1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:55 AM
BRGminime
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CThoma031
Oh yes please do and well I thought the turn signal are in the same houseing as the Xenons but the fog lights are way way down on the lower bumper, and there are lenses down there that i can see unless i am mistaken and those are the turn signals
Cthoma - The lower lenses thast you see below the bumper are the parking lights and daytime running lights. If the fog light options is purchased then the lenses are split inside to have both.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
steelersfan thanks yeah the cars are almost the same but it doesnt have my Xenon headlamps

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BRGminime
Cthoma - The lower lenses thast you see below the bumper are the parking lights and daytime running lights. If the fog light options is purchased then the lenses are split inside to have both.
Hey thanks the is very informative, you know your stuff thats for sure!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
steelersfan thanks yeah the cars are almost the same but it doesnt have my Xenon headlamps
Good catch! I'm sure you noticed immediately.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Good catch! I'm sure you noticed immediately.
I did I was like psh not mine but the other was so I was happy

Old 05-30-2009, 09:14 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jimmieshear
Steelers! Awesome photos, looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! :-)

My dealer called me yesterday telling me my car should be in on Sunday? Not sure I believe him LOL. Either way I'm sure lots of us on the west coast will be introduced to our new babies next week.
Thanks! And you're welcome. Sorry I didn't see your car.

Your car ready for delivery on Sunday? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! But, yeah, it sounds like a stretch. Do you have any PDC or dealer installed options? That would definitely slow things down a bit.

EDIT: I see you got driving lamps. Are they installing them or are you? If they are Sunday is definitely questionable. Sorry.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:26 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
SteelersFan,

Great pictures and great trip report! I am amazed that they let you wander around with the new cars like that. Pleased, but amazed!

Next week I expect a lot of happy MINI owners will be getting phone calls from their MAs!

Have a good weekend everybody,

Brad

Old 05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bradw
SteelersFan,

Great pictures and great trip report! I am amazed that they let you wander around with the new cars like that. Pleased, but amazed!

Next week I expect a lot of happy MINI owners will be getting phone calls from their MAs!

Have a good weekend everybody,

Brad
Thanks! Sorry I didn't see yours. I was amazed as well especially when the guide said "Go ahead, open it". They were all unlocked and had the keys just sitting there on the seat.

I have already been emailing my MA many times this morning getting things scheduled. Get this: there is a small chance that I will see my car arrive at the dealer on the truck! I am going in Monday morning to bring our other MINI in for service as well as to sign papers on the new one unless we know ahead of time that it won't be there until later in the week. This would be another unexpected first for me. I guess my timing, er, luck is pretty good with this car.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:40 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
So anyone else got anything aftermarket they are putting on their car???

Old 05-30-2009, 12:55 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
So anyone else got anything aftermarket they are putting on their car???
I'm thinking about springs and low dust brake pads and maybe painting the calipers red.

Oh, and these stickers:

"Steelers"
"Preshrunk"
"Cal Poly SLO Dad" (my daughter goes there along with the rest of my money )
"SCMM.org" (our car club)

Old 05-30-2009, 02:03 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
I'm thinking about springs and low dust brake pads and maybe painting the calipers red.

Oh, and these stickers:

"Steelers"
"Preshrunk"
"Cal Poly SLO Dad" (my daughter goes there along with the rest of my money )
"SCMM.org" (our car club)
Not bad I got the typical "ACTUAL SIZE" sticker and for the sunroof wind deflector I got "Please Move Over >>>" and maybe getting a whalen shifter

Old 05-30-2009, 03:06 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Not bad I got the typical "ACTUAL SIZE" sticker and for the sunroof wind deflector I got "Please Move Over >>>" and maybe getting a whalen shifter
I've got the "Actual Size" on the (now) wife's MCa so I wanted to do something different.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:09 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Yeah I wanted to do the "PULL TO INFLATE" but my tow hook is being used to hold my license plate instead of a hook I didnt want holes drilled into it

Old 05-30-2009, 04:36 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
CT: where did you get the holder and are you happy with it?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:52 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
CT: where did you get the holder and are you happy with it?
I got it from GoMiniGo.com and I am please with it it seems like good quality stuff although I don't have a mini to attach it to yet to see what it is actually like, but so far very good quality!

Edit: if you get one make sure you get 2007 or newer mini option so you get one that fits!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:16 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
I got it from GoMiniGo.com and I am please with it it seems like good quality stuff although I don't have a mini to attach it to yet to see what it is actually like, but so far very good quality!

Edit: if you get one make sure you get 2007 or newer mini option so you get one that fits!
I have thought about doing the tow hook plate bracket but considered it a bit expensive for what you get but that's me. So far I have gone 20 months without a front license plate without issue. <knock on wood> I plan to do the same with the new car.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:20 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
I have thought about doing the tow hook plate bracket but considered it a bit expensive for what you get but that's me. So far I have gone 20 months without a front license plate without issue. <knock on wood> I plan to do the same with the new car.

Yeah I have decided to play it safe i mean $55 instead of a lot more for a ticket, I say this because after my last ticket ( reckless driving and reckless endangerment) it left me a little over $4500 in the hole and I got all of the jail time deferred

Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
good thing you didn't get an S!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:38 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
good thing you didn't get an S!
Sorry, but this made me LOL.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
sorry CT-- i meant no disrespect!!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:43 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Sorry, but this made me LOL.
Oh yeah how about this the cop that pulled me over was riding a pedal bike.....

Old 05-30-2009, 06:10 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Oh yeah how about this the cop that pulled me over was riding a pedal bike.....
Sorry again. That made me LOL even louder and longer!!! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. It seems as though you have gotten over it, at least a little. I hope my laughter has not offended. You're a good sport!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:52 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Sorry again. That made me LOL even louder and longer!!! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. It seems as though you have gotten over it, at least a little. I hope my laughter has not offended. You're a good sport!
Ive sooo gotten over it yeah he was well a couple choice words but tis ok so was the judge lol any ways since then ive managed to do alot of trouble without getting caught, its sad my mini's top speed is alot less then what i have gone

Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Ive sooo gotten over it yeah he was well a couple choice words but tis ok so was the judge lol any ways since then ive managed to do alot of trouble without getting caught, its sad my mini's top speed is alot less then what i have gone
If you like speed and agility without getting in trouble, have you tried auto-x? My husband finally did it a couple of months ago with his mini and loved it. You do not have to modify the car if you don't want to, as they have stock classes and modified classes. Gives a real adrenalin rush and the Mini's do quite well. I used a auto-x before I met my husband. It really taught me how to drive. Had a Datsun 260z back then. OK, so dating myself......

Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MRS JIMINNI
If you like speed and agility without getting in trouble, have you tried auto-x? My husband finally did it a couple of months ago with his mini and loved it. You do not have to modify the car if you don't want to, as they have stock classes and modified classes. Gives a real adrenalin rush and the Mini's do quite well. I used a auto-x before I met my husband. It really taught me how to drive. Had a Datsun 260z back then. OK, so dating myself......
No I haven't to be honest Ive been trying to look for something to do but who wouldn't wanna do it out on the streets with everyone else?? Naw I would like to but there isn't much up here in Washington, I just find old highways that no one uses the go around the mountains and use those

Quick Reply: Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?