3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

2005 MOTD-Cherohala Skyway Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
jonoanddee
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
I have purchased a registration but how can I verify that? Thanks
go to event planner it will show you what you have signed up for!!!

Old 04-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear

You keep scarn us by makn us paranoid that we didn't register properly
Sorry, It's the type A thingy,,remind me to give you a big hug and kiss:smile:

Old 04-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear

Lookie what the Skyway looked like just this last weekend and this was only at 3000'elevation!, Not to worry we'll be makin a dry run on Friday, and just to be on the safeside I will perform the Sun Dance Ritual and make a sacrifice to the Sun God at the 6000' level to ensure our safe passage,,,,err any Virgins want to ride along?

Old 04-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear
Old 04-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear
Here is the map of the loop, if you want a copy print this or go to the post above for others and more detail, Here's a tip, this will not be a spirited drive, it will be done at the speed limit, keep up with the person in front, or pull over and let those behind around, Also don't loose sight of those behind you, I f there is a problem, flash your lights and get on the talk about CH 7 sub 21.
I will be putting out green and yellow surveyors tape on Friday at all your turning points, It is tempting to take the long sweeper curves at a higher speed, they are foolers, and you can get in trouble, also the Skyway is heavily traveled by the Troopers

Have fun, take lots of pictures, be safe, once we get back to 129 the beginning of the Dragon, anyone who wants to drive in a spirited manner will have a chance to go ahead as we will pull over at the Dam and allow those to go ahead

Old 04-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear
Here's some more poop on the Skyway

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/cherohala.html

Also remember to bring along a light jacket or sweater as it can be 10-15 degrees colder up at the peak 6000'

Old 04-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Dai Uy Ted
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minzilla

Lookie what the Skyway looked like just this last weekend and this was only at 3000'elevation!, Not to worry we'll be makin a dry run on Friday, and just to be on the safeside I will perform the Sun Dance Ritual and make a sacrifice to the Sun God at the 6000' level to ensure our safe passage,,,,err any Virgins want to ride along?
Mighty Max, The Wonder MINI-Wiener Dawg, is a virgin. He loves to ride along. But he won't be there until next Thursday.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:16 AM
MOTORN
4th Gear
Zilly, I always knew you were going to the dogs.
Ryan's MOM is going to be so jealous

Old 04-29-2005, 05:21 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MOTORN
Zilly, I always knew you were going to the dogs.
Ryan's MOM is going to be so jealous
Great post, MOTORN! See you soon!

Clover

Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear
Quote:

Bistro Lunch

So I we did not get signed up for the Bistro lunch but are on the drive, They will not let up buy lunch on the spot????

Yes you can order on the spot but if from the menu, it will take a while, and you may miss our departure, I will have them put so many extra sandwich lunches together, so that you can get the lunch, However, you must see me at the Drivers meeting prior to the drive and let me know how many sandwiches you want. I will be there first and have them made up

Quote:
I figured I could make a really big roast beef sandwich for $14...wanna split it?
Keep in mind that the $14 supports the use of the pavillion, and includes gratuity. Like all other planned meals it takes effort and processing costs to collect and disburse fees from Credit card and Paypal, and pay for facilities.

I hope that you all enjoy the lunch, and the great scenery down by the river (the pavilion is used a lot for weddings) and trust that you will feel it to be well worth it

Old 05-02-2005, 07:01 AM
BartMack
6th Gear
I remember last year our route took us on this narrow country blacktop with a hill that was immediately followed by a general store and a 90 degree turn ... that poor old guy out sweeping the front porch looked like this --->

He thought he was going to be stocking MINI Coopers

Old 05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Minzilla
4th Gear
OK Ya'll(practicing my TN accent), the drive will leave promptly at 9:30 AM .You may wish to arrive and stage your car starting at 9:00AM ( how long does it take to get 150 cars in an orderly grid)and prior to leaving we will need to have a very short drivers meeting before hand, you all should have your MOTD registration on your dash, if anyone wants lunch and has not paid for it prior to the cutoff, tell me then and I will try to get it arranged.

This is growing by leaps and bounds, It will take special effort on everyone's part to assure that the group does not get split up, keep an eye on the car in front and the car in back, If anyone has a problem use the talk about. I am not certain that all of the lookout parking lots can handle 150 cars, so you will want to be sure to be at the drivers meeting to ensure what to do if one of the lots is full. There will be three Drive leader cars identified by the green and yellow surveyors tape hanging from their antenna, and they will be spaced about every 50 cars. This will work, trust me

Old 05-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Xanda
2nd Gear
Thanks for organizing this event Minzilla, sure sounds like it will be a lotta fun