the fact that this site has a great wealth of knowledge for all Mini models. We also did a project car exhaust for a local Mini dealership ( Mini Vaughan West) that some members may or may not have had the chance to see at their various shows. At any rate, my door is always open to any member ( including the one who made the above post ) here who would like a first hand look at what my operation consists of, Happy Holidays to all !

Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 AM
tmo8462
4th Gear
To reply back to you Jparch. If you would have read down after I made that statement, you would have seen I actually said something good about you. Your site does look like it was thrown together in a matter of minutes, sorry but it didn't seem like you were a "real company". Some of us are a little bit precautious on buying things now a days with how many scams are on the internet. But I do hope that you best of luck with your business. Hopefully we can do some business when I get back in the States.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 AM
jparch
1st Gear
To reply back to you Jparch. If you would have read down after I made that statement, you would have seen I actually said something good about you. Your site does look like it was thrown together in a matter of minutes, sorry but it didn't seem like you were a "real company". Some of us are a little bit precautious on buying things now a days with how many scams are on the internet. But I do hope that you best of luck with your business. Hopefully we can do some business when I get back in the States.
i used to be on another forum, namely MBWorld, and that site was full of people trying to sell crap. In the end they were selling engine mods and computer reflashes to high end Mercedes products which ended up in disaster, in the end the people just disappeared. They, however, had no addresses, no website, nothing found on them on search engines outside of forums. I can understand your hesistation when it comes to people making posts, however, as i said from the start, feel free for any member to come buy and see for yourself. Everyone knows there is a physical location to purchase any product from us, not just a virtual store. thanks again