1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from Riverside, CA (2010 Cooper S)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Ketchup
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi from Riverside, CA (2010 Cooper S)

Hi all.
I was "forced" into getting a 2010 Cooper S automatic. It has just under 53K miles on it.

Really nice shape and a 30-day warranty from CarMax.
Two issues I'm having them fix (100% covered by them!)..

The tachometer doesn't work and the airbag warning is on. Hopefully they can fix these issues quickly. The car runs great, no leaks, really fun.

My last car was a 2008 Mazdaspeed3. It had 186K miles on it and the con rod in cylinder #4 chose to part ways with the rest of his buddies and blow a hole through the block and oil pan. Estimated repair was going to be almost $10K.

So I was able to pick up this little guy in Pepper White with a black roof (dual sun roofs) and black stripes. This thing is like a go-kart!

Old 02-02-2017, 04:24 PM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
Any pictures?

Old 02-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Ketchup
2nd Gear
"Pepper" ...

The airbag warning and the "triangle" warning. I tried to clear the warning message, but there weren't any. :-(

Old 02-03-2017, 03:10 AM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
Nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:37 AM
savagetone
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ketchup
"Pepper" ...

The airbag warning and the "triangle" warning. I tried to clear the warning message, but there weren't any. :-(

get the Mini assistant app on Android or IOS it comes in handy about all MINIs

Welcome to NAM the Airbag light can be reset by the dealer easily if their isn't a problem and the yellow triangle is the service airbag system warning light Motor on she is a beauty

Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 AM
savagetone
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by savagetone
Welcome to NAM the Airbag light can be reset by the dealer easily if their isn't a problem and the yellow triangle is the service airbag system warning light Motor on she is a beauty

get the MINI assistant app it's $2 on Android or IOS and comes in handy updated always and includes all makes and models of MINIsMotor on

Old 02-03-2017, 06:03 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Hopefully, this was not a wrecked car or has issues with the footwell module or anything since the tach and the airbag light is on. Let us know what happens and congrats on the New MINI

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Ketchup
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Hopefully, this was not a wrecked car or has issues with the footwell module or anything since the tach and the airbag light is on. Let us know what happens and congrats on the New MINI
The carfax reported that it had never been in an accident. Also any repairs are covered 100% by CarMax for the first 30 days so they will fix it all.

It is so much fun. Never thought an automatic tranny could make for fun driving.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:29 PM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
I agree it's easy to reset the airbag light...dealer will be able to do it in a flash. There are also handheld code scanners that have the capability to reset the the airbag light as well.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:45 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi Ketchup,
Welcome to nam. There is lots of help here with your mini!
Nice looking pepper white S.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Minime84
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the NAM. Great looking car by the way I have always loved white on the Mini's.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Ketchup
2nd Gear
So after CarMax fixed the tach, they had to send it to the local dealer for the airbag light. All good.

The following week I took it to the local Mini Mechanic (Coast Motor Werk) and they said some seals were "wet". The dealer also noted this. So, I took it back in and had them replace:
- Front main seal
- Valve cover
- Oil pan gasket
- Turbo inlet pipe

Now I found that the AC vent controls are intermittent at controlling where the air comes out (feet/face/defrost). Have an appointment to get that fixed, too.

These were all under warranty so no cost. Hopefully everything will be good for quite some time since the 30 day warranty will be gone soon.

Someone on Reddit said that 50K was the point that these start having issues. I hope that is just a generalization.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:18 PM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Ketchup
So after CarMax fixed the tach, they had to send it to the local dealer for the airbag light. All good.

The following week I took it to the local Mini Mechanic (Coast Motor Werk) and they said some seals were "wet". The dealer also noted this. So, I took it back in and had them replace:
- Front main seal
- Valve cover
- Oil pan gasket
- Turbo inlet pipe

Now I found that the AC vent controls are intermittent at controlling where the air comes out (feet/face/defrost). Have an appointment to get that fixed, too.

These were all under warranty so no cost. Hopefully everything will be good for quite some time since the 30 day warranty will be gone soon.

Someone on Reddit said that 50K was the point that these start having issues. I hope that is just a generalization.
Thanks for the update...I'm glad to hear that you're getting those items fixed for no cost! Enjoy your new ride!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Glad it was covered.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172