how many mini owners from here

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>wander how long it would take to get there?
>>
LA to Sydney is a 14 1/2 hour flight. If you can leave before the end of August, you can do it for $900 a person.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:15 PM
enzothemaddog
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get the feeling there might be more Oz owners coming this way since mini2 shut us down! :???:

Old 06-09-2004, 04:05 AM
project_wonderboy
1st Gear
Hey guys,

Yeah, i'm a proud owner of a 2003 MCS, Jet black (matching roof) with 17" S-Lites from Sydney. Awesome ride and have clocked 8,500km since picking her up in September 28 2003 (yeah, i remember the day ).

Kudos guys & gals:smile:

Old 06-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Agro
Welcome Wonderboy.
I just had a bunch of friends from Campbelltown show up here in Vegas. They were drooling over the prices of pretty much everything they saw. When I was home in November, I visited the Parramatta dealership and almost fell over at the price of a new Cooper. The car was about 35% more than I paid for my MCS in the States. Once again, Aussies are getting screwed by the car companies.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:31 AM
project_wonderboy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
Welcome Wonderboy.
I just had a bunch of friends from Campbelltown show up here in Vegas. They were drooling over the prices of pretty much everything they saw. When I was home in November, I visited the Parramatta dealership and almost fell over at the price of a new Cooper. The car was about 35% more than I paid for my MCS in the States. Once again, Aussies are getting screwed by the car companies.
Thanks Agro,

Yeah, i was surprised @ how much more we pay here when i was in L.A in 2002/03. I'm from Campbelltown but instead of going to the Parramatta dealership i ended up finding a better package in Rushcutter's Bay. :smile: $42K for MCS with bonus climate control and S-Lites.

Plus the people they currently have @ MINI/BMW in Rushcutters Bay are top people.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Agro
My mum still lives in Bradbury and she says she's seen almost no new MINIs on the road. With the price of them, it doesn't surprise me. I know 1 person in C'town (a guy I used to play snooker with at the old RSL) who's driving an indi blue MC, and that's the only one I saw in 2 weeks in Aus, other than at the Wollongong and Parramatta dealerships.

I think, with the exchange rate, the 1 I saw at the Parra dealership was about 20% more for a Cooper than I paid here for my MCS. And the dealership in Vegas screws its customers too.

Old 06-23-2004, 03:51 AM
OZChris
3rd Gear
G'Day from Melb, Aust - This is my first posting on NAM.

Chris :smile: :smile: :smile:

Old 07-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Agro
Welcome Chris.

It's a shame (for you) that you're stuck in Melbourne, but it could be worse. You could be in Brisbane.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:55 AM
miniman_a
1st Gear
Hi Guys, I'm a Brit living in Sydney. Thought I'd drop by and see whats happening.

I have a Dark Silver/Black JCW 'S' R90s Body Kit and stacks more goodies

Old 09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Agro
Welcome. That's a real nice looking MINI you have there!

Old 09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
miniman_a
1st Gear
Welcome. That's a real nice looking MINI you have there!
Thanks Agro :smile: . There is a very strong MINI community here in Australia, I'll suggest to a few owners that they drop by and make themselves known. Look forwards to chatting in the future.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Agro
The Aus forum on here really doesn't see much action. A post a month (plus responses) is heavy usage on NAM. The focus of this site really IS the US market, but I'd love to hear more about what's going on at home. One thing I miss about living in Sydney is the availability of classic Minis (and Mini parts).

Old 09-28-2004, 02:56 PM
miniman_a
1st Gear
The Aus forum on here really doesn't see much action. A post a month (plus responses) is heavy usage on NAM. The focus of this site really IS the US market, but I'd love to hear more about what's going on at home. One thing I miss about living in Sydney is the availability of classic Minis (and Mini parts).
Hi Agro, We'll have to see if we increase the amount of Aussie traffic. We have a run on this weekend, MINIs meeting up from NSW Central Coast, Sydney, Canbbera and Melbourne. We are all going to Eden on The NSW South Coast for 3 days of Fun in the Sun. I'll post pics and a run down of events.
Re Classic MINIs: on our weekly get together this Sunday we met up with some Classic mini owners who have asked if they can come on some runs with us, so I'll keep you in the loop on events happening there also. :smile:

Old 09-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Agro
That sounds like fun. From memory, there are some nice twisty roads down around Eden. There used to be a fish and chip shop right on the beach road that cooked their fish just in flour, it was the BEST fish!

Post some pictures if you can.

What part of Sydney are you in?

Old 09-30-2004, 06:19 PM
miniman_a
1st Gear
That sounds like fun. From memory, there are some nice twisty roads down around Eden. There used to be a fish and chip shop right on the beach road that cooked their fish just in flour, it was the BEST fish!

Post some pictures if you can.

What part of Sydney are you in?
I'll see if we can find that fish and chip shop for you Agro :smile:
I'll definatly post photos, we have a couple of excellent photographers in our group.
I live at Bondi Beach (don't all ex-pat Brits )

Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Agro
No, Bondi is full of Kiwis. Though friends of my grandparents from Yorkshire (migrated on the same boat in 1954) lived just off the beach in Bondi for decades. Poms are generally scattered around Sydney. Part of such a larger percentage of the population (up to the 60s at least) being of British descent I think.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some nice South Coast scenery with Minis and MINIs in front of it.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
miniman_a
1st Gear
Well Agro as promised some pics from our run down to Eden.

The NSW Cental Coast and Sydney MINIs met up at a Sevice Station near Liverpool and proceded in conyoy to Batemans Bay via Kangeroo Valley.
Batemans Bay was our lunch stop where we met up with 2 MINis fom Canberra and 1 MINI maniac that drove all the way form Melbourne.
From there we drove on to Eden arriving late afternoon.
Saturday night was Party nite (which coincided with my Birthday).
Our little group of MINI owners we call the Pirates, so we themed the Party nite (you guessed it come as a Pirate :smile: ).
Sunday morning was free time for people to go out on there own and explore the Town/Village.
Sunday Afternoon we went for a drive in convoy to Bombala and discovered some fantastic MINI roads, we were all able to drive our MINIs the way they were designed to be driven
Early start Monday for the trip home, we awoke to discover some IDIOTS had come around in the night and let our tyres down and stolen our valve caps . Fortunatly that was the only damage they did, so after the initial outrage we all realised thing could have been much worse.
We made our way back to Sydney via Canberra and parted company with the Melbourne and Canberra crews arriving back in Sydney late Monday evening.
So all in all it was a FANTASIC trip with the only incidents one speeding ticket and lost valve caps.

pics:

1, My MINI at Eden Wharf
2 Eden Wharf
3 Eden Wharf at night

Old 10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
miniman_a
1st Gear
Agro for more on our Eden Adventure follow this link,

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthrea...0&page=1&pp=15

Old 10-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Agro
Sounds like you guys had fun! Reminds me of the old Netnics I used to attend where Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne internet users would get together for picnics (back before the web). Pity that some *******, jealous of your cars, attacked them.

Cool pics! Thanks for posting them.

Old 10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
project_wonderboy
1st Gear
Being 23 and knowing how most people my age feel about cars they were probably "V8 Holden" or "Ford Falcon" fanatics that tried to ruin your fun trip.

I really hate it when this happens, all i say is that at least my car will stand the test of time much better than the ever so updating Holden lineup (New Holden Monaro VZ released this month is being updated next year with a new Gen IV engine and styling...).

I wish karma on those that did this to your car. But sounds like you had fun

Old 10-06-2004, 05:05 PM
miniman_a
1st Gear
Hi Project Wonderboy. I think you hit the nail on the head there, now you mention it we were getting dirty looks from the local V8 hoons, because we attracted so much attention and were having so much fun. If it's any consolation my collegue at work has a Monaro GTO and my MINI kicked his butt big time out on the Old Pacific Hyw.

If you live in Sydney mate why not catch up for a drive with us, we meet at 9.00am every Sunday morning at Pie in The Sky on Old Pacific Hyw.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:42 PM
nike61
1st Gear
Hi Guys, just joined NAM. I'm in Perth Western Australia, got MCSa HB/W collected in June 05, long story as ordered manual but auto arrived. Anyway got $8500 worth of extras for nothing due to dealer error including subroof and web spokes.

Nice site similar to Mini2.com. Photo of my MCSa included.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Agro
Welcome. Nice car.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Tit
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nike61
Hi Guys, just joined NAM. I'm in Perth Western Australia, got MCSa HB/W collected in June 05, long story as ordered manual but auto arrived. Anyway got $8500 worth of extras for nothing due to dealer error including subroof and web spokes.

Nice site similar to Mini2.com. Photo of my MCSa included.
Wow..that is by far the best compensation I have heard of at any mini dealership!!!

Welcome...

Old 07-31-2005, 05:13 PM
nike61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tit
Wow..that is by far the best compensation I have heard of at any mini dealership!!!

Welcome...
Hey Tit
You on Mini2.com also as same name??? Sydney right
Anyway Clubmini West Aussie branch meeting this Wednesday, so will be joining.

Quick Reply: how many mini owners from here