Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Custom vinyl work in Russellville

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom vinyl work in Russellville

Mark and I took his car over to a guy named Jeff (sorry, can't remember his last name right off hand) to put on Mark's spaced pin bonnet stripes from AC. The guy did an amazing job and only wanted $25 for the work. While we were there, he mentioned that he could've made those bonnet stripes and installed them for around $45 total (oops! Mark bought them for $60 from AC!). He also told me he could black out the things I'm wanting done on my car - head light and tail light rings, grill border, boot handle, etc - without even having to pull them off the car. He's the guy to whom all the auto shops and dealerships in Russellville refer their business, so he came with quite a recommendation. He also does the graphics for the local fire and school districts.

Anyway, if anyone was considering custom vinyl, I just wanted to give him a plug because of how good of an experience we had and hopefully will have as the cars evolve.

By the way, speaking of evolving, it isn't official, but Nicodemus may soon find himself with a new color, bonnet scoop, different grill, different exhaust, more hp, and a strange S marking on his side swoop It's been nagging at me for a while, and with the 4.9% financing MINI is offering on all their remaining '07s, I find I can't resist upgrading already. Who said these cars were an expensive addiction?!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Tess
4th Gear
I saw that 4.9% when i was there last week. But considering having to pay sales tax again, is it really worth the upgrade since I just bought this one in June? I doubt it.. but the thought did cross my mind.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:50 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
I called the AR state DMV, and you only pay sales tax on the difference of the trade in. So yes, I'll have to pay some tax, but it'll be on $4k or so rather than $24k.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Tess
4th Gear
ok, now see what you've done.. when my parts come and I go back sometime this month, I might be shopping around, depends on what it will do financially.
I would guess it might end up being the same considering the sales tax I have to pay, the depreciation on the car (i have 15k on it).. but I may just look into it.
That did have a sweet looking NFR convertible!

I may just hold off on putting on the chrome mirror caps, just in case.

Last edited by Tess; 01-10-2008 at 10:24 AM.