AMVIV Registration NOW open

Old 12-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Smooth is Quik
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMVIV Registration NOW open

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Break from work/Saturnalia/Winter (or Summer) Solstice and are planning for a better 2010 than 2009 was.

I apologize for opening AMVIV registration so late this year, but with the 2 1-year-olds in the house, plus my Mother visiting from Australia for all of December, it's been tough finding time to work on the computer to get everything done.

However, here is the official announcement: AMVIV7 registration is now open!!! Yay! Go to http://www.amviv.com/reg.htm to fill in your demographic info. After you hit submit, you will go to the shopping page where you can pay for your registration, breakfasts, shirts, hats and grille badges.

Many of you will remember that last year, we held an actual judged car show to benefit SAFE House on the Saturday afternoon. This year, we are doing something similar. We are again having a judged show, but it will be held AT Aliante Station instead of at SAFE House, and the judges will be "car people" and most likely "MINI people" rather than outsiders. We're not sure who the judges will be yet, but they will know MINIs. In addition, on the checkout page, you will see an option to make a $1 donation directly to SAFE House. If you want to do that, fantastic! We will pass the money collected directly to SAFE House and the Sin City MINI Club will pay the PayPal fees. If you want to donate more than $1, add a donation to your cart, then change the number of dollars on the shopping cart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year, we are not having a Saturday night banquet. Watch your email for info on a White Roof radio sponsored function on Saturday evening, we're not sure of the details yet.

All the prize giveaways will be done at the Boot N Bonnet Show at Aliante Station on Saturday, you will have until Sunday morning to pick up your prizes from the Sin City MINI Club booth.

I also need to announce the winner of the AMVIV7 shirt design contest. This year, the quality of entries was even higher than last year, and the decision of a winner took more than 1 vote from the committee. I am pleased to announce that Craig aka Cooperation is the winner for the 2nd year in a row. I really want to thank the other artists who entered this year, we saw some amazing artwork, maybe some of the designs will show up on Christmas cards or other shirts for sale at AMVIV?

Please check out the winning designs at http://www.amviv.com/design_contest.htm

I am also announcing that Vendor Registration is now open too! If you are planning on attending AMVIV7 as a vendor, please go to http://www.amviv.com/reg_vend.htm and follow the directions. Take note that the car show will be AT Aliante, so it won't be pulling people away from the Boot N Bonnet Show "Vendor Village".

If you want to make sure that your favorite vendor(s) are at AMVIV7, contact them and let them know you want to see them there. The MINI vendors are all business people. If they aren't going to make money over the weekend (or at the very least, break even), many of them can't afford to come. The only way they can work out if it makes sense to attend is if they get an idea of how much business they will do. So help them (and us) out and tell them if you want to buy from them at AMVIV.

For right now, the schedule and events page is not up to date. We are doing 1 new run, plus all the other runs have changed a bit, if for no other reason than the new hotel location. I'll send out an update when I get those pages done.

That's about it for now, though I'm sure I forgot something important and will have to send out another one of these within a couple of hours.
Have a Happy New Year and I'll see you all (hopefully) in March.

Andrew Ross aka Agro
Publicist - A MINI Vacation In Vegas http://www.amviv.com/

Last edited by Smooth is Quik; 01-01-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
JeffreyC
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is it just me or is anyone else getting a webredirect to *** Cable?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Smooth is Quik
3rd Gear
fixed

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
JeffreyC
4th Gear
Thanks! Look forward to seeing the group in LV!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See you when you get here.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:15 PM
OldLoad
2nd Gear
Anyone else not getting a screen when you want to add something to the cart, like registration fees?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 AM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Hey so no HPDE at AMVIV?

Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SCCA is doing an autocross at the Speedway on AMVIV Saturday. Have a look at the AMVIV homepage, or I posted info in the track forum.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Jayde
3rd Gear
**Off topic**

I just bought tickets to Criss Angel and the Price is Right!! My 4th AMVIV, 6th time to Vegas and my first shows!! WOO HOO!!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
It Works
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jayde
**Off topic**

I just bought tickets to Criss Angel and the Price is Right!! My 4th AMVIV, 6th time to Vegas and my first shows!! WOO HOO!!
A group of us saw his show last year. Hope you enjoy it.