4th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2006) Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be one of the largest MINI gatherings in 2006.

Help needed for filming "Tame the Dragon 2" DVD

Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
minisven
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed for filming "Tame the Dragon 2" DVD

In cooperation with Outmotoring.com, White Knuckle Productions will be at MOTD again this year to film a sequel to last year's "Tame the Dragon" DVD. Last year we shot the film on a whim. It's an entertaining piece of video with some dynamic driving footage but we wanted to do it better this year and we've come up with a new concept. This year we'd like to capture more of the personalities and the culture of the MINI community as well as great driving footage. The problem is as a single team we can only cover so much territory.

We'd like your help. After the event is over we will be looking for video submissions to broaden our coverage of the event. We'll be looking for exciting footage from the autocross, the drive-in movie, the chili-cookoff, etc. plus any funny moments you might catch on tape. So get your video cameras and your Vacu-cams ready!

If your interested please PM me and I can give you further details

And by the way, here's the trailer for last years movie.
http://homepage.mac.com/ssven5/swow/...Theater21.html

Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You'll have all mine!

Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
hope I wasn't stepping on peoples toes, but I was already starting to put my own DVD together... uhhh... ok.. now I feel stupid... is it going to be ok continue?.. I realize no-one really owns the "rights" to making a DVD of such an event.. I just don't want to create any enemies either.. (oh... and yes, I will send you the video I've taken so you can edit it however you want.. )..

Old 04-11-2006, 01:25 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
MetalMINIMayhem,
Obviously, it's a free world but I'd welcome all the participation on the project I can get.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:46 PM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
like I said, I'll send ya what I got.. Mine isn't JUST going to be MoTD though, so don't fret 'bout that... it'd be cool if you could send me some video too though.. (I'm doing a DVD of various MINI goings-on that I've been to over the past years.. MINI's on Top, Haunted MINI's, Come to MAMA, etc.. these are all predominantly New England-area runs).. it's gonna be set to music and all that.. got some pretty kick *** video editing software I've been dying to toy around with..

Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
That sounds great. I'd be happy to contribute some footage to your project as well.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
sweet..!

Old 04-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Checkmate
5th Gear
Are you accepting only video or would digital stills be accepted aswell?

Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
Good news! Richard Lin has signed on to help set up our camera car with one of his top-notch multi-cam VacuCam systems. Should make for some very cool "Midnight on the Dragon" footage. But we can always use more great video.

To answer your question, we're going to focus on video footage but I will let you know if we can use stills later. Thanks for asking though.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
If i had any of my video camera's working i would help out. I work in the TV industry and have shot before with betacam, DVCPro, MINI DV etc.. so if you need help with actual shooting and can provide some equipement i'm willing to help.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately we do not have any extra equipment to loan out. Perhaps you could team up with somebody that has a camera but has a little less artistic eye and work together. We're not looking for anything specific, just those little moments that make the weekend memorable and you don't mind sharing.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:28 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Thameth
I work in the TV industry
Me too. I dabble in AVID editing (work a couple days a week). I wonder if there are more video guys on the site.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:14 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
Anybody have any copyright free original music they would like to contribute to the project? Maybe something you've created in "Garageband" or equivalent software or maybe a song you've created with a real band?

Old 04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've got my digital camera (45 min of video storage), a Sony DV Handycam and my triple suction-cup mount (http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/speedprod15b.htm).

Is there any particular format that you prefer? I can convert the DV Handycam to a computer file, but probably not as well as you can.

Would we mail you the tape?

Do we get a copy of the DVD for being a contributer?

Old 04-21-2006, 09:40 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
OK, Here is the deal. If you would like to contribute video please send us a copy of your miniDV tape with your footage. Please make it a copy as we can not return all the submissions that we receive. If we choose to use the footage we will mention you in the credits and we will send you a free copy of the final DVD. Please send any original music you have on a CD. Same deal, we can't send it back to you but if we use it we'll credit you and send you a final copy. If you are interested please PM me and I will give you a mailing address off the board. In additional, you can also deliver your submissions directly to us at the MOTD. We'll be hanging around the OutMotoring crew all weekend, so we should be easy to find. Thanks again for your questions.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
minisven
2nd Gear
Thanks again to all the people who have volunteered to help out with the project. It's starting to shape up nicely. Of course, there is still time to get involved. We are still looking for music submissions. Anybody want to reach the MINI community with your original music?

Old 05-09-2006, 12:47 PM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
I got tons and tons of video driving the Dragon, etc.. anyone willing to trade video footage?..

Old 05-10-2006, 12:04 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by minisven
Thanks again to all the people who have volunteered to help out with the project. It's starting to shape up nicely. Of course, there is still time to get involved. We are still looking for music submissions. Anybody want to reach the MINI community with your original music?
Thanks for getting me involved...it was great fun I don't remember mentioning this but the whole time I was behind your camera Mini in Hot Pursuit, my Sony DVR was recording. Would you like to include this footage?

Looking forward to getting the final product

Sid

Old 05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
MINIsven.. you still interested in trading?.. also, I have a MINI DVD camera can you take those instead of tapes?

Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 PM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minisven
Anybody have any copyright free original music they would like to contribute to the project? Maybe something you've created in "Garageband" or equivalent software or maybe a song you've created with a real band?
yes, I do tons of electronica drum-n-bass/hardcore techno type stuff..

Old 05-10-2006, 12:55 PM
CmdrVimes
Stuck in Reverse
I have 3 hours of video I need to do something with. It's all captured right now (DV files on my machine). I'm probably going to author off some raw footage DVDs along with some refined stuff. Going to take me a while (just like catching up with work).

Old 05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
MetalMiniMayhem
4th Gear
yeah I got about 5 runs, some daylight, some night-vision, some inside, some outside the car..

Here's a quesion I hadn't thought about til now.. you selling these DVD's for profit, or at cost + shipping?.. raw footage= credit on DVD and a copy is one thing, but full compositions of music that have taken many many many hours to create.. ummmmm.. I dunno..

Old 10-30-2006, 06:39 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
What ever happened to this production? We were behind the camera car...

Old 11-27-2006, 12:53 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
I say again...

Ok...we helped out...now how can we get hold of a copy? Helllloooooooooooooo.....