Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Track fun at Road Atlanta SVRA

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Manuel B
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track fun at Road Atlanta SVRA

Last weekend I was at Road Atlanta for the SVRA season finals, Saturday I decided to do the touring laps for fun, they gave us 30 minutes, Burt Levy was sorting out the Lotus Esprit X180R that he was racing later and I ended up behind him, he kept slowing down and dropping back so he could get a run at speed to feel out the car, coming out of turn 7 down the backstretch I was getting up to 90mph before I would catch up to the pack, he would vanish in a wonderful roar and I would be left to figure out the lines of an unknown track but he kept doing it and it was great fun, he would also do it out of turn 5 but that's an uphill section and too short for me to get any speed, it was a fun 3 days of great vintage racing.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:32 AM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
That is a fun track.......I'm ready to go back.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:36 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Manuel B
Last weekend I was at Road Atlanta for the SVRA season finals, Saturday I decided to do the touring laps for fun, they gave us 30 minutes, Burt Levy was sorting out the Lotus Esprit X180R that he was racing later and I ended up behind him, he kept slowing down and dropping back so he could get a run at speed to feel out the car, coming out of turn 7 down the backstretch I was getting up to 90mph before I would catch up to the pack, he would vanish in a wonderful roar and I would be left to figure out the lines of an unknown track but he kept doing it and it was great fun, he would also do it out of turn 5 but that's an uphill section and too short for me to get any speed, it was a fun 3 days of great vintage racing.
I would love to know when the next time is available for me to be able to get on it.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:55 PM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
Last time I went it was a Panoz school/track day. I just haven't had an opportunity since.

If you are in the vicinity, Phil Wicks will be at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw SC on Nov 13th. That's a really fun track too.