1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Mini world.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:36 PM
The_Kehoes Yolo
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New to the Mini world.

Hey everyone. New to the world of Minis my current Mini is a 2008 Mini Clubman S with around 160,000 miles on the clock. Bought it for what I think was a reasonable price of $3500 It has good service history. I'm just getting into doing some more needed service. Just did a new oil change, replaced the plugs and installed new Bavarian Motorsport coil packs. Next weekend I'll be replacing the timing chain, and guides just waiting on the BMW tool to replace the front crankshaft seal to arrive. I love the car and the way it handles and accelerates from a stop, my only dislike is that it feels a little out of breath toward the higher end of the RPM range as if the turbo is just maxing out on what it can handle. So I'm going to be looking for ways to get more power out of the car. I don't want or need a 400 HP Mini I simply want to be able to keep up with some of the modern V8s on the freeway. I sold my Subaru project so I have funds to put into my new Mini, but I'm hoping to keep it to within the $6000 budget range. I'm an excellent mechanic, but any machining I will have to outsource. Any advice is appreciated, from people that have been along this same type venture with their Mini turbo. Thanks in advance.

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (06-20-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 04:54 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM!
Congrats on your Mini purchase!
How about a few pics for us to see!
Power upgrades are easy enough. Larger turbo (old one may be worn out) can be installed, waste gate can be added and electronic tuning are some of the few upgrades that can be done, cost effectively!