1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Clubman Regret.....advice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
sheilasclubman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini Clubman Regret.....advice?

I have had my MINI clubman about a month, at first I was going to trade my Mini Cooper for a Countryman...the dealership had only one in stock and I bought it originally but then they told me I needed to get a rent a car because it had an issue and needed a part ordered plus it had 100 miles of test drives on it...so i drove the rent a car back and wanted my mini cooper back worried I was possibly buying a lemon countryman that already had a problem brand new.
The manager and I talked and he told me there was a special going on with Mini cooper hardtop and clubman with a better interest rate...only thing is the clubman I wanted had about 6000.00 in features that I wasnt sure I needed but definatey I needed the extra space I have a 21 month old and 7 year old that I do the dailly school/sitter transport.

I am having a heck of a time getting my kiddo into the car seat in the recommended spot (behind driver's seat ) and Im wondering if I can trade it in for the countryman...I just emailed the dealarship and so far no response...

I want to trade it before I lose any more money making the monthly and then just getting the countryman next year anyways....any suggestions??

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 AM
greentimemachine
2nd Gear
Britax makes a child seat specifically for small cars. I have one in my MCS cabrio. Works perfectly.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Brisby
3rd Gear
Most dealers will let you return a vehicle in a couple months, if there isn't a drastic change in mileage/condition. Doesn't hurt to ask them.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 AM
InTheClub
2nd Gear
What is the problem you are having with the car seat? Maybe we can help you solve it?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 AM
sheilasclubman
1st Gear
Thanks everyone....the dealarship emailed me saying it may cost me 4-6k to get into the countryman (not sure how thats possible since my clubman is more expensive than any countryman on the lot)....
I ended up gping back to the baby store and having them remove the car seat to the club side door side and it is now easy to get my little one in and out. I really love the clubman but its definately a challenge to get kids out of behind drivers side (especially a 32lb toddler).
Also I read reviews on the countryman, I did not know it is the same engine with an additonal 500+lbs of weight on the car so may not be as nimble as my little clubman.
Nothing beats the mini cooper for driving around the city especially here in Hawaii. Parks easily, zips here and there....If I really ever will get a 4 door, there are so many more brands to choose from....Im just going to stick with this car for now.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 AM
sheilasclubman
1st Gear
Here is the car seat I have in the car. I have to have it proffessionally installed as I could not do it myself.

Attached Thumbnails New Mini Clubman Regret.....advice?-recaro-young-sport-booster-car-seat.jpg  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sheilasclubman
Thanks everyone....the dealarship emailed me saying it may cost me 4-6k to get into the countryman (not sure how thats possible since my clubman is more expensive than any countryman on the lot)....
I think they're basically saying they can't do some kind of switch for you. They'll basically buy your clubman from you - you'll eat up used car depreciation, taxes, etc. and then re-buy a new car. I would certainly not do it under those terms. I would discuss with the dealership if there's any way they can accommodate by scratching the old deal, taking the car back, and starting a fresh one with the countryman.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
mikeyb74
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sheilasclubman
Here is the car seat I have in the car. I have to have it proffessionally installed as I could not do it myself.
You know you can go to either local police or fire department where they will show you how to install it.