ClubMINI.ph The ClubMINI.ph forum. A club for MINI owners in the Philippines.

Front Shocks Top Mount remedies

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:35 AM
GTV
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Shocks Top Mount remedies

M7 SRP Engine Damper You may search the web on these keywords to know more. On another note, the M7 USS looks realy nice too. Google it. Edgab, MINI Habitat Singapore has quoted me. Share na lang tayo sa shipping. We plan to FedEx the parts to Manila. When you ordered you stuff from HKG before, were you taxed? Macky, Sali ka for your clips?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:21 AM
edgab
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GTV
M7 SRP Engine Damper You may search the web on these keywords to know more. On another note, the M7 USS looks realy nice too. Google it. Edgab, MINI Habitat Singapore has quoted me. Share na lang tayo sa shipping. We plan to FedEx the parts to Manila. When you ordered you stuff from HKG before, were you taxed? Macky, Sali ka for your clips?
eric, are you going to order top mounts also? kala ko ok pa syo? unfortunately i was taxed.. ang mahal ng tax ko sa alternator... ma tax kaya tayo? know any shipper na d tyo matatax pagdating dito?

btw, hw much daw? thanks eric.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:19 AM
GTV
2nd Gear
Ed, mine is ok pa. It is about S$65 a piece, medyo mabigat sa weight. How many do you need? We can include you in the order if ever we proceed. From our experience in the company, most of our FedEx shipments are not taxed. I am thinking of ordering the M7 SRP and M7 USS from the USA and another Mini-Madness rear top mount bushing (not available from PowerFlex). The Engine Damper I could not find the manufacturer pa.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 AM
edgab
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GTV
Ed, mine is ok pa. It is about S$65 a piece, medyo mabigat sa weight. How many do you need? We can include you in the order if ever we proceed. From our experience in the company, most of our FedEx shipments are not taxed. I am thinking of ordering the M7 SRP and M7 USS from the USA and another Mini-Madness rear top mount bushing (not available from PowerFlex). The Engine Damper I could not find the manufacturer pa.
ah ok.. may inexplain kse yung ups kung bakit na tax.. duno di ko matandaan. hehe. sana alang tax.. hehe.. if you're going to order, order ako 2 pcs.. left and right top mounts to be sure.. just tell me nalng if when ur going to order. thanks.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:59 AM
johnD
Coordinator :: ClubMINI.ph
Some items are taxed because of the declared value. Kung malaki ang halaga ng order mo then for sure they will tax that. Kung hindi naman then they sometimes just let it go. Baka puwede natin sabihin sa Mini Sing na huwag ideclare yung tamang halaga ng mga parts. Baka makalusot, if not at least mas mababa ang halagang itax nila. Sorry, had to do that in tagalog, baka may magsabing bawal yan e.

The M7 SRP looks like a good product, I was acually planning on ordering one. But FYI, it will not solve the topmount problem, it addresses the mushrooming problem of the upper strut mounts. Masisira parin yung topmount mo, kasi that is a seperate part and since hindi na madedeform yung upper strut mount, then the topmount will be the one absorbing all of the shock from road irregularities.

I have a source for the engine damper, the problem is he will only accpet paypal, which is not available for Philippine users. Unless you have a credit card billed in the US.

Eric, puwede ba ako magpasabay ng engine mounts, like the one you ordered? How many pieces ba lahat ng engine mounts? And how much? Thanks!

John

Old 09-06-2006, 05:53 AM
GTV
2nd Gear
Engine rubber mounting

John,

If you mean the PFlex engine support rubber mounting, there is the Upper and Lower set, the trans support, the steering rack support.

But there is a nasty part not done by PFlex that really needs checking - in between the 2 Upper mounts. It looks like a lollipop, screw/bolt handle pointing upwards with large rubber base (oiled). I ordered one from Basics for 3,800 (1,000 more than MINI SG), to arrive in 7 days, kasi detached na ang bolt in mine.

Another one I discovered is that the trans mount under the air filter is also prone to become ripped. This one you cannot easily see coz its really hidden underneath. Mine was loose and ripped, but the PFlex inserts work wonders in restoring it into really solid bushiings.

I suggest you get your mounts check everyone. Better yet, order the PFlex already so when you check and they are already dead, you can readily replace it. The labor part is rather involved, para isahan na lang bayad.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
johnD
Coordinator :: ClubMINI.ph
I guess I'll just have to have mine checked first. Where did you have yours checked? And how much does the complete PFlex kit cost? But I actually don't think I can stand the car to have more vibrations, coz matagtag and dumadami na kalampag ng car ko as it is now. The only thing I am worried about are the engine mounts. I'll just live with OEM bushings.

John

Old 09-06-2006, 08:48 AM
GTV
2nd Gear
John,
My car is almost completely converted to PFlex except the Rear Trailing Arms where they mistakenly sent me the smaller bushings for the 04 models. You are welcome to drive it to feel the vibrations and improvements. ERL did all the installs.

For the engine supports: (prices in UK pounds, add 17.5% UK VAT) Total = 83.7 * 17.5% = 98.35 * 101 = P9,933 pesos + shipping 25 pounds = P12,458 pesos.

Upper engine support bracket large 14.95 yellow inserts
Upper engine support bracket small 12.95 violet

Lower engine support bracket large 14.95 yellow inserts
Lower engine support bracket small 12.95 violet

Gear mounting bushing 14.95 yellow inserts
Sterring rack mounting bushing 12.95 violet

Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
welcome back van! tagal mo nawala ha. pahiram ng MTH OBD cable mo when i get my remap ha

it's no surprise that we eventually have to all the rubber bushings replaced on our Minis, many thanks to the sh*tty roads we have here

i'm gonna have to go with the trend here and get me some new bushings. it does sound like a worthy investment, at least i don't have to worry about them again in the future.

if you guys are pushing through with your order from Mini SG, pasama na rin sa clips & rear flare (rear driver's side joining into side skirts) i don't know exactly how many i need, i just need all of them para sure na wala mawala sa next run i'll even tape them on our next run as a precautionary measure

here's a pic for your viewing pleasure

Old 09-09-2006, 06:53 AM
GTV
2nd Gear
Mack,

We ordered na lang the mounts from Basics. I also inquired about the clips whether they can get a full set for the car (3 clips per fender), but have not received confirmation from Mario. So we did not proceed with the SG order. To get the part numbers, go to realoem.com, type in your VIN, then go to Parts....

What about your K&N fileter, found them already? I need to change my filter badly as it looks muddy already. I could get one from Basics also but prefer to buy from you if it is still around somewhere.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 AM
manilaman2001
1st Gear
Man, have been out for a while! Whooooooowhaaaaat happened to your car macky?

Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 PM
GTV
2nd Gear
Guide Support from Basics

Ed, wala pa rin when I checked today.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:27 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
derick: what happened? well, let's just say when your friends say that it brings bad luck to a car when you do hanky panky in it...tsk tsk! hahaha! kidding

just checked my top mounts, ok pa naman

Old 10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
GTV
2nd Gear
Macky,
I have 2 sets of fender clips - front # 11 & 12, rear # 14 & 15, should you be interested. No # 10s, maybe Basics can order.
I only need 1 set front, and ordered the others as reserve.
Pwede swap with your air filter, he, he.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:06 AM
MINIgold
Neutral
i just came back from london, only if i was resding the threads... sorry guys.

who can lend me remap cable for my MC? Enchong ba?