3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

Make Your Reservations NOW -- Going FAST

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Sarcux
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mwahaha! Party cabin here I come! Think I could bring my better half too, Ryan? We can share a twin. We've done it before. Hehe.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:16 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Normalizer
Somebody bring a thesaurus this time to the Midnight Run. Gotta get more creative with their sign.
Except the sign is GONE!!!!! We went through there in July and the sign was completely gone!!!!

Old 08-19-2004, 05:16 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by Audioman
1MiniGrl,
The Spidey Senses are a last minute phenomenon

And I haven't been invited to any policeman's *****
... that can so easily be misinterpreted.

I need to borrow that PS2 game to practice those Italian Job moves, got 8 months to hone those skills for the Dragon.
ACK! Last minute!!! Well hone those Spidey Senses for next weekend for the Annual Meeting Drive! ACK!

I'm leaving the policeman ***** alone now! All I can say is that I know a few, and one wouldn't give me an invite!

I will grab my game from my friend tonight and I'll have it for you to borrow! It gives you all nice obstical courses to drive! Too bad, you really aren't in your MCS! Oh, and there are no fast stickers on these!

Old 08-19-2004, 05:31 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Originally Posted by 1MiniGrl
Forgive me for being silly here, but this is my first one...what are tickets sold for?? :smile:

Michelle
The Welcome dinner ticket on Thursday will have to be purchased in advance so we can let the caterer know how much food to have. The prices will be determined shortly, but at this time we’re still working on the finer points. Stay tuned.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
OH!!! It was to the policeman's ball right? I think I would have to pass on that one!!! Those ***** are usually very boring!
All I saw in passing were "Police" and "*****".....needless to say I couldn't stop laughing for a while

--->Hey Babs; can you perhaps do a periodical phone to Fontana and do a status as to how many accomidations are left? A nice breakdown of Cabins and Inn-rooms would rock , and give everyone that hasn't reserved yet a good idea what is available.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:32 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by Ryephile
All I saw in passing were "Police" and "*****".....needless to say I couldn't stop laughing for a while

--->Hey Babs; can you perhaps do a periodical phone to Fontana and do a status as to how many accomidations are left? A nice breakdown of Cabins and Inn-rooms would rock , and give everyone that hasn't reserved yet a good idea what is available.
Glad I could provide some humor!

My question is, since this is my first Dragon and a friend of mine actually like me got a room at the Village...where exactly is the party cabin??? I think my mom may shoot me if my cabin is near that one.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:07 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
My question is, since this is my first Dragon and a friend of mine actually like me got a room at the Village...where exactly is the party cabin??? I think my mom may shoot me if my cabin is near that one.
I thought the Party Cabin was YOUR cabin!

Check out the attached map. If I'm not mistaken the Party Cabin is on Welch Rd between the banquet hall (which is condemned) and Cheoah Road near the trout pond. However, despite the name I don't think they ever got loud enough to disturb the neighbors...

Old 08-23-2004, 08:11 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
I thought the Party Cabin was YOUR cabin!

Check out the attached map. If I'm not mistaken the Party Cabin is on Welch Rd between the banquet hall (which is condemned) and Cheoah Road near the trout pond. However, despite the name I don't think they ever got loud enough to disturb the neighbors...
WOO HOO!!! My mom in the party cabin!!!! She is an awesome cook! I'll tell her to get ready!!! I'm always up for a good party! All I need to do is bring my favorite bartender Darrell with me and it'll all be good! One of his drinks equals three at any other bar!!

Michelle

Old 08-23-2004, 10:42 AM
BabsWife
5th Gear
WOO HOO!!! My mom in the party cabin!!!! She is an awesome cook! I'll tell her to get ready!!! I'm always up for a good party! All I need to do is bring my favorite bartender Darrell with me and it'll all be good! One of his drinks equals three at any other bar!!

Michelle
Just remember to BYOB -- it is a dry county.

Rye: Yes, as a matter of fact, I will be doing updates ever so often as to how many cabins are filled and how close those who haven't reserved yet are to sleep in my front yard. (but then again, if they are cute enough -- they might find a spot in the party cabin, right???? )

Hugs,
PB

Old 08-23-2004, 10:43 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by BabsWife
Just remember to BYOB -- it is a dry county.
Hugs,
PB
ACK!

Old 08-23-2004, 11:12 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Yeah the nearest liquor store is about 60 miles away!

Old 08-23-2004, 11:36 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
I'm going to bring my alcohol from Raleigh! Those new Smirnoff Twists Rock!!!

Old 08-23-2004, 02:03 PM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Will it be impossible to book a room in the months right before the event?? I'm desperate to go but I can't committ to a room this early It looks like everything is going to be booked very soon. - Stef

Old 08-23-2004, 03:44 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by imavunderbrah
Will it be impossible to book a room in the months right before the event?? I'm desperate to go but I can't committ to a room this early It looks like everything is going to be booked very soon. - Stef
You'll probably be able to get a room somewhere, it's possible that Fontana may be full by then, however Tapoco, or the Microtel in Robbinsville may still have some rooms...

Don't be surprised if Tapoco fills up too, they've only got 31 rooms total.

Also, we are working on getting special rates from Microtel... if we can ever pin the manager down there. As soon as that information is available it will be posted. Tapoco has also been asked, and told us that they would not offer special rates for the group.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:34 PM
NekoWoman
5th Gear
Location: Fulltime RVer - R53 towed behind a vintage 1979 35' MCI MC-5C Saudi
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by imavunderbrah
I was worried about the same thing, but when I called Fontana I found out that I could book my room and if I cancelled with plenty of notice (1-2 weeks I think), my deposit (one night's stay for deposit) is refunded minus $20. If I cancel after that, I lose only the one night's deposit ($52 for me at the Inn).

So, if you're willing to gamble $20, I'd say reserve now & cancel later if you have to do so!

Old 08-23-2004, 10:02 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Driving_Hamster
Just made my reservation today (May 5th - 9th). Got a Laurel Cabin. I was told that the Willows are sold out (as we knew) and that there are "a few" Laurel's left. Rates are as posted on the first page of this thread. I thought that I would stay at Fontana this year just because I'm lazy. Plus it puts me closer to the Mountain Biking at the Tsali Recreation area for Sunday :smile: .

Plus now I have a kitchen to work on my Chili for the 2005 Dragon's Breath Chili Cook-Off. I am working on a new recipe for this year and it's sure to win!

Later!
Very cool, Hamster! BTW, I, too....am working on my Chili! It's going to be complex, yet approachable! We shall see who wins! Muwahahahaha!

Clo/Wanda

Old 08-24-2004, 06:02 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Thanks for the room info guys! I'll give them a call this week and see about booking one.

- Stef

Old 08-24-2004, 07:00 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Yeah the nearest liquor store is about 60 miles away!
no,no,no
Marysville has liquor stores & sells beer in the supermarket (only like 20 miles away)

Old 08-24-2004, 07:03 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by koolmini
no,no,no
Marysville has liquor stores & sells beer in the supermarket (only like 20 miles away)
So all I need to do is bring a blender and then run to the store for liquor??? Margarita's anyone???? I'm partial to Pina Coladas though! Hey, do the fridges have ice makers???

Old 08-24-2004, 07:35 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by koolmini
no,no,no
That's right it, of course it takes like 8 hours to get to Marysville!

Either way, it's best to have your liquor BEFORE you arrive as opposed to running out after checking in... Then you're not wasting valuable driving and partying time...

Old 08-24-2004, 07:49 AM
2005LY
3rd Gear
So all I need to do is bring a blender and then run to the store for liquor??? Margarita's anyone???? I'm partial to Pina Coladas though! Hey, do the fridges have ice makers???
I'll take margaritas, pina coladas, whatever! :smile:

Looks like my hubby and I will be joining the gang in May. It'll be my first Dragon experience as well, since I don't even have my MINI yet!!!! I'm looking to call for rooms tonight or tomorrow. We'll be making it one hell of a road trip - from Minnesota to SC, to Savannah, and back.

We might only stay Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. Would we be missing out on much? Haven't decided if we want to book for Saturday night as well. We'll probably try to see some of the park on our feet too (since we're kinda like that - outdoorsy and all ).

Old 08-24-2004, 08:42 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
[QUOTE=2005LY]I'll take margaritas, pina coladas, whatever! :smile:
QUOTE]

Okay, so who wants want?? I'm no bartender, so if the drinks are a little strong, that's even better! I usually cheat and get the premade mixes and add more alcohol to make them taste better! I can start stocking up now on the liquor. All we'll need is the ice and my blender and if anyone else wants to bring a blender, feel free!! This way we have more people mixing and more people drinking!

Old 08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
2005LY
3rd Gear
Distance question

Question for you locals - since I'm way far away and in the planning stages of our getaway... how long a drive is it from Fontana to the coast?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Don't know where you're headed (nor am I a local) but according to Mapquest it's 7 hours 5 minutes, and 387 miles from Fontana Village to Myrtle Beach...

Old 08-24-2004, 01:34 PM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by 2005LY
Question for you locals - since I'm way far away and in the planning stages of our getaway... how long a drive is it from Fontana to the coast?
Wow, I thought I posted here earlier....must have been a retard and not hit the submit button. If you are going here in NC to the beaches, you are going to be looking at about 8 hours or so or less depending on how you drive. I know it takes me about 2 hours going to my uncles in New Bern, NC from my place in Raleigh. If you are planning on going through Johnston County, be careful, the cops are really watching for speeders and agressive drivers...too many fatal wrecks on that part of the highway.

Not sure if you are going to Wilmington, Wrightsville, or the outerbank beaches, or farther north up the coast....just depends on where you are going on how long it's going to take you.

Hope this helps.

Michelle

Quick Reply: Make Your Reservations NOW -- Going FAST