1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MkV GTI owner; Soon-to-be MCS co-owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 12:00 AM
HSE
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MkV GTI owner; Soon-to-be MCS co-owner

Recently, I picked up a new Volkswagen GTI. I love it. Sorry, no pics but it's identical to this:

Well, my fiancee currently drives a 2000 Celica with 80,000+ miles and we just thought a new car for her was long overdue. She loves my GTI and she wanted something like it, but not quite. The Mini Cooper S was the first thing that came to mind. Luckily, I live just 5 minutes away from a BMW/MINI dealer, which happens to be the largest BMW/MINI dealership in world (yes, world ). So I took her over there, we test-drove it and, just by the grin on her cute little face, I could tell she was attached

Fortunately, I have a buddy who works on the BMW side of the dealership so he referred me to a great guy who really took care of us. There was absolutely no pressure. He just explained the key benefits of the car: design, performance, safety, gas mileage, 3yr/36k mile free maintenance, 4yr/50k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, and the list goes on. Basically, the car sold itself. To make a long story short: we did it! They hardly budged on the price (just $500 off) but, overall, we're very satisfied with the purchase price.

Here's what we ordered:
  • Chili Red with Black roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes
  • Premium Package
  • Sport Package (17" S-Lites)
  • AT w/Agitronic - she can drive manual, she just prefers automatic.
  • Black Leatherette
  • Arm rest
  • Chrome Line interior
  • Cockpit Chrono Pack
  • Chili Red interior surface
  • Anthracite headliner
  • Rear fog lamp
  • Harmon Kardon sound system

We'll be in Production Week 15 and hopefully have it in our driveway by early/mid-June. We can't wait! While I won't be the primary driver, rest assured I'll be sneaking out in it every now and then and I'll be a frequent visitor of the forums

Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really like the new GTI, but I'm liking my MINI just a bit more. You are one lucky fellow....2 great hot hatches in your yard. Life is good eh? Man are your neighbors going to be confused with 2 red rockets bombing around. Let the fun begin. Your girl has spec'ed out a very nice car. Getting $500 off list a good deal on a MINI. Most folks me included paid list for ours. Oh yes welcome to NAM HSE.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:26 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
welcome fellow dubber... im also converting from VW to mini as a daily driver.
My VW will become my project car.. but thats after i mod the mini.. lol

Old 04-01-2006, 06:05 PM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Welcome to the MINI world!