hello Boys/Girls i'm from sydney and currently owns a red/wht MC

Old 05-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Zappa
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>hello Boys/Girls i'm from sydney and currently owns a red/wht MC

Great!!!

Now are you a boy or girl??

Pleased to meet you! I look forward to returning down there and driving on the left!

Old 05-13-2003, 02:18 AM
ecylai
Neutral
i'm a Dude
man this site is awesome ... i wish i can get some of these stuff in sydney .... they r hard to find
anyone know if there r places that sells mini cooper sticker?

Old 05-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I'm planning on going home (Sydney) for a visit in November. If you want something not too bulky, you could have it shipped to me here in Vegas and I could bring it with me. The cost would be a drive of a right hand drive MINI.

Old 05-13-2003, 11:47 PM
ecylai
Neutral
Thanks Mate!
if i do i'll tell ya agro .... i swear this site is awesome ... its like a community of its own man .....

Old 05-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Patch
Neutral
Hey there, Agro, I am from Campbelltown too!! Are you still around?

Old 05-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Patch
Neutral
Does anyone have any helpful hints for 1965 Bullnose Morris Mini Delux owner?

Old 05-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Agro
Hey Patch,
yeah, I'm still around. I learned to drive in a 73 Mini clubman around the streets of Bradbury. Owned 4 more classic Minis over the years. What part of C'town are you from/in?

Old 05-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Patch
Neutral
Hey Agro,
Well its more Camden, Out Mt Annan way!! So, tell me, why the name Agro?
I own a morris mini deluxe, bullnose 1965. I love it, but it needs alot of work done to it

Old 05-20-2003, 10:07 PM
ecylai
Neutral
Man Campbelltown thats pretty Far away. Sorry about the city folks talk i'm from Kogarah near the St George Dragon's stadium

hey i'm just wondering how much is it to do racing strips on my Mini Cooper in Sydney apart from the Dealers .... coz i got a Demo Model and it didnt come wid da race stripes

Hey People from Sydney theres going to be a mini gathering @ Five Dock on the 30th of May @ 8pm at the Veteran Car Club of Australia Hall (134 Queens Road) anyone interested in Going?

Eric

Old 05-21-2003, 12:53 AM
ecylai
Neutral
Does anyone know how much it costs to get Sport suspension Plus for the mini? Parts + Installation?

Eric

Old 05-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Agro
Camden or Mt Annan? Perhaps Narrellan?
I used to be the Santa in Camden while I was a student at UWS Campbelltown.

I used to get all my Mini parts from a place in C'town. Don't remember the name but it was on Queen St, across the rd from Mawson Park on the Leumeah end of town. Right on the corner. I don't know if it's still there, but the guy who used to own it was very nice and knowledgeable. Drove a beautiful old MG.

Kogarah? Boo! Down with the Saints! Go the Magpies! :evil:
Nah...coz of the way I used to play snooker?
Maybe coz I look like a modified bathmat?
Possibly from when I was a youngster playing videogames in C'town and putting my initials (AGR) into the high-score lists?

Take your pick.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Patch
Neutral
WELL THEN, AGR?? WHAT DID YOU STUDY AT UWS? AND HOW LONG AGO WAS THIS PLACE ON QUEEN STREET? YOU WOULDNT HAVE ANY HELPFUL HINTS FOR A LOST PERSON. 65 MORRIS MINI DELUX. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK AND I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START!! PUZZLED IS WHAT I AM

Old 05-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Agro
I got a Bachelor of Business majoring in Software and Information Systems. Graduated in 1994.
Let's see...I've been in the States since the end of 96, so it's at least 7 years since I was in that shop, probably longer since I was driving an LPG-powered Valiant for the last year and a half I was in Aus.
For Mini parts, try the following:
Mini Kingdom Pty Ltd
80 Gibson Ave Padstow NSW 2211
ph: (02) 9774 3388

Mini & Moke World
220 Harbord Rd Brookvale NSW 2100
ph: (02) 9938 2242

I always had a good experience at Mini Kingdom. Bought new wheel arch flares for my old fake Cooper there. :smile: Mini Kingdom is also the location of the "Mini Car Clinic", a separate business that will work on your Mini for you, anything from replacing a bulb to a total rebuild. I never had them do any work for me, but I heard good things about them. I think that they are not cheap though.

Old 06-20-2003, 11:08 AM
miniman_a
1st Gear
did you know there is a Mini drive day on Sunday 13 July meeting in Manly at 7 am
:smile:

Old 06-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Agro
No, I did not. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it.

Old 06-27-2003, 02:04 AM
samu
Neutral
G'day my fellow MINI owners from Down Under,
I just joined this site, and it's glad to finally hear from someone in australia.
jsut a question....
R u guys having as much trouble as me when trying to find any mods for our love?
I've had my MC for more than a yr, being the 1st one to get delievered from Bib Stillwell in Melbourne, but even now i have trouble looking for good exhaust systems etc. It's painful just reading all the threads from ppl in UK and US about all the nice stuff they can buy.
I was thinking maybe if there is enough of us, we can eventually get them to notice us and get some of those stuff downunder. also maybe we need all to share or infos around if we ever have any experience with exhuasts, or airfilters etc available in Aust. what do u guys think?

Old 06-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Agro
Welcome Samu.
I don't know about who is selling parts in Aus, but I'm sure that if you contacted some of the sponsors on here (RandyBMC springs to mind but pretty much all of the sponsors on here seem to be VERY helpful) they'd work out a way to ship stuff to Aus for you. Of course, with the Aussie dollar not worth much, it's going to add costs for you. As for installation issues...from what I've read, many of the mods, exhausts and intakes especailly, can be done yourself if you have any mechanical skills at all.

Again, welcome.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:38 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Samu-
G'day from Hawaii, just a note to warn you that if you decide to order items for upgrades, the cost of shipping from the UK or US might be prohibitive. For every $1000 of upgrades I do I must spend at least $150+ on shipping alone. Sometimes more if it is really heavy or bulky. So just something to think about. Otherwise it doesn't stop me from doing my best to keep up with my upgrading habit for my Cooper S.

Old 06-28-2003, 05:18 AM
samu
Neutral
yes i know exactly what u mean minihune,
it's all good that everyone says "we can do shipping for ya" but what;bout the cost??
that's a HUGE factor. if i buy a exhuast system think about how much i'll have to pay for somthign that heavy? form UK/US to Aust~~!!

Am i the only MINI owner in Aust who feel we've been left out of the whole MINI tuning business? surely someone can come up with a way through joint venture or authorised dealership to get some of those stuff down under.
HOw about that Sponsors? i mean this is by no means an attack, just wanna know if we have enough numbers here to make such thing work. It would be great incentive for shops like MiniMania or so to start thinking about the Aussie market if we can get enough ppl to put their hand up and demand their products.

Anyone with me? or no one actually wanna modify their MINI?

Old 06-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Agro
Not wanting to sound like a downer or anything, but the Australia forum has had about 50 posts, from about 10 users, at least 2 of whom are not living in Aus. Do you think there is the userbase on MCO to support a dedicated sponsor-Australia link? I assume you're only going to swap your exhaust once per car, right?
That being said, I'm happy to do anything I can to help with this kind of thing.

Old 06-29-2003, 02:52 AM
ecylai
Neutral
Yeah i wanna mod my Mini cooper as well ...

but i only own a mini cooper CVT.... its not the performance that i'm really after in a mini cooper coz its not a build for race rather luxury and looks... but i wouldnt mind changing the exhaurst and the intake in my CVT....

I'm Just wondering if anyone have a problem with their power steering? coz when i drive it for a long while my steering wheel became like a firetruck steering its so stiff its not funny .... i think its the pumping of the power steering pump but its so dangerous

has anyone got any problem with their steering as well?
i'm going to take it back to BMW to have a good check up....

Eric

Old 06-30-2003, 06:48 AM
samu
Neutral
Agro u r absolutely on the money, there are jsut not enough of us voicing our opinions thru, i think however there's a few more people at http://www.mini2.com tho, that's another major MINI site, more aussies than here anyway, even some takls of organising our own MINI club.

Ecylai, what's wrong with having a CVT? that's what i have too~~!! in my mind, it's one of the best auto around. i've driven just about every BMW 3 series, from 318 to 330, Cis or Is, and also all the Ti,) and no matter how much power it has, those autoboxes just don't give u any feel, the steptronic doesn't do anything at all... where as our CVT gives almost manual like control...what'bout the the gear braking we get when downshifts? nothing except for the SMGII or the selespeed in Alfas can give u that...and both of those are "clutchless manual", more more sophiscated and expensive than a CVT. if u r interested i know a fwe places in Melbourne with a few different types of exhuasts for our cooper, i havn't got one for myself, coz i can't decide what to get..

As for your power steering, it happened to me about 6 months ago, when my car is cold, it's almost impossible to turn, took into Bib Stillwell down at Sth.Yarra at 11pm on a friday night, they had a check on the spot, and arranged loadcar, and squeezed me in their service book straight away, turnout to be some leakage within the actual sterring thing, (i can't remember what exactly it was) but they said it's very unusual and i was the first case they had ever heard off, maybe u r the lucky 2nd. Definately have it checked out before your warranty voids (2 yr warranty is bullsh*t if u ask me for someone like BMW, don't they have any confidence in their products?). Good luck

Old 06-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Agro
What?!!? Warrantee in Aus is only 2 years? It's 4 here in the States. That totally bites!

Old 08-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Mr Battle
3rd Gear
wander how long it would take to get there?

Quick Reply: how many mini owners from here