1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 07:00 AM
mnypny
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Looks like it is time to start a 2013 support group since I was just given my production number this weekend.
Ordered a 2013 convertible S. Pepper White, toffee lounge leather with toffee interior trim. piano black dash.
Sport pkg w/conical spokes and blk bonnet stripes, cold weather pkg, Harmon Kardon, blk headlamp housings, center armrest, rear fog lamp, all season tires.
It looks like my build week is the 27th week which puts me in the beginning of July.
MA thinks I will be looking at delivery near the middle of August.
Here are the things I learned while discussing the build with my MA over the last month.
Hot chocolate leather is no longer available.
Has been replaced with Toffee.
Bluetooth is now free.
Satellite radio is now a $250 charge.
Keep in mind these are certainly not all of the changes.
These are just what my MA came across in their computer system while trying to build my particular car.
They do not have final pricing at this point.
Starting to get excited already. I will be a wreck by August.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:14 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Congrats on the 2013! I just bought a 2012 MCS on the 7th (last week), I take delivery of it this coming week. I was going to wait for the 2013's but;

A: I'm impatient
B: My local dealership didn't has used all of their available order slots already for the first run of 2013's, so I would have to wait until almost the end of the year to take delivery of the 2013.
C: My current car gets horrid gas mileage, every month that I continue to drive it, it is costing me in excess of $500 for fuel.
D: I got what I feel is a pretty decent amount off the price of the car because they wan't to get rid of the 2012's

Can't wait to see what other changes are made to the 2013's

Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM
mnypny
1st Gear
I am not getting the impression there will be a lot of changes this year at all.
Just a few packaging differences. I am also very impatient which is going to make the wait extremely painful.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
After two sub-par experiences at local mini dealerships I stopped by Princeton Mini and I'm happy to say it was a much better experience. My 2013 is now on order!

Like your experience they don't have final options/packages or pricing yet and I expect to hear back from them with that info in a week or two. Looking at delivery in mid-late August. How long did it take to get your production number?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
mnypny
1st Gear
I placed my order on 05/21/2012. My MA told me he would know in the beginning of June if those orders would be 2012 or 2013 vehicles. I told him I "MIGHT" be willing to wait until July to order if that would be a 2013. I was informed about a week ago it would be a 2013 and my build was moved from priority 3 to priority 1 with a production number on Saturday, 06/08/2012.
I have family in Princeton, but never considered buying from there. But my experience at Mini of Cincinnati has been pleasant up until this point.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:33 PM
lynnie858
Neutral
I'm in the early stages of buying my first MCS and trying to decide whether to order now (dealerships are telling me current orders around the Bay Area are for 2012) or to wait until the end of July/early August and hope to find a good deal in inventory (also been told that 2013's won't even come until Sept). My main reason to wait is color.

I've searched all over and it seems that 2013 colors are unknown. Someone here wrote that there might be only one or two color changes, but one color change could make a huge difference! I'd hate to order a MCS 2012 in a week only to discover Horizon Blue was brought back for the 2013s Anyone have more information regarding the next color options or when this will be known for sure?

Old 06-19-2012, 06:40 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
OMG, I completely understand, I was in the exact same boat. I'm not thrilled at the current colors and ended up ordering a 2013. If a new color becomes available I'll have the ability to change the order before it hits production. So far, the only changes that my MA has told me about was the change to the BT and satellite radio. I'm going to give him a call in another day or so to check in to see how things are going with the order. I'll let you know if I hear anything about new colors (I'm personally hoping for Kite Blue),

Unless your dealers out there are giving you a good deal for a 2012, I'd hold out for the 2013. It's a matter of a week or two delay, and it will add more value to your resale someday. BTW, I had a dealer tell me he couldn't order a 2013 and best case it would be Sept... It was a sales technique pushing me towards getting a car they had in stock. He called me the next day offering to place an order for a 2013... I told him to pound sand and ordered from a different dealer.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Thanks for the link. It's so annoying they are going to limit Kite Blue to the JCW...

Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 PM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffs2
OMG, I completely understand, I was in the exact same boat. I'm not thrilled at the current colors and ended up ordering a 2013. If a new color becomes available I'll have the ability to change the order before it hits production. So far, the only changes that my MA has told me about was the change to the BT and satellite radio. I'm going to give him a call in another day or so to check in to see how things are going with the order. I'll let you know if I hear anything about new colors (I'm personally hoping for Kite Blue),

Unless your dealers out there are giving you a good deal for a 2012, I'd hold out for the 2013. It's a matter of a week or two delay, and it will add more value to your resale someday. BTW, I had a dealer tell me he couldn't order a 2013 and best case it would be Sept... It was a sales technique pushing me towards getting a car they had in stock. He called me the next day offering to place an order for a 2013... I told him to pound sand and ordered from a different dealer.
I can tell you your SA and MA can only guess and listen to rumors. 99 out of 100 do not have real details of a model year update.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
lynnie858
Neutral
Thanks for the info, everyone! Would love any news on colors when you hear Kite Blue would have been exciting too.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MrCooperS
I can tell you your SA and MA can only guess and listen to rumors. 99 out of 100 do not have real details of a model year update.
At this point the mini dealers should have all the info on the 2013 cars. The info on the model updates have also been posted on the miniusa site. I don't fault an MA for not having all the answers, but when I drive 2 hours round trip to see a dealer and the MA doesn't bother to even check to see what can/can't be done while I'm there, I take issue with it. He clearly had no issue getting the answers once I left, just didn't bother making an effort while I was there.

On a positive note, I received my production number today. Yay! While I haven't been thrilled with the pre-sales support (at 2/3 dealers), their post sales support is phenomenal. Exactly the opposite of Caterham, which had great pre-sales support, but currently doesn't know where my car is. It was built 2 1/2 months ago, but all they can tell me is that its in a crate...somewhere...hopefully on a boat.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
lynnie858
Neutral
I've read some older posts (for 2011's) about what a good discount off MSRP is for an ordered car. I'm curious if that's changed at all lately, and I know it really varies based on location and month. But what do you guys think is a good discount for a 2013 order?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
It also varies a lot by model. From what I could gather from the MAs that I've talked to, I wouldn't expect much off of a coupe or roadster, maybe $250-$500 for a conv/hardtop, and more for a clubman/countryman (potentially up to $1000).

Old 06-22-2012, 01:53 PM
lynnie858
Neutral
Hmmm okay great thanks!

Old 06-22-2012, 02:33 PM
MalibuEmmy
Neutral
Does anyone know what the cost of the new Technology package is for the new 2013 Hardtop? "Technology package now includes Sirius Satellite radio, Comfort Access in addition to the existing MINI Connected feature. A center armrest (with integrated iPhone adapter pre-wiring) is also included."

We were looking to buy a 2012 and wanted the sunroof, bluetooth and armrests. It seems like going with a '13 makes the most financial sense since the new models come with Bluetooth and the "new Premium package ($1,250) includes the three most-popular options—a Dual-pane panoramic sunroof, Automatic wipers and Automatic climate control. Bundled together, they offer a $500 discount."

Any feedback? I'm a newbie MINI wanabe!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
minineen
1st Gear
I've been in the process of ordering a 2013 Mini Roadster...we're been talking with the dealer, paid a down payment and secured financing but because of the timing of the 2013 release we haven't gone final on the order specs. When we were looking at the package options I opted for the Premium Package which includes Comfort Access. We decided to opt out of the Technology Package because we are overseas stationed in Italy and wouldn't be able to use the Nav or Sirius. Now I see from the MY 2013 updates that Comfort Access is part of the Technology Package. Does anyone know if that is now no longer part of the Premium Package for 2013? I am going to be pretty bummed if I am going to have to pay extra for that feature as either a stand alone option or as part of package I didn't really want/need.

PS - I'll be getting a Pepper White Roadster, S Model, polar beige color line and seats with the striped alloy dash details. Dying with excitement. I've already secured a July production date so I should be tearing around by August at the latest! I can't wait!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
BLKJCK
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally ready for my first post. Ordered a 2013 on 16 Jun it is MCS Midnight Black with sport, cold weather and premium 2 package (that is how it is listed on the dealer inquiry report). Got H/K sound, black headlight housings, anthracite headliner, and rear fogs as the missing toggle on the dash would drive me nuts. Good news is OL changed from on order to scheduled for production today.

The premium 2 package for 2013 is listed as ZP2 and comes with dual pane panoramic sunroof(403), rain sensor and auto headlights(521) plus automatic climate control(534). The dealer didnt mention if there was a premium package 1 hope this info helps you minineen.

Last edited by BLKJCK; 06-27-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 AM
minineen
1st Gear
Congrats on the new order, BLKJCK! Sounds like a beauty! Thanks for the info - I'm pretty sure that the premium package options for the Roadster are different since I can't see needing the dual pane roof on the soft-top. Still waiting to hear from the dealer - anyone know when the new prices/options will update on the miniusa web site?

Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
BLKJCK
1st Gear
Sorry I was so excited I didnt fully digest your post and totally missed the Roadster. Good luck with your order and I hope everything works out for you.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
2013 support... or MINI Anonymous? Sign me up. I've got about 8 weeks of waiting for MC that I ordered tonight: Baker Steet package with a few tiny add-on items of white turn signals, rear fog light, and arm rest.

WOOT!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
BLKJCK
1st Gear
Well just hung up with ASK MINI it appears that my MCS actually started production on the 25th of June and is scheduled to be completed 3 July I guess the OL is a little behind.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Congratulations BLKJCK - you're car will be here before you know it!

Some of us will be sitting here biting our nails for a few weeks longer than you.
Right now, the OL info on my production number shows a car that the dealer ordered for the lot. In the next few days it's supposed to update in description to the configuration I ordered. It's way too soon for me to start nail-biting.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM
BLKJCK
1st Gear
mnypny any movement on your order yet figured I would ask as we both have week 27 orders and mine has started production?

Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 PM
tab
2nd Gear
Hi All
Adding a new mini to the family, my 06 cooper s is getting a sibling 2013
hardtop s bayswater package is now scheduled for produciton...
How do you see the build dates?
Thanks
TAB

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group