4th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2006) Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be one of the largest MINI gatherings in 2006.

MINIs on the Dragon Video DEBATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mielnicki
So then be consistant, there have been alot of videos posted on NAM, MINIs, non-MINIs, Motorcycles etc. That have had illegal or dangerous activity in them, lock or remove all the links. Where does the censorship end?
They generally HAVE been moderated... if some were missed, point them out, and I'm sure the moderators will take care it. I, on the other hand, am not a content moderator... I'm just expressing my opinion. My moderation rights are limited (ONLY) to facilitation, and only then here in the MOTD4 forum.

I didn't set the guidelines... but I understand why they are there, and I feel the moderators have every right (even duty) to properly and fairly enforce them. This is a very clean and well-run forum website, and that's what keeps many of the people coming back here.
Are you going to prevent someone from posting a link to Google Video or You Tube, because someone may end up seeing a video of illegal driving, even though the original link was to something unrelated?
Again, I'm not going to prevent anything... it's not a role I have been asked to maintain (nor given the rights to do so). But yes, I will express my opinion that any links, content or otherwise that encourages or displays blatantly illegal and dangerous behavior (especially as a form of pride, one-upmanship or showing off) should be moderated as long as it is part of the site guidelines.
Too late, ya did.
LOL - a difference of opinion... I didn't slight you back (or hint at it).

Last edited by Edge; 06-08-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Edge
They generally HAVE been moderated... if some were missed, point them out, and I'm sure the moderators will take care it
There have been plenty, however, I won't point them out. I do not care, nor do I think they should be removed.
I didn't set the guidelines... but I understand why they are there, and I feel the moderators have every right (even duty) to properly and fairly enforce them.
I know why they are there also, and I agree guidelines should be in place, because most people do not have the common sense to control themselves on their own.
But yes, I will express my opinion that any links, content or otherwise that encourages or displays blatantly illegal and dangerous behavior (especially as a form of pride, one-upmanship or showing off) should be moderated as long as it is part of the site guidelines.
I was talking about a link to YouTube of something perfectly harmless, but since YouTube also has videos of people doing illegal and dangerous things, do you think any links to YouTube should be deleted? Because heaven for bid someone from NAM goes exploring YouTube after following the link from NAM.
LOL - a difference of opinion... I didn't slight you back (or hint at it).
Touché

I apologize. I really wasn't trying to slight you personally. Often times written word just does not cut it.

Steve

Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
I was talking about a link to YouTube of something perfectly harmless, but since YouTube also has videos of people doing illegal and dangerous things, do you think any links to YouTube should be deleted? Because heaven for bid someone from NAM goes exploring YouTube after following the link from NAM.
No, of course not... banning all links to a general video repository such as YouTube would be asinine. But banning/deleting direct links to videos of bad driving behavior on public roads (especially those spotlighting MINIs) is perfectly reasonable.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that all YouTube links (or Google Videos, etc.) should be removed. Just the links that directly connect to the "bad" stuff on those sites from NAM.
I apologize. I really wasn't trying to slight you personally. Often times written word just does not cut it.
That's cool... talking about someone "getting a life" is generally dangerous territory as far as how it can be interpreted, most especially written, as you said.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Sarcux
6th Gear
Oh admit it, all of our lives only consist of NAM and Minis. Maybe food, beer, sleep and sex can be thrown in. None of us truly have "lives". Hehe.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by Sarcux
Oh admit it, all of our lives only consist of NAM and Minis. Maybe food, beer, sleep and sex can be thrown in. None of us truly have "lives". Hehe.
Hey, don't forget MotoringFile.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:17 PM
MidSouth MINIac
Coordinator :: MidSouth MINIacs
Just for the record, I have known "DARKNESS" for almost 2 years now, and I would feel safe riding with him as a passenger on The Dragon. He may have crossed the yellow lines a few times, but hey, he isn't the only one. As for the Malibu Canyon video that is available for sale on NAM, shame on NAM. The driver in that video needs to take safe driving lessons from "DARKNESS."
I probably qualified as the slowest driver at MOTD '06, and I can't wait until next year to drive The Dragon again. And also be a passenger in "DARKNESS" MINI, or better, yet, a passenger in my own MINI with "DARKNESS" driving.
...."AP"