1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Roadster S Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:25 PM
itsky
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini Roadster S Owner

I just picked up a 2013 Mini Roadster S on Thursday. I was originally looking at just a hardtop, but saw this one local to me and I couldn't resist. This is my first Mini.

I used to have quite a few Chrysler Crossfires (still have an SRT-6) in the past, but I wanted something different.

I'm very happy with the car so far. I did a full clay, polish, and wax on Friday to correct some of the paint issues. The top seems to be in great order. I will need to clean it and treat it. I used to use 303 products in the past on my convertible Crossfires and I assume the 303 products will still work on the Mini Roadster.

Now I am looking for a cover the car as it may have to be parked outside a lot in the hot AZ sun. I saw a cover for the Coupe on Amazon and miniusa.com, but I wasn't sure if it would also fit the Roadster or not. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:32 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to Minidom!! Nice Roadster find, especially in red with JCW body kit. Looks like you're getting it back to spec, lots of work done already. 303 works for top as does a product called Ragg Topp. Just use something, especially with that strong AZ sun.

The Coupe cover will fit the Roadster pretty well. Definitely keep it shaded when you can. If it's going to be outside, look into a cover made for outdoors... usually more layers. Post up some pictures when you get a chance!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM and congratulations! Check out our Coverking car cover options HERE. They're extremely well made and we use them on all of our in house vehicles. They're all custom made to order. You have a lot of different pricing options to pick from. Also, if you're wanting to check out other car care products, we have a lot to pick from HERE. Adam's, Checmical Guys, and Griots are all very popular choices. I use the Adam's detail spray every time I wash my car. You spray it on while it's still wet and then towel dry it. Let me know if you have any questions.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 02-26-2016, 06:35 AM
itsky
1st Gear
I did manage to find a Mini cover off of Amazon. It said it was for the Coupe, but works fine on the roadster.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:16 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,767 Posts
Yep, I want that for my R58 JCW. Used to be $450, they are now ~ $280 82152219354 Yes fits coupe and roadster

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...endations.html

Looks great

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-26-2016, 09:29 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Your Mini still needs one of those E-Z up tents over it to keep the noon Arizona sun from burning your nice cover! Or at least a reflective cover to keep the Mini stretch cover from melting to the paint in the Summer heat.

Really like that cover, though!

Old 02-26-2016, 12:53 PM
itsky
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
Your Mini still needs one of those E-Z up tents over it to keep the noon Arizona sun from burning your nice cover! Or at least a reflective cover to keep the Mini stretch cover from melting to the paint in the Summer heat.

I get to park it in the garage about half the time. My girlfriend is a nurse and on the days she works, the Mini is in the garage.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:50 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Better yet, I see a nice decorative pergola type structure next to that driveway between the Palo Verde and the gate/fence where the Mini would be shaded and out of the way when it's time to bring the Crossfire out of the garage!

Just ask me, I'm full of expensive ideas!

Old 02-26-2016, 02:11 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,767 Posts

Yea , in the sun the cover must get hot and stretch a bit in AZ. I know cars get hot in vegas touching the steering wheel

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-26-2016, 02:17 PM
itsky
1st Gear
Better yet, I see a nice decorative pergola type structure next to that driveway between the Palo Verde and the gate/fence where the Mini would be shaded and out of the way when it's time to bring the Crossfire out of the garage!

Just ask me, I'm full of expensive ideas!
I bet!