Little Dragons II

Old 02-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Dragons II

Attention Parents & Kids!!!

Kamofrogg and I are in the midst of planning Little Dragons II !!

Last year was a great time and we loved having something special for all our little dragons to do that was just for them.

We are planning on have the event at the Adventure Center and we are estimating it will be $15 per child. Activities are geared toward ages 5yrs - 12yrs, but older and younger kids are welcome. Here are our plans so far:

- Face Painting
- Games
- Prizes
- Goody Bags
- Dragon Egg Hunt (a big favorite last year)
- MINI Pine Derby Track
- Yummy Treats

Little Dragons II FAQ:

1. Cool! Is this cheap babysitting?!?! Can I just drop my kid(s) and come back whenever, that's if I come back?

Sorry, nope, we already have kids of our own that we are trying to get rid of, we don't want yours. hee hee - Just kidding! We adore our children.

Seriously, if your child is over 5 years old, you are welcome to leave them with us, go have some alone time, and return when the event is over or you are more than welcome to stay. We just ask you to make sure you are back by 3:30pm or sooner. We don't like to see Little Dragons crying because they don't know where their parents are, we are going for smiles, not tears. You know your child best, if you think they will do better if you stay with them, please do.

Children under the age of 5 yrs. are also welcome, we just ask that you stay at the event with them.

Oh, and no exchanges, you have to take back the one you brought!

2. I love to donate time, money and fun things that kids love! Can I please, please, please help?

Are you kidding!!!??? Absolutely!! The answer to this questin is a resounding YES!! We are so grateful for everyone who helped out last year - they actually made the event possible!

If anyone would like to contribute time, dollars or items for goody bags, the Dragon Egg hunt or prizes, we will gladly accept them. Just let us know what you wanna do!

3. When will Little Dragon II be taking place?

2:00pm - 3:30pm on Saturday, May 3rd

4. This all sounds so fascinating, I can't hear enough about Little Dragons II, where can I get more information if I have questions??

Right here in this thread or by PMing Pamalalala. Please don't hesitate to ask. As most of you know, I am never short of words - LOL - so ask away!

Pamalalala

Last edited by Pamalalala; 03-24-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Shout Out!

A great BIG Thank YOU to Snooter!! He is making and donating MINI Marshmallow shooters for one of the games and the kids get to keep them!! Thank you! Thank you! :D

Old 02-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Shout Out!

A great BIG Thank YOU to Leon (our esteemed VP) - With the assistance of several other members of the PittStop MINI Club, he has generously offered to bring the MINI Pinewood Derby track to MOTD AND he is also going to prepare all of the MINI pinewood car kits!! This isn't exactly a "MINI" undertaking - the track is 32 feet and we are anticipating at least 20-40 children participating in Little Dragons! Whoa! And they get to keep the cars!! Thank you! Thank you!!

Wow!! What a great event this is going to be!! :D

Last edited by Pamalalala; 02-12-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, Pamalalala, you talked me into it!

This track is a genuine, Boy Scout approved, 32 foot long handmade wooden Pinewood Derby track - with electronic eye scoring! And the cars, oh the cars...

Here's what the kits look like straight out of the bag (once you've put the wheels ON), before they're decorated... (the cars for the Little Dragons are painted white and we'll have markers and such for decoration, the cars prepared for the adult division will be plain wood, read on for THAT event!):

... and with a few strokes of the Dremel and a little paint...

...and yes, we'll have an adult's division... stay tuned!

Last edited by DixonL2; 02-26-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Deviant
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks cool, are you painting all of those yourself? Maybe you should let the kids youify their MINI's at the beginning of the event, then have the race at the end (when they're hopefully dry). Save you a bit of work and give the kiddos something to do.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
OH NO! I'm not THAT crazy! The painted ones took quite some time, we're supplying precut cars like the top one (only plain wood finish). If someone wanted me to create one like the bottom ones, well, make an offer... I take requests!

Kids would have the opportunity to them-ify the Minis using quicker-drying media (markers, crayons...) while both kids and Grownups would be able to get them sometime near Registration so (if they wanted) they could spend more time on them! And that's only ONE of the activities!

Last edited by DixonL2; 02-12-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Thank you for the pics - those are waaaaay cool! The Little Dragons are gonna love love the cars and track!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Shout out!!

A great BIG Thank You to MotoringChix.com - they have generously offered to provide goodies to fill all the Dragon Eggs for the hunt this year!! Thank you Johnna! The kids are going to love it!

We are overwhelmed by everyone's generosity - Thank you for helping us to make this a terrific event for our Little Dragons!

Pamala

Last edited by Pamalalala; 02-12-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Awesome stuff! We're in! Saturday afternoon sounds perfect.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Yay! Looking forward to seeing you there! :D

Old 02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Hi everyone,

Who all is bringing their kids (no, I don't mean baby goats! ) this year? If you are, is "Little Dragons" something you would be interested in? Please post if either way so we can start finalizing plans. We don't want to move forward until we know there is enough interest.

Thank you,

Pamala

Last edited by Pamalalala; 02-17-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:05 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
My kids pretty much are baby goats...

2 boys, 10 and 15

Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Bump

Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Well, my kids would eat cans...

Note: A new event is creeping into MOTD... Dragon Draggin"! We'll have an all-ages drag race using the wooden Mini cars... bring your Dremel, some paint, because in addition to Speed they'll also be a Looks competition, both really GOOD Prizes. You saw it here first! Main thread coming with details, but it'll be run on Saturday and you don't even need to be present to win!

Last edited by DixonL2; 02-26-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 PM
colinmini
5th Gear
Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
Thanks for the MINI Pinewood Derby kits Leon. I picked one up at the Gyminikana and finished it for my sons Cub Scout Pinewood Derby "Dad's Division".

Little Dragons II-mini-pinewood-derby-car1.jpg

Do I understand that there will be some adult races at the Dragon? If so, bring it on!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Do I understand that there will be some adult races at the Dragon? If so, bring it on!
Yeah baby - your ONLY two chances to race wheel-to-wheel at MOTD! Have the kids race at Little Dragons II (a white car kit is included in the admission), and there will be an adult division too, earlier in the day. Weight is limited to 5 ounces, and wheels/axles must remain unaltered. Wheelcovers are OK... Prizes in the adult division, well... let's just say I wish I could compete instead of running it!

...but this is Pam's thread for Little Dragons. We'll be starting a new thread on Dragon Draggin' as soon as we have the details! And no, you cannot strap a CO2 cartridge on the back for JATO-like assist. Sorry.

Last edited by DixonL2; 02-26-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:57 AM
awood279
3rd Gear
Please add my Little Dragon, Andria, to the list! (age 11)

Also, please pm me if there is anything you need (volunteer, $, ect.)

Old 02-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Kamofrogg
2nd Gear
Thank you Pamala for getting this post up and running. For new people who weren't here last year, or didn't bring their kids, we might want to consider changing the thread subject to add something like "THE event for kids". Keep in touch, Pam so we have lots of time to get this together. As if you need more to keep you busy!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:07 PM
womble
2nd Gear
We plan to attend with our 5 year old son.

the Wombles

Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 AM
QandElf
Shadetree Modder
Littler Ones

Our kids will be about 3.5 and 2 at the Dragon. What's the possibility of their being able to participate? We would like the opportunity to drop them off, but we won't be running off to the far reaches of the Hellbender. More likely staying close.

I know my daughter (3.5) is already a MINIphile, so she will be upset if she doesn't run the Dragon with me (she already treats stop lights like we're at a drag strip). I think she would like the Derby cars, if for nothing more than have her own MINI!

My son (2) will probably prefer the interaction with other kids over anything else (OK, finger-painting and face-painting may pique his interest).

Please pm me if you need any help setting this up.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Lisa@1FastMINI
Banned
Eddie's 5 year old daughter, Jaelyn will be coming with us this year. This will be her first trip to the Dragon and I'm sure she will love this event!

Pamala, if there is anything you need donated please let me know and I will see what I can do! Thanks so much for putting this together!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Kermee
Neutral
Pam

Our neighbors and us will be there for the Dragon this year. Sherry and I would like to help with kids events. Just let us know what we can do to help

Old 03-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Thank you everyone! You are all so kind and generous with your offers to help and donate. I am sending PMs to everyone!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
kimoz
5th Gear
VOLUNTEER... I actually have a soon to be 15yr old daughter/attendee who WANTS TO HELP!!! Of course she'll not clean her room but said she would be glad to help out baby-goat-sitting/face painting or whatever does not involve MY (mom) supervision. So mark down Spawn for duty.

She's a good kid, just don't let her know I posted that, it will ruin everything.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kimoz
VOLUNTEER... I actually have a soon to be 15yr old daughter/attendee who WANTS TO HELP!!! Of course she'll not clean her room but said she would be glad to help out baby-goat-sitting/face painting or whatever does not involve MY (mom) supervision. So mark down Spawn for duty.

She's a good kid, just don't let her know I posted that, it will ruin everything.
Thank you! Not a word here - we would LOVE to have her help! Please tell Spawn "Thank You!" We appreciate her help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Little Dragons II