Canada takes MINI takes the States

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:22 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada takes MINI takes the States

Are there any Canadians interested in MINI takes the States in August? I'm in Wpg, trying to get a few of the MB Group interested...any others from Canada interested?

I went to MINI United 09 and it was a blast, this one is supposed to be similar? We'll see when more details pop up.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 AM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts
Hey Dennis,
I am interested in going but Im on the other side of the country :(
The Quebec Mini club sucks, I may have to drive to Winnipeg for a good ol Canadian meet

Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 PM
HeavyMetal
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AirborneMini003
Hey Dennis,
I am interested in going but Im on the other side of the country :(
The Quebec Mini club sucks, I may have to drive to Winnipeg for a good ol Canadian meet

Hey Jamie, I like you!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 AM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts
Hey Dennis!
No worries, I like you too! Fortunately, you are one of the 4 cars that shows up at the Julep or the other meets so I have someone to talk to.

I have not had such a pleasant experience with some of the other guys. I am really friendly until someone becomes pretentious and rude. I mean come on, we are all there to geek out with our toys and make friends with the same interests. I speak french so I understand what most people are saying...especially when I am turned around. I usually leave feeling annoyed after finding 3 other Minis, 2 douche bags and a parking lot of rice burners.

I laughed so hard to myself when I took this picture that summed up Thursday at the Julep. The big wing on the Sunfire, the happy couple in their matching short shorts and worst of all, the 5 series BMW in the background with a pair of Canadian tire stick on grills for the side. It upset my stomach more then the OJ and poutine.

Attached Thumbnails Canada takes MINI takes the States-img01312.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
HeavyMetal
2nd Gear
Jamie, it's Mathieu (owner of modified 2005 MINI Cooper S dark silver convertible). I was very impressive by progress you did in french speaking. Ob my side, I still improve my english (even people told me it's good enough).

Like you, I found out there are nice people in Club MINI Québec. But a few of them are rude and take themself too seriously (and act like "parents" toward their own "kids"). What we could we do. I decided to take a step away from the Club MINI Québec and focus on something else (I am looking to a new job and other new perceptives in my whole life).

There is the fact, Orange Julep is THE place for rice burners. Personnaly, I know I amn't fit in this area (I am a true metalhead/headbangger). Like you, I don't like rice burners, but they make me laught in their goals to be "fast 4 furious"!

I would like also take the States (with other MINI owners, why not), but I would like to go to California. Are you with me?

Mathieu

Old 08-03-2010, 03:04 PM
HeavyMetal
2nd Gear
Hey Jamie, I just found out what's the MINI Takes The State! Man, I want to do it!!!

http://www.miniusa.com/#/play/go_a_motoring/states-m

Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 PM
HollyStarfighter
1st Gear
Hey the best cure for ricers at the julep is to go there and blast some Opeth towards them. You can join me and we can get em from both sides next time.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
HeavyMetal
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HollyStarfighter
Hey the best cure for ricers at the julep is to go there and blast some Opeth towards them. You can join me and we can get em from both sides next time.
I already did before! I put some Cradle of Filth (Dusk Her Embrace album), Hecate Enthroned (The Slaughter of Innocence album), Darkthrone (FOAD album), Disfear (all albums), Gallhammer (all albums). They were like "WTF!? It sn't a place for Metalheads, Julep is for Fast 4 Furious and for boum-boum! Yo" where they were looked at me.

Holy, I join you to the metalhead crusade in Julep!

Old 08-20-2010, 04:58 PM
HollyStarfighter
1st Gear
I like all sorts of music but the crap they listen too is an insult to all electronic music. On that note, lets do it! Load up the ipod! I'm gone next week to Maine for a conference, so maybe I'll show up at the one after. On the bright side I get to drive my car 6.5 hours to Maine. Should be fun! I love road trippin.

Mike