Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Caravan to MINI of Nashville Homecoming

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:58 PM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, to make this really impressive, we need at least 30 MINIs leaving the Rocket City to make this caravan something we can all remember. The Capital City MINIs can join up with Birmingham Area MINI Association (BAMA) just north of Bham and then we will join the Rocket City MINIs to make our merry way up to Music City. If you need more info about the homecoming, drop me a line. It basicly is to Start at 5 pm on July 10. There will be give-aways and a live band, plus you will get to see the new MINI Cabrio up close and personal. I wrote and told the Nashville MINI folks they should raffle off one of the little buggers. I'll buy a ticket for a buck. We need committments now to get this caravan started, so who is going to get in line behind me? I will be checking my mirrors.

Old 05-13-2004, 04:44 PM
SB
6th Gear
Harold, leave a ticket for me to buy.

I'm not sure of the route your wanting to take but if your planning I65 the whole way, we could try to have the Rocket City MINI's meet you all in Athens. Just off the interstate are places for people to get a fill up or stretch for a minute. Or if you would prefer, there is a rest area just north of the state line if a fill up isn't necessary. From Athens to MINI of Nashville is around 85 miles.

Old 05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
sjolly
3rd Gear
Count us in, just tell me which place would the best place to stop the gas station or the rest area.we saw the new mini cabrio at the dragon run 2004 it is a nice looking car, Darlene can't wait to get one.

Old 05-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got my invite from Nashville and definitely want to go.

Harold, look for my insanely bright modified headlamps and rally lights in your mirrors

Old 05-13-2004, 07:58 PM
orthomini
3rd Gear
i plan to be there as well, right behind yucca.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:20 PM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
Count us in.

What would the plan be? To make hotel reservations with a late check-in, caravan to Nashville, do the thing, and then check-in? If so, what hotel? Might as well all stay together.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:21 PM
golfman
Welcome aboard everyone. The Nashville Express is getting longer - MINI by MINI. We will probably stay overnight after the bands quits playing. In the past we have stayed at the Holilday Inn in Brentwood (totally renovated 1-2 years ago). The hotel is less than 5 miles south of the dealership (on our side of town). It has been very nice in the past, but we have taken our own pillows. For those interested in staying overnight I will put together a list sometime around the first week of June to see how many and see if we can qualify for a discount. I may also check with the MINI of Nashville folks to see if they can't help us out to get a discount. Other folks driving in may also want to stay there if the MINI folks can swing it. How about a whole hotel of MINI owners, that's pretty cool.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Normalizer
4th Gear
ok, this has me irritated.... I live in Nashville and hang out at the dealership all the time, am even trying to help get a local MINI club together and am being sponsored by the dealer.... and I have NOT gotten an invite!

When is it?

Old 05-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Jmonk
1st Gear
Be patient Jeff, I mailed out invites to my customers as well as to the folks on the Alabama list that Harold sent me. I can't help it that Josh isn't excited about this stuff. All of the people that bought a MINI from here will get an invite soon. As far as that goes, just let it be known that EVERYONE is invited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! null

Old 05-19-2004, 08:49 AM
madman31
Neutral
I'm hoping to make the trip up, although I haven't received an invite yet. Of course, I've only had the car a month....

Old 05-19-2004, 12:33 PM
SnowFlame
Neutral
I definitely want to be in the caravan. That should look really awesome on I65 Count me in!

Old 05-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Normalizer
4th Gear
>>Be patient Jeff

patience my a$$.... first you steal that engine sway bar out from under me, then you make fun of my spinner hub caps....

:smile:

Old 05-19-2004, 03:02 PM
BamaCooperS
3rd Gear
I also plan to attend. I would definetly be interested in staying overnight as well. I look forward to this event.

Butch Brown

Old 05-26-2004, 08:10 PM
smfinley
Neutral
Count us in. Just let us know when and where we are meeting. We will be coming from Scottsboro through Huntsville.

Old 05-26-2004, 08:33 PM
bodinski
5th Gear
Seeings (yup, that there's a real word) how MINI of Nashville is never gonna send me an invite, when is it?

<duh>
Sorry, should have read the first post more thoroughly..

Old 05-26-2004, 09:26 PM
SB
6th Gear
It will be July 10th at 5 pm.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:41 AM
bmcgough
1st Gear
I am in Huntsville and would like to attend. Can someone send me the info?

Thanks,

Bryanbmcgough@bellsouth.net

Old 06-02-2004, 07:21 AM
bodinski
5th Gear
I'm about 45 minutes south of Nashville. I'll try and hookup with y'all on the way.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:02 PM
golfman
Hey Bodinsky, we should be by you (45 minutes south of N'ville) at approximately 2:30 pm enroute to the Holiday Inn Brentwood. Just get in line. We will probalbly leave the HI at about 4:30 to go to MINI of Nashville. Normalizer you need to come on by as well. The more MINIs the better.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:08 PM
golfman
What is the deal? BAMA has twice as many MINI owners as the Rocket City MINIs and they have almost as many folks going to the Homecoming as BAMA. BAMA, we need to fill up I-65 N going to the rocket city. Add your name to the list here and be a part of probably the greatest MINI event of the year. You definitely don't want to miss driving your MINI on 7-10-04. Line 'em up and head 'em out, safely.

Last edited by golfman; 06-15-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:29 PM
lil skippy
Neutral
Caravan to Nashville

Count me in, I will be waiting in Athens to follow along

Old 06-29-2004, 06:23 PM
golfman
more info

There is more information under the thread about hotel information below in this forum. You may want to check it out if you plan to stay overnight.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:19 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Well I can't wait!

I'm new to the mini cooper world and I can't wait to meet some other Mini owners. Today I got a two way radio so I can hear the group as you get close to cullman. When you reach me I will jump on the Mini Train.
See everyone then. Happy Motoring.

www.magicmini.com

Old 07-03-2004, 01:24 PM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
Sorry folks, but I'm going to miss this one. The Alabama Region SCCA is hosting a BIG race weekend at Barber Motorsports Park the weekend of the 10th, and I can't miss it. I really wish we could go, but the scheduling conflict cannot be overcome. I know you guys will have fun. Hoist one for me............

Old 07-09-2004, 07:44 PM
bodinski
5th Gear
Golfman - We'll be waiting @ the intersection of I-65 & 99 (aka Bear Creek Pike), radio on 7 or 7-21 (somebody please decide!) at ~ 2:30 pm. Look for an IB/B MCS w/ black grille. We need to stop at the Viking cookware store in Franklin for my wife's birthday-shopping trip. I assume we can do that while you get checked in & situated at your hotel. Which one are you staying at & how long do you think you'll be there before you're ready to head to Nashville?

Quick Reply: Caravan to MINI of Nashville Homecoming