how many mini owners from here

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 07:03 AM
HiRcc
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there many in australia?? any otehr cars there fixed up to??

Old 11-01-2002, 01:24 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm from Australia, but living in the US with my American wife.

Old 11-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Zappa
5th Gear
I'm calling Melbourne tonight. Maybe I'll learn something...

Old 11-21-2002, 03:18 PM
goul
1st Gear
I just joined, im from Sydney......howdy :smile:

Old 11-21-2002, 03:31 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Welcome to MCO!

Old 11-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Agro
Hey there Goul.
What part of Sydney are you from/in? I grew up in Campbelltown.
Welcome to MCO.

Old 11-21-2002, 05:32 PM
goul
1st Gear
Cheers guys...... hey Agro i live in Mascot......near the airport......good to be on board and online.
I just sold my Honda s2000 for my MCS........these forums are excellent for information and a great meeting place. Look forward to chatting to all :smile: :smile:

Old 12-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Jase
1st Gear
Hey Guys. I'm in Brisbane, new MCS 11th November. I'm addicted.

Old 12-03-2002, 07:13 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
>>Welcome to MCO!

tsk tsk tsk. L.Mini, it's G'day when you're speaking to Aussies. What else....oh yeah! "Maybe the dingo ate your baby".

Old 12-04-2002, 05:46 PM
goul
1st Gear
Hey Jase...welcome, good to c another aussie on board.
MCS ....WOOOO HOOOO
Do tell, what colour, options etc :smile:

Old 12-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Jase
1st Gear
Chilli Red MCS, White Mirrors & Roof. In my opinion there's really only two colours for the MCS, chilli red and white or BRG and white, the original and the best. I didn't really go for any options as my car was a demo albeit one with only 800km on the clock, most of which I put on there with my three test drives. Brisbane Mini Garage did me an exceptional deal on the demo so I went without the sunroof i wanted on a new MINI and just got tint and matts on the demo. Went for the 16" rather than the white 17" wheels that were on the car. A good firend owns a tyre dealership and warned me of the problems with 17" run flats. It's illegal in Australia to repair a 17" runflat and at $350 per tyre to replace it's all a bit rich for me just for an extra inch. But none the less it's amazing what some guys will go through for an extra inch. I've heard some members here saying that the MCS is more suited to 16" rather than the 17" anyway. Me? I'm not that pre occupied with size, I mean I drive a MINI!

Cheers, Jase

Old 12-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Agro
Well, they say that a huge car is a ***** surrogate, so what does it say when you drive the shortest car on the road?

Old 12-05-2002, 02:36 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
>>Well, they say that a huge car is a ***** surrogate, so what does it say when you drive the shortest car on the road?

Feeling insecure, are you?

Old 12-05-2002, 03:04 PM
Jase
1st Gear
I'm a married man and from your posts Agro so are you. However I'll bet you could pull more chicks with the Mini than you could with Vette , Viper or Camaro that is unless your the pimp of the chicks you're pulling "Where's my money *****!" I have a mate here in Brisbane who is obsessed with V8's. He currently drives a new SS Commodore 5.7L V8, the same motor that's in the new Vette. Yes it's fast, yes it's powerful, but handle like the Mini it does not! Sure you'll get admiring glances from pimple faced 18 year olds who think a good night out is the carpark to the 7-11 or girls who think pink flanellette is flattering. The MINI in the other hand attracts a different kind of lady. Funky & Stylish a girl who cares about presentation, and hopefully knows the reason behind not winding the windows down staright after you've washed the car! and that when alighting from a MINI one closes ones door with the handle not ones hand on the glass. ARGH!!

Old 12-05-2002, 05:41 PM
goul
1st Gear
oh no my MCS has 17 inch wheels

Old 12-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Jase
1st Gear
OH NO, look out for punctures and get real friendly with your Tyre Dealer! :smile:

Old 12-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Agro
>>Well, they say that a huge car is a ***** surrogate, so what does it say when >>you drive the shortest car on the road?

>Feeling insecure, are you?

Not at all. That's my point. I don't NEED to drive around in a huge wheeled *****. I am secure.

Jase, I agree with you. A Corvette is suprisingly affordable here in the States, and if you only want to go in a straight line, a pretty cool car. I would MUCH rather be able to take right-angle corners without really having to slow down too much. But I get all sorts of comments and questions about Alice. Occasionally from fellow foriegners who know about classic Minis, but mostly from people wanting to know what the hell it is, how fun is it and what they cost.

Old 12-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Jase
1st Gear
Hey Agro, I like that "trolling for women" I've never thought of it like that, but then again I've never owned a car like the Mini. One does not generally TROLL in a Mazda 626 or Honda Accord (my 2 previous reasons to fall asleep at the wheel) I was at a parking lot boomgate the other day and this very nice young girl walks past and says "Cute Car!" being a married guy I am quite out of practice with the comebacks so I just said "Oh - thanks" I guess I'll just let the MINI do the talking, and I'll imagine that I said "hey, thanks, though it would be much cuter if you were driving it" then badda bing badda boom you let her drive back to her place and well I'll let your imagination do the rest

The best one I've heard was a member on this site was outside some country club where a graduation prom or something had just finished and some young babe in a spray on dress said "hey, nice car" and he said "hey, nice dress" he feels good because she's commented on his car and she feels good because he's commented on her dress. A Vette driver would have said something dumb like "Hey nice rack babe" Actually the Vette driver would have probably been the star Quater Back Super Jock. GOOSE. Though I would have probably mumbled "oh thanks" whilst my wife kept a very close eye on me.

Agro you should get some pics of you Mini on the strip, that would look pretty slick with all the lights reflecting on the duco. Have you got tint? the dark tint would contrast nicely with the yellow. COOL, not as cool as chilli red and white but still COOL.

Have a great christmas all OZ & Ex-Pat Mini Owners. I Should have some stories for the OZ section in January when I'm back.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:49 AM
AussieMini
Neutral
BRISBANE NEW MINI OWNERS, On the 8th of February a few of us new Mini owners are going for a run around Mt Glorious and surrounds.

We do this kind of thing quite often and we're always looking for more to come along. We are not a formal club, just a group of Mini owners who love weekend spins in their cars.

If you're interested give me a call on 0416 175 062.

Danny

Old 01-22-2003, 09:35 PM
miniwannabe
Neutral
Not quite a mini owner yet, just about to sell my landrover this weekend (hopefully), I'll then be placing my order for an MCS as soon as possible.
Anyway I'm from Townsville if anyone really cares....

Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Agro
Welcome Miniwannabe.

I must say that I found Townsville to be too damn hot. Of course, now I live in Las Vegas which is even hotter I think.

Can't dislike Townsville too much since that's where my namesake originated.

Old 02-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Agro
On the photo thread, let's see if this works:

Alice (Cooper) is almost as much fun as I had hoped. It keeps getting better and better. Maybe my fuel economy would be better if I wasn't having so much fun? Liquid yellow with a black roof and bonnet stripes. The plates say MINIAC.

Old 02-19-2003, 12:48 AM
tm75tm
Neutral
Woo Hoo - Take delivery tomorrow of a MCS , PS with 16" wheels. Hope that they get the tint right too! Managed the number plates I was after - '16 MCS'

I am on the Gold Coast , FWIW
-tm75tm

Old 02-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Agro
Ok...got the pic in now.

Old 04-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Zappa
5th Gear
If there is a Melbourne group please let us know. A friend of mine there want's to sell her MX5 for a MINI and would help you put on a event.

Quick Reply: how many mini owners from here