1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HI.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
In that spirit, controlled burnouts in selected parking lots leaving tire tracks.

(Not responsible for legal action taken against you, (or motoring citations) only burnout on private property with consent of the owner)

Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
... and I've been watching Clo through her window for quite some time...
If he's been peeping at me, then he must spend some time in Los Angeles, La Jolla, Tucson, Sedona, Santa Fe, Amarillo, Dallas, El Paso, Houston, New Orleans, the Florida Panhandle, BurningHam, Alabama, and Robbinsville, NC.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^
No wonder he's not had time to check back in!!!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:51 AM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can have a MINI event! That will bring the public into the search. No one can ingnore a dozen or so MINIs!!!
Maybe we can have magnetic door signs made.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:52 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it maybe time for an all out search. After all he hasnt checked in after the vacation. And has anyone seen him buying dog food? Those poor dogs must be starving.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:25 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
My eyes began to tear up a little bumble when I saw your sig. The compassion that the MINI community extends to one of their own is a model for the rest of society.
I was hoping that the dogs had been kenneled so care and feeding will not be an issue. The bill on the other hand may be.
I have decided to put a positive spin on this and hope that Tyler and his girl found such happiness while on vacation that they have elected to extend the duration. I still find this notion in direct conflict with the responsible tone in all of Tyler's postings - I just can't believe he would leave his dealership in a lurch during the debut of the R56. Perhaps Tyler has a twin that is filling in for him while on vacation.
Oh BTW, I don't need a fellow NAMer's disappearance as an excuse for a MINI event. Let's just do it! (and MBE Tyler will show)

Old 03-04-2007, 03:30 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
My eyes began to tear up a little bumble when I saw your sig. The compassion that the MINI community extends to one of their own is a model for the rest of society.
I was hoping that the dogs had been kenneled so care and feeding will not be an issue. The bill on the other hand may be.
I have decided to put a positive spin on this and hope that Tyler and his girl found such happiness while on vacation that they have elected to extend the duration. I still find this notion in direct conflict with the responsible tone in all of Tyler's postings - I just can't believe he would leave his dealership in a lurch during the debut of the R56. Perhaps Tyler has a twin that is filling in for him while on vacation.
Oh BTW, I don't need a fellow NAMer's disappearance as an excuse for a MINI event. Let's just do it! (and MBE Tyler will show)
I'm with you, Maybee (I'm definitely with you, not maybe with you).

In fact, I would like to throw out there for vote, the following decree:

If our young friend doesn't appear in the next couple of days (or months), the next MOTD shall be forever known as The Tyler Wallace We Hardly Knew Ye Memorial MINIS on The Dragon In The Year Two Thousand and Eight.

I can't even type that without crying like a baby....

Sorry, I have to go now.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Old 03-04-2007, 06:45 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Don't give up hope..If we work together real hard I bet we can find him! When we do, we could hold an event at MOTD and present him safe and sound to the rest of the Mini community!!!

Old 03-04-2007, 10:45 PM
silverwolf08
6th Gear
Maybe he was kidnapped.. anyone see a ransom note?

Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
I did see something about Twinkies on another thread...

Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
I imagine he's fine. I mean if he was really missing, wouldn't we have seen him on Without a Trace or CSI Denver or something by now? He was probably just embarassed when he saw that no one, I mean NO ONE else uses their real first and last name around here. And then doubly embarassed when he saw how much anxiety he caused when he quit posting in his embarassment over using his real name.

Come on back, Tyler! We'll do our best to forget that "Tyler" stuff and refer to you by your real real name, UWT&T!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 AM
designerMINI
5th Gear
AskMINI

I called ASkMINI and they had no answer as to where Tyler was. HMMM, they have been so helpful in the past...

Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
Maybe some of those lucky people that got the RFIDs for the billboards can change it to say "Have you seen Tyler?" when they drive by.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
I SPOTTED TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by shankrabbit
Maybe some of those lucky people that got the RFIDs for the billboards can change it to say "Have you seen Tyler?" when they drive by.
Excellent idea.
I prefer to not think of the remote, though scary scenario that Tyler has been kidnapped. I went down that road when I imagined his girlfriend whacking him and it brought me nothing but angst. However, if his girlfriend is holding him in some dank hole in the basement of an abandoned house at the end of a dirt road up in the mountains where no one has any reason to visit ... OK I'm now concerned again. Maybe she is some kind of Hannibal Lecter type character and Tyler is being fatten-up for some future celebratory meal, damn we have to find him before it is too late!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 AM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
I prefer to not think of the remote, though scary scenario that Tyler has been kidnapped. I went down that road when I imagined his girlfriend whacking him and it brought me nothing but angst. However, if his girlfriend is holding him in some dank hole in the basement of an abandoned house at the end of a dirt road up in the mountains where no one has any reason to visit ... OK I'm now concerned again. Maybe she is some kind of Hannibal Lecter type character and Tyler is being fatten-up for some future celebratory meal, damn we have to find him before it is too late!
And I bet she's one of those manipulators who presented it to him like it was a long get away and that he gets to eat and eat and eat and be happy and play video games and eat and think that he has the greatest girlfriend in the world.

But once he gets fattened up enough, she'll tie him down, raise the knife, and right before she bludgens out his last breathe, his poor heart will break while he wonders why he was lead down the path of deception.

Oh Tyler... We have to find him!!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
You know that if 24 hours pass, and the missing person does not turn up, it usually spells the unthinkable...

Perhaps they should start dragging any nearby lakes.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
No! No I say! Tyler is alive and well. I can feel it! I'm sure that he and his girl have just gone on a prolonged ski trip; they have sorted out their differences and are working the relationship that's all. Perhaps Tyler has even popped the question. OMG, a wedding would be totally cool especially at MITM in August on top of Mt. Evans at 14,000 at midnight.
Now what to get the happy couple - something MINI related would be appropriate.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
wow!!!!!
Chuck, you need to be writing mystery novels!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Shellbell
Where? More info....:impatient

Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 AM
katesmini
3rd Gear
Tyler's post count is now 3. He's here! Somewhere!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Shellbell
Be careful here and don't fall for this ploy. I bet his girlfriend is a genius scientist and she has made an exact replica of Tyler in cyborg form. Perhaps she really dug most of what Tyler could offer but decided to make a few tweaks and deletions by creating her perfect Tyler. Shellbell, did he have a slight oil smell about him or did he fail to use contractions? Or perhaps this is the body snatcher plot and this new Tyler is a pod person; everyone has to sleep sometime.
Still I'm hoping for the best but I think DNA testing is called for here before we just go off and announce Tyler's wellbeing.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by katesmini
Tyler's post count is now 3. He's here! Somewhere!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6&postcount=23

Appears someone has stolen his password and posted while pretending to by Tyler. That post was WAY too long-winded to be him. The saga continues.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Polklifer
1st Gear
New Member - First Mini

I just bought a 2007 Mini Cooper and discovered your forum. I should have done it the other way around but so it goes.

My choice was determined by a desire to find a vehicle that was fun to drive but also environmentally sound. This thing is much more exciting than a Honda Civic.

It's been enjoyable so far but the engine malfunction light came on at 340 miles so it goes back to the dealer today to see what's going on. I hope it turns out to be reliable since my wife gave ma a lot of grief about buying a "chick" car.

Craig

Quick Reply: HI.