1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here I am...

Old 12-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Malia
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here I am...

Here I am and I can't exactly say why. In the market for my first MCS, but have to make a solid presentation in order to get the backing of my partner in crime... anyways, part research, part fun! Have had some frustration with forums in the past, but feeling this one seems pretty harmless, well maybe not to my wallet... but otherwise safe!

Old 12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome. :smile:

What kind of information are you looking for that would help you make your case and get the on a MINI?

We're here to help.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:59 PM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
Ooo! Oooo! Ooooo! I knew my role as an enabler would come in handy someday. Just tell me what you want and I'll figure out a way to sell it to your partner in crime!

Welcome, and as the Borg says, Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Old 12-18-2004, 12:30 PM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep the regular MINI Cooper in mind, too! Better gas miliage, quicker ordering time, and all the same goodies are available!

But, don't think the convincing ends here... next you need to make a case for wheels, engine mods, custom body work, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Just don't settle for a Civic or some other cookie-cutter sedan...

MOTOR!

Old 12-18-2004, 12:50 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Malia and welcome! I think you'll find NAM to be a pretty friendly place (...also pretty wacky @ times). There's a wealth of information here, so doing a search is an important thing to learn. In any case...feel free to ask any questions you want. I think we all know how crazy wading through models, options, packages, colors, mods can be. Expect a wide range of opinions, though, because every MINI is unique. In the end, all the agonizing (and fun) decisions are yours...I think we all agree on that. You'll find a pretty sympathetic audience here I think. Good luck!!

Old 12-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Malia
Neutral
too too sweet

As my African friends say, "sweet monkey, i like this too too much!" lol, thank you everyone for replying to my post. During my last year at college I purchased a Toyota Corolla, just because my internships would include some transporting... anyways, I've been very happy with her reliability (yes, she's a girl.) But, now I need a change. I enjoyed searching the various posts, and have already used some of my new found info in conversations. Wonderful, ha ha ha!

Old 12-21-2004, 04:41 AM
haskindmh
2nd Gear
The most influential argument for the purchase of a MINI is a test drive. My wife was totally opposed to the MINI until we drove one. She was amazed at how comfortable, roomy, and solid feeling a small car could be. After that, all that was left was choosing options and deciding on a color!