Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Caravan to MINI of Nashville Homecoming

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 07:57 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The channel for tomorrow is Channel 7 sub 0

I beleive tomorrow we are useing just channel 7 with sub channel 0. Then I believe we are going to 7-21. I'm not sure but I will be on 7 -0 .:smile:

Here is the info I got from Golfman. I hope I have helped. Happy motoring

[size=3][font=Arial]The drive up to Nashville will leave from the Wal-Mart parking lot on Fieldstown Rd in Gardendale promptly at 12 Noon (be sure to bring your 2-way radios, channel 7 please). The reason for the late start is to allow those driving up from [/font][font=Arial]Montgomery[/font][font=Arial] to do so without getting up with the chickens. We will then drive up I-65 N to the Athens Cracker Barrel at the intersection of I-65 N and US Hwy 72. After much hand-shakin’ and huggin’, we will again take to I-65 N enroute to the Brentwood Holiday Inn. We should arrive between [/font][font=Arial]3:15[/font][font=Arial] and [/font][font=Arial]3:45 pm[/font][font=Arial] with time to check-in and freshen up before departing to MINI of [/font][font=Arial]Nashville[/font][font=Arial] (MON). Due to the late hour of the MON event, many owners are planning to stay overnight in [/font][font=Arial]Nashville[/font][font=Arial]. The Holiday Inn has given us a rate of $70.00 plus tax per night. To get this rate you must tell them you are with the “MINI Cooper” group. The phone number to call is 1-615-373-2600. You do not have to stay at the Holiday Inn; there is no obligation for anyone to do so. I also know there are single guys or ladies planning to attend, please let me know and I can try to arrange for you to have a roommate and keep you costs to a minimum, but one of you will have to call and reserve the room. [/font][/size][font=Arial]Finally, regardless of where you stay you might want to take your own pillow.[/font][font=Arial][size=3] [/size][/font]

Old 07-09-2004, 10:16 PM
SB
6th Gear
There is a thread in the South East forum titled Two-Way Radios. Golfman, AKA Harold, said 7-21 and this is the official MINI frequency. Everyone being on that channel tomorrow is something I'm not positive on. I think it would be a good idea to have the frequency mentioned on the BAMA site so no one misses anything.

I have two radios so I will have my main one on 7-21. I'll go ahead and keep the other on 7-0 to be sure that no one misses the caravan if your planning to join up while we are passing by. I think it will be a good idea to go ahead and designate a frequency on the BAMA website. 7-21 is the official MINI channel so I don't see why ours can't be. :smile:

So, did everyone get their car all nice and shiny? Mine is ready to go but needs a little cleaning inside. Something for me to do in the morning. :smile:

Old 07-10-2004, 12:21 AM
magic mini
5th Gear
Can't sleep. I must be ready for the trip because I'm up right now at 2:00am. So anyway I got home at about 6:00pm on friday and started cleaning up my Mini . I got done at 8:00pm. So if you want to meet me, I will be in the Green Clean Mini.

Old 07-10-2004, 06:57 AM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
Everyone, if we are good leaving Bham with radios on 7-21 that is what we will use to Athens. If someone has only channel 7, I don't want them to miss out on any of the fun. Bodinsky, we will go on to the Brentwood Holiday Inn (old hickory exit) and leave from there at 4:30 to go to MoN. You can catch up with us there and ride in together. See ya.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:54 AM
bodinski
5th Gear
Are you still planning on passing I-65 & 99 (Columbia) around 2:30?

Old 07-14-2004, 09:16 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
I had a great time on the run to nashville. I'm just sorry I didn't really get to talk with everyone. Hope to see everyone again soon!!!

Here is a new website I just started about my car and events I goto. The trip to nashville is on there.

www.magicmini.com

Old 07-16-2004, 06:29 AM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
The website looks great. Hope to ride with you again soon.

Old 07-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great pics magic mini! I wish I could have made it to Nashville last weekend!

Old 07-16-2004, 05:59 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
I'm glad you liked the pics. Hope you can make the next event.

Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
great pics magic mini! I wish I could have made it to Nashville last weekend!