Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

July Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July Meet

Hey AMOKs!

Our next meet is Tuesday, July 17th, 6:30pm at Dizzy's in Benton, AR. Dizzys is located on the hill next to Maurices where the Wal-Mart is. You can see it from the interstate.

You'll have to go to the Hwy 5 exit get on the access road that's on the same side of the road as Wal-Mart (these are one way now). Turn into the Wal-Mart parking lot and head toward the hill. You'll see the restaurant.

If you can't come to this meet we hope to see you at the Carboard Races in Heber Springs on Saturday, July 28th. Go to that thread for more details.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Tess
4th Gear
hello

I'm a new mini owner, but we had them when I was a kid in England and in Spain.

Anyway, I live in Conway, and don't think I can make it to the meet next week, but the Cardboard races sounds like fun.

I don't know any mini owners (yet) or anything about what's going on at the races. Are you all just going to meet up somewhere, or ?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Cardboard Races

Tess,

You can now download the Rally Guide in the thread named Cardboard Boat Races. Hope to see you there.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Tess
4th Gear
Was planning on going to Hot Springs that evening, but I may meet you guys in Heber for lunch, then go back as far as Vilonia with everyone, then back to Conway.

I didn't realize what a 'thing' I was getting into when I bought the car, but I am looking forward to seeing more than 1 mini in one place!~

Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 AM
Free Spirit
Hi Tess. Welcome, welcome!! I live in Mayflower. I wonder if I've seen you around. I have a blue convertible with black bonnet stripes and checkerboard side mirror caps.

I think that's awesome you used to have one in England and Spain. Why did you leave over there growing up or what brought you to the States?

Hope to see you on the 28th!

In case you haven't seen it yet, we have a website. Here's a link:
http://www.motoringamok.com/

Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Tess
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Free Spirit
Hi Tess. Welcome, welcome!! I live in Mayflower. I wonder if I've seen you around. I have a blue convertible with black bonnet stripes and checkerboard side mirror caps.

I think that's awesome you used to have one in England and Spain. Why did you leave over there growing up or what brought you to the States?

Hope to see you on the 28th!

In case you haven't seen it yet, we have a website. Here's a link:
http://www.motoringamok.com/
HI! No I haven't seen you. So far I've seen a child red, and a green one in Little Rock.

My father was in the Air Force, my mother is English. I lived in England from the age of 3-6. Then, we had a mini, but not knowing much about the old ones cant remember what kind.. but it was different, kind of looked like a baby pick up truck with a covered bed? I have a picture somewhere I'll have to dig up and scan. Also had a Corvair. Then we moved to Spain for a year and back to the states. When I was ages 12-16 we lived in Spain again and had a little tin can of a mini, along with the huge red and white chevy pickup truck with Razorback stickers on the side, lol. The locals always stared and asked why did we have a pig on our truck. My mother got creamed while sitting at a stop light in the mini, the entire driver's side was crush like a can and she was pushed into the passenger's lap basically. Miracle that her only injuries were glass slivers all over her.

Ever since the MINI came out I've wanted one, no regrets yet.. just a few very minor disappointments with the car. Like no power seat, no alert when i leave the sunroof open and the screens in the sunroof creep backwards, they need a latch or something. I'd also like some rain guards, but it doesn't appear that there is such a thing for a MINI

After Spain we moved here because Dad is from LR. I lived in LR for quite a few years, moved to Conway about 10 years ago to get my kids (that are now grown) out of the LR schools.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Free Spirit
Here are some good exit directions to Dizzy's for our meet Tuesday night. These are from another member.

Just read the info on the meet at Dizzy's. The exit is the Highway 5
exit. It is right in front of Wal Mart. Home Depot is on your right. It
is just past the shopping center with Tinseltown Theatre and Dixie Cafe in
it. It's not really past Wal Mart, more like right there.

When you get off, go up the hill past Waffle House and you will come to a
stop light, go left. Return to the freeway entrance ramp headed toward
Little Rock and follow the service road back to the Wal Mart parking lot.
Cut across the lot to the right and you will see it on the right.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Free Spirit
Tess, I'd love to see the pic of you classic mini.
That would be hilarious seeing all those people staring at a pickup with Hogs all over it!! It is amazing your mom wasn't hurt in that accident. Sometimes I would love to see the spiritual side at work in moments like that.

Hope to meet you soon.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Tess
4th Gear
i found the picture of the one we had when we lived in England (67-70), not sure what year model it is or anything about it realy, I'll have to ask Dad.

It's in my gallery.

I think my dad has pics of the one we had in spain that got wrecked.. i'll post it when i have it

Old 07-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Free Spirit
That is way cool, Tess!