The Police

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Sarcux
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CDMINI
Who doesn't think they will probably get a ticket, but no ones driving dangerously right? https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...?t=138309:lol:
That was on Rt. 28, not the dragon.

Try again!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:52 PM
solar solutions
Banned
Originally Posted by Sanbient
That was me. I was staying in the cabin near you and they pulled me over just as I parked. :( On the warning, it said "Light violation." But now after reading that quote above (and found here http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislat...gs_20-130.html ) , I don't think I was violating it at all. I only have two auxillary lights mounted on my bonnet. Everything else is in stock position. Oh well...At least it was only a warning. :D

San
It was probably because of your mom.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Sanbient
1st Gear
Originally Posted by solar solutions
It was probably because of your mom.
I wish it was. She would have gotten the cop to forget about the warning. Mike's mom however...I think she was just too tired help me out anymore.

San

Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 AM
solar solutions
Banned
Originally Posted by Sanbient
I wish it was. She would have gotten the cop to forget about the warning. Mike's mom however...I think she was just too tired help me out anymore.

San

Old 05-16-2008, 12:26 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Sarcux
They busted one guy for having his "halo" lights, and I hear the cabrio that was covered with blinking lights got nabbed too.
Originally Posted by mistro
Could the MINI Cabrio with the Christmas Lights post and tell if they got a ticket, warning etc? My inverter failed so my Christmas Lights were out and we stayed at Tapoco so we never went back to Fontana. Would like to know if the LEOs were issuing violations about the Christmas Lights though. Thanks.
I didn't get nabbed. I went to the next entrance straight to the lobby area, PULL all 20 dozen magnetic lights off then went back and drove politely passed the law enforcement. I figured they had to be doing something about lighting at that point so didn't want to take a chance with ALL the lights I had!

I will be ordering more lights (Less Reds, Blues, and Whites, plus will stick with more none flashing lights) just in case for MITM in August.

Last edited by MiniPlay; 05-16-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM
eatonjb
1st Gear
haha.. funny.. can you say "No Sence of Humor!" like 2 live crew said.. .. well look it up!

Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 PM
cocasteve
1st Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
I agree... don't ya'll have some guiness book of records meet or something this summer in VA?

There is a road called 181 in the same area (TN/NC) which also is a blast. One year when we went to the Dragon, we toured around and found out there are MANY local'ish roads that are just as fun with less cops.

I especially like the roads that are so sharp, they have convex mirrors at the bottom to see oncoming traffic.

Mark
You need to come drive with us more often = 'we' are not all bad!