1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post!! (but long time reader of the site)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 01:02 PM
cpraser
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Post!! (but long time reader of the site)

Hey All,

I've been a long time reader of the site. But finally decided to post my first.

Bought my MINI last year and I am so happy that I did. I have many chioces of cars on my list but MINI was up there on the top of my list. (BMW 3 series/ A4/ G35 coupe/MCS) After test drove the MCS, I fell in love with it right then and there. I ended up with a used late 2003 MCS because of the price that I couldn't resist. It has only 10k miles on it and the price was under $20k. Has all the options except for the Nav. Sysytem. I was a Xmas present to myself. The girl that sold it to me needed cash to adopt a child. I feel bad for her but it worked toward my advantage.

Since then I had a few things done to it (with help from Turner MotorSports) — Alta CAI / 15% Pulley / Shark Injector software kit / Fire Braid" Wire Set / Remus Exhaust and a few interior stuff including the iPod kit. Now my MCS runs around 200 hp (The first time I drove the car I got a big smile on my face). The sound of the engine is just AWESOME!! I went with Remus because it has just enough Varoom to it since I also enjoy music in the car.

I probably will keep the exterior pretty stock since I like to see faces of these people whose picked on car that they think is cute and has no power. I encountered one of these people 2 weeks ago. It was priceless to see his face when I passed him. He has a Neon Green Civic that looks like it could be from The Fast and the Furious movie. I was in front at the light and he came to a stop to my right looking over and revs his engine and stuff.... I got a big EVIL grin on my face thinking...hahah my first VICTIM!!! Green light..... I took off like bat out of hell and that was the end of it, he was eating the dust behind me. I came to a stop at the next light but this time he pulls behind me instead eventhough there was a space right beside me. I guess he didn't want to see me laugh at his race-car-wanna-be (I think he spent his money only on the exterior).

I probably will add a few more mods to the car in the next few months. Man... I can't get enough of it.

So.... here is it, my first post. Thanks to MINI I am now a HAPPY Motorist every time I get in my MCS.

Pictures to follow soon.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Kellzir
4th Gear
Hey welcome to NAM. That is a great Christmas gift to buy yourself. How do you like your 15% Pulley?

Old 06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
cpraser
2nd Gear
I love it!! I don't know how 17% and 19% are but I didn't want to push the engine too much so I went with the 15%.

Originally Posted by Kellzir
Hey welcome to NAM. That is a great Christmas gift to buy yourself. How do you like your 15% Pulley?

Old 06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Fantastic story! I sooooo can't wait until August....

Old 06-15-2005, 02:30 PM
cpraser
2nd Gear
You need one of those electronic count down sign with red LEDs.

I know you gonna love it!!!

Originally Posted by rollermonkey
Fantastic story! I sooooo can't wait until August....

Old 06-15-2005, 02:33 PM
holdenontoit
6th Gear
hey cpraser

just a few words of caution 1) the moderators on this site enforce a policy of discouraging street racing of any kind- take it to the track and get it out of your system there, and 2) the police are just dying to get their hands on you and make an example of you in court with this kind of behavior. Welcome to Nam and remember "on ramps are foreplay." yeah, yeah, I know it's hard to resist.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:41 PM
cpraser
2nd Gear
I am looking into some tracks around here so I can get it out of my system.
That was the one and only time in the last 6 months. No plan to make it a habit.... (only if I someone trying to be a smartass.. that's all)

Thanks for the warning :smile: