3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

Are you interested in: Pro Panoramic Group Photo

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:29 PM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^^^^^permission???? didn't you tell them you know me

Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koolmini

Oh, yes -- I told them that --- seems they wanted two additional forms of ID; a DNA sample; and something I don't want to talk about -- so don't ask, ok????

The things I do for you!!

Hugs,
PB

Old 03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
zinful
4th Gear
Great Idea

Count me in, I was in Rockford last year for the West Meets East Mini Meet, and they did a panoramic picture, it was a great picture.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by koolmini

That is the problem right there. She DID tell them she knows you and once they heard that, they decided that we had to ask for permission if koolmini is going to be there!

She was just being nice to make it seem as if permission was needed for the other 199 cars so that you would not feel singled out

Old 03-30-2005, 12:34 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Originally Posted by BabsWife
Oh, yes -- I told them that --- seems they wanted two additional forms of ID...
Hang on there - I can ID him. Kool I guess you only need one more.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:05 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
That is the problem right there. She DID tell them she knows you and once they heard that, they decided that we had to ask for permission if koolmini is going to be there!

She was just being nice to make it seem as if permission was needed for the other 199 cars so that you would not feel singled out
We were told that the had to do a background investigation on him first... Something about plotting an invasion of Canada or something...

Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
We were told that the had to do a background investigation on him first... Something about plotting an invasion of Canada or something...
Yup that's him............Theres your second ID

Old 03-30-2005, 06:46 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count me in.

I'd go for a unframed.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:39 PM
H8WERK
1st Gear
Panoramic Photo

Sounds like a great way to remember MOTD 2005! Count me in for framed photo delivered to my door

Thanks,
H8WERK

Old 03-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Hangman
1st Gear
Panoramic Photo

I am definatley interested in a framed print delivered to my door. Sounds like a great souvenir to show my Canuk friends back in Ontario,Canada.

Originally Posted by NekoWoman
We've been looking into a variety of things that would make the 2005 Dragon the best ever...

I've been looking into getting a professional panoramic photographer to take a group photo. This would make a GREAT souvenir!

Everybody brings their cameras to MINI events and some great photographers have beautifully captured images of the Dragon, but one thing that remains difficult is fitting all those cars in one photo. We might be mini, but we're not that small! Sure, from the top of the dam you can get all the cars in a picture, but you can't make out much detail or see the people.

I'd like to find out what level of interest people have in purchasing this type of picture. Our photo would be about 48 inches long and 10-12 inches high. The cars would probably be about four deep (if we have around 200). You'd be able to see great detail with that size.

The photos would cost about about $50 for the print and $165 for a framed/matted print (including S&H to your door). We could get that price down more if we have higher volume. The photographer would add the event logo, date and everything. I'd volunteer to make a who's who of the print if people gave me their info.

Please post whether you're interested or not. If you're interested, please post whether you'd probably get a framed or unframed picture.

Thanks,

Deb

Below there are a couple of examples of his work. Panoramic shots like these are taken with a special motorized camera that costs almost as much as a small car (not a MINI, but hey...). These aren't a photoshop stitch! The last bit is a link to a cool shot in the Bahamas... amazing picture in the round!

http://www.atlantapanorama.com/bahamas_page.htm

Old 03-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Wraith1416
4th Gear
sounds like a good plan to me

Old 03-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Jray
3rd Gear
I'm interested in this if it happens. As long as we can fit all our cars in the photo.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
i saw this was posted for 3:00 pm on friday. wouldn't it be easier to do at the dam photo time while all the car are there?

Old 04-01-2005, 06:51 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by agokart
i saw this was posted for 3:00 pm on friday. wouldn't it be easier to do at the dam photo time while all the car are there?
Originally that was the plan.

However the photographer is very concerned that the lighting will not be good enough at that hour for a good photo. Specifically he believes that there is a pretty good chance of a large shadow covering part of the group if we took the photo that early in the morning based on the time of day and the orientation of the site.

His preference is actually to take the picture at noon, however there's already two organized drives that will be out then.

The only other option was closer to 3. This has him shooting into the sun, but he thinks it won't be a problem, and hopefully it will be late enough that just about everyone will be back from the drives, but early enough to not interfere with the chili cookoff.

Full details on this should be up by the end of the weekend at the latest.

Old 04-03-2005, 04:22 AM
minivern
2nd Gear
I'd definitely like to have one too! Keep us updated! Thanks!

Old 04-03-2005, 10:06 AM
MiniZoom
2nd Gear
Great idea! Any chance of getting it on CD (like your Bahamas picture)? Are you going to have a sign up (I see that it is listed on the event calendar)?

Thanks for putting this together!

Marty

Old 04-03-2005, 10:17 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniZoom
Great idea! Any chance of getting it on CD (like your Bahamas picture)? Are you going to have a sign up (I see that it is listed on the event calendar)?

Thanks for putting this together!

Marty
Not sure what Bahamas picture you're talking about... but you will not be able to get the photo electronically sorry...

Details on the photo will be up shortly, the order form is in the process of being built now. There have been a few changes to the size and price of the photo which will be announced as soon as we're ready to accept orders

Old 04-03-2005, 11:33 AM
MiniZoom
2nd Gear
See the "Bahamas" link at the bottom of Deb's post. As I was scrolling thru showing my wife, she kept asking "Where's the MINI?" (She's well trained! )

Marty

Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Details Details Details!

After lots of negotiating and hard work, we've finally been able to nail down all of the details on the panoramic photo.

The panoramic photo will be taken Friday May 6th in the afternoon at the base of the Fontana Dam. If you are going to be in the photo please make sure you are at the dam as close to 3 PM as possible. We know this is cutting it close with some of the drives during the day, however this time gives us the most favorable lighting conditions and conflicts with the fewest amount of activities.

The specifications and prices originally posted in the earlier thread are not accurate. The information listed here is based on the accomodations that were made to include as many cars as possible. The photo will be larger than what was posted in the earlier thread, and will be 10 X 60 inches instead of 10 X 48 inches. All prices include shipping to anywhere in the Continental US.

Prices:
Pre-Ordered Pictures (Prices valid from now until May 2):
10 X 60 inch Color Print including Shipping & Handling to continental USA..............$ 60.00
10 X 60 inch Color Print Laminated to prevent tearing and damage (like a driver's license but not quite so thick).... $70.00
10 X 60 inch Color Print FRAMED, crated, and shipped FedEx directly to your door.....$170.00

Orders taken after May 2:
10 X 60 inch Color Print including Shipping & Handling to continental USA..............$ 75.00
10 X 60 inch Color Print Laminated to prevent tearing and damage (like a driver's license but not quite so thick).... $85.00
10 X 60 inch Color Print FRAMED, crated, and shipped FedEx directly to your door.....$195.00

Other important information:
Unfortunately we were unable to find a location that is big enough to let us get every vehicle attending MOTD in the picture. We can only guarantee space for 235 MINIs, those who pre-order their photos will be guaranteed to be in the picture. After we have placed the cars who have pre-ordered we will then accomodate the rest of the cars until we run out of space.

However, just because we can't get your car in the picture doesn't mean we can't get YOU in the picture. We still want you to come down and be in the picture even if we're out of room for cars.

When placing your order please provide a street address and not a post office box, especially if you are ordering a framed print. The framed prints are crated and shipped via FedEx which does not deliver to post office boxes.

Ready to order? Then just go here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...hoto&eventid=7

Last edited by mbabischkin; 04-04-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 PM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
[insert cheap marketing attempt for family member here]

I have been to Atlanta Panorama's office and seen the type of work they do. The company is made up of VERY hard workers, and I highly recommend getting your awesome panoramic picture framed by them, or at the very least lamenated by them. If you have a local person to frame it when you get it, that's cool, I'm sure a lot of people don't want to pay for them to frame it, but they do a REALLY nice job of making sure the beautiful prints last a lifetime.

And just because I'm related to him, doesn't mean I will do ANYTHING to help him out with getting people interested in these panoramic pictures.... just anything I am ABLE to do.....

Any questions specifically about the company or people, feel free to ask! Thanks guys

[/marketing attempt]