1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VDC/Truck Tracking question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:53 AM
ZenMINI3
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC/Truck Tracking question

I tried a search but came out empty handed. Is there any way I can find out how long my MINI will be at the Charleston VDC in NC? And Is there a way i can track the trucks progress that my MINI will be on? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:49 PM
loxycoon
3rd Gear
I'll tell you - I don't think WE can. Once it hits the VDC, all MINIs fall into the proverbial black hole. However (since I'm currently in this situation now) I stopped by my dealer the other day because the Owner's Lounge had changed my delivery date again. My MA logged into the computer and actually showed me his screen that had dates on it and truck information. He showed me it was still at the VDC and the truck it had been scheduled for, well, all he knew was it didn't make it on and it was waiting for the next truck. It might have given more information, but he didn't let us browse at it for too long.

So my advice - log on to the Owner's Lounge and click on the "order detail" button. A delivery date should now be posted. If it sounds crazy, go down to your dealer and talk to them.

Good luck - I know it's hard and it sucks, but at least you know all of us (nearly) have been there, too!

Old 07-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Funk_Flex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by loxycoon
So my advice - log on to the Owner's Lounge and click on the "order detail" button. A delivery date should now be posted. If it sounds crazy, go down to your dealer and talk to them.
My delivery date on my owner's lounge page says July 22nd. Even though the date is only a estimate, I'm guessing that's highly optimistic. According to W&W's tracking page, my car was off-loaded from the ship on July 21st.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:59 AM
RenaultF1
4th Gear
Definitely call your dealer...they have better info than the Owner's Lounge.

The day my MCS arrived at the VDC the Owner's Lounge showed a delivery date of about a week later. However, the next day, my MA called and told me that he thought my car would be at the dealership that day...and he called me 2 hours later and told me it had arrived (so my car wasn't even at the VDC for 24 hours). The delivery date on the OL was something like 3-5 days different from what actually happened.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:40 PM
ZenMINI3
2nd Gear
Hey everyone, thanks for the help. My estimated date for delivery changed from the 23 to the 26 recently. So RenaultF1, if the same holds true for me, I should have my baby in about a week! Im thinking the homestretch is the worst part .