1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:30 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's awesome. It must have been pretty surreal to get to see your car before it's even delivered. How fun!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
That is SOOOOOOO COOL AND guess what???

It was parked right next to MINE!!!
that make them cousins?!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lacynpiper
That's awesome. It must have been pretty surreal to get to see your car before it's even delivered. How fun!
Surreal indeed. I kept thinking: I know more about where my car is than my MA and for that matter, MINIUSA! I just wish I could have spent a little more time looking at all of the cars. I didn't find Janet's, Brad's, or Jimmie's. Sorry guys.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
that make them cousins?!
I'd say more like blood brothers.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Surreal indeed. I kept thinking: I know more about where my car is than my MA and for that matter, MINIUSA! I just wish I could have spent a little more time looking at all of the cars. I didn't find Janet's, Brad's, or Jimmie's. Sorry guys.
That's OK. Mine will have the factory aero like yours--I really like your color combo. I was originally going to go with red, but my current car is red and I wanted to be different... My MA thinks my car will be in Sacramento on 6/3--I am shooting for picking it up next Friday. Looks like I will be one of the last to get mine so I am banking on y'all to post photos so this week will go by faster for me.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Dup post.

Last edited by SteelersFan; 05-29-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
I'd say more like blood brothers.
hehe -- they are both red... though mine's darker so it's just out of the lungs where as yours is on the return trip!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Santacruzer
1st Gear
SteelersFan.

You are the BEST.. there is no doubt that is our baby... we are so excited...we now have her fist baby picture... Wahooooo... Thanks so munch...

Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Santacruzer
SteelersFan.

You are the BEST.. there is no doubt that is our baby... we are so excited...we now have her fist baby picture... Wahooooo... Thanks so munch...
You are too kind. It was my pleasure. There is no doubt your car will stand out even in a MINI crowd. Very unique and very beautiful!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Santacruzer
1st Gear
Can you tell us a bit how the port works... do they have an army of guys drive them off the ship? Are they then driven to the VDC or are they loaded on trucks? .... how far away is the VDC? ...noticed the badges..is security very tight?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:58 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Santacruzer
Can you tell us a bit how the port works... do they have an army of guys drive them off the ship? Are they then driven to the VDC or are they loaded on trucks? .... how far away is the VDC? ...noticed the badges..is security very tight?
Ah, yes. Very good questions.

As far as who drives the cars off the ship, I *think* it the ship's people not the port's but don't quote me on that. They leave them in a holding lot right next to the ship until they can be taken to the VDC. There is a video of this somewhere but I can't find it right now.

The VDC is only 1.7 miles away: http://maps.google.com/maps?lsm=1&da...11365,0.022745

What we were told (and saw) was a van full of people pull up to the cars and get out. They immediately got in, started the cars and drove them off. A couple of things to note here: 1) The people were said to be retirees who were trying to earn some extra money. They, of course had to have good driving records, etc. 2) The cars were already unlocked and had the keys in them. The van would then follow the car drivers to the VDC and bring them back to the port to repeat the process.

The security didn't seem very tight although we were always within speaking distance to our guide. There weren't any real gates or guards or many people around in general. We did have to go to the main office when we first arrived to sign in, get badges and meet the guide. From there we took a short drive (through a couple of parking lots) to the docks.

Also, when I first called to arrange things the gentleman asked me a series of questions to find out why an individual wanted to come to see the port. I finally admitted that I had a car on the ship arriving. That actually made him feel completely comfotable in allowing me to take the tour. He also took down my driver's license number. I don't think any of this was extreme in any way especially considering the times we live in. He was very nice and accomodating. He said they were trying to show the public how great the port is and was just happy to try to get some positive publicity.
Link to the PH site: http://www.portofhueneme.org/home.php

Old 05-30-2009, 03:31 AM
Nicoli
1st Gear
What an AMAZING thread - I am just catching this. Thanks a ton to those involved. I have a chrome mirrored, black crown spoke wheeled, interchange yellow convertible S, (no aero kit, but has a nav and most other options....pricey but im determined to love it you might have seen there. Has to be trucked up to NorthWest Mini in Tacoma, WA, which I heard yesterday from my MA will take 7-10 days. Awesome stuff. Was tough not being able to track this ship very well but am overjoyed to see it reached the port. Thanks a ton you guys! What good company "Mondo" had on his voyage!!

best wishes!! *salute*

Last edited by Nicoli; 06-01-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:04 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
STEELERSFAN!!!!!!!!!

Your the best let me be like the 5th to say that on here as far as i can tell thats my car 100% all matching options!! Now it just makes the drive all the wayup here SoOoOo long! Super excited, thanks again!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
More pics of cars in case the Flickr thing doesn't work.
Shoot I shouldnt had you look at the inside to see if it had my sport seats lol or take pics lol

Old 05-30-2009, 07:20 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CThoma031
STEELERSFAN!!!!!!!!!

Your the best let me be like the 5th to say that on here as far as i can tell thats my car 100% all matching options!! Now it just makes the drive all the wayup here SoOoOo long! Super excited, thanks again!
Thanks for the compliment! I know about being excited I couldn't hardly sleep last night!!!

I was able to zoom in on the original pic and can read the last 3 of the VIN. Is it 499? If so then that is definitely your car! I hope it is!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:22 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
Thanks for the compliment! I know about being excited I couldn't hardly sleep last night!!!

I was able to zoom in on the original pic and can read the last 3 of the VIN. Is it 499? If so then that is definitely your car! I hope it is!
So the last 3 is 499!!! But this is confusing i did not order fog lights?? Did i get a freebie or am i stupid and it comes with something else?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:28 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Nicoli
What an AMAZING thread - I am just catching this. Thanks a ton to those involved. I have a chrome mirrored, black crown spoke wheeled, interchange yellow convertible S, (no aero kit, but has a nav and most other options....pricey but im determined to love it you might have seen there. Has to be trucked up to NorthWest Mini in Tacoma, WA, which I heard yesterday from my MA will take 7-10 days. Awesome stuff. Was tough not being able to track this ship very well but am overjoyed to see it reached the port. Thanks a ton you guys! What good company "Mondo" had on his voyage!!

best wishes!! *salute*
This is an amazing thread! Where have you been? We have been lucky to capture so much of the ship and now the port! This stuff is very fun and addicting. I think it partly has to do with the "thrill of the hunt"! Then there's the exhileration knowing your car is on the ship!!!

I did notice a couple of IY verts but sadly I didn't take a close look, sorry.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:35 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear

Dont mean to post like 50 times could you get any more of the vin or just last 3?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
So the last 3 is 499!!! But this is confusing i did not order fog lights?? Did i get a freebie or am i stupid and it comes with something else?
I don't think it has the fr fogs. They come housed in the same opening as the front turn signals but in the lower half. I don't think I see them in there but time will tell.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Dont mean to post like 50 times could you get any more of the vin or just last 3?
I have the full last 7 but wasn't sure if you wanted me to post it. I will PM you...

Old 05-30-2009, 07:41 AM
CThoma031
3rd Gear
I have the full last 7 but wasan't sure if you wanted me to post it. I will PM you...
Oh yes please do and well I thought the turn signal are in the same houseing as the Xenons but the fog lights are way way down on the lower bumper, and there are lenses down there that i can see unless i am mistaken and those are the turn signals

Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Nicoli
1st Gear
This is an amazing thread! Where have you been? We have been lucky to capture so much of the ship and now the port! This stuff is very fun and addicting. I think it partly has to do with the "thrill of the hunt"! Then there's the exhileration knowing your car is on the ship!!!

I did notice a couple of IY verts but sadly I didn't take a close look, sorry.
lolol - I was trying vesseltracker.com which kept telling me the ship was outside its range or something, I don't know..hehe..been trying to get a lot done here before Mondo gets home 'cause I know I'll be MINI-silly for a long time after, and scatterbrained, and driving all over with a big floppy grin. There is a IY vert up here already I saw yesterday but was the previous version with raised anti-roll bars in back..I almost had a heart attack I was like OMGMONDO??? and then I was omg, OHhh...heheheee theres only a couple MINIs up in the little tiny town I live in near the Canadian border but seems like more lately!!

anyway..thanks a ton its all good!! You are amazing!! And my brother-in-law is from Pittsburgh! hehe

Last edited by Nicoli; 06-01-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Nicoli
lolol - I was trying vesseltracker.com which kept telling me the ship was outside its range or something, I don't know..hehe..been trying to get a lot done here before Mondo gets home 'cause I know I'll be MINI-silly for a long time after, and scatterbrained, and driving all over with a big floppy grin. There is a IY vert up here already I saw yesterday but was the previous version with raised anti-roll bars in back..I almost had a heart attack I was like OMGMONDO??? and then I was omg, OHhh...heheheee theres only a couple MINIs up in the little tiny town I live in near the Canadian border but seems like more lately!!

anyway..thanks a ton its all good!! You are amazing!! And my brother-in-law is from Pittsburgh! hehe
That's cool. And you're welcome!!! It has been a ton of fun doing all of this. Definitely a voyage to remember!!! And my wife has been amazing through all of this - very understanding and patient. Letting me take the time on the computer doing all the tracking and posting here, then dragging her out to the port yesterday. She did have fun and asked a lot of questions. She even took the amazing photos of the ship leaving! Normally she doesn't handle a camera very well but every one of those shots turned out perfectly!

You'd be surprised by how many people tell me they are either from there or Steelers fans or both!!! Eventually I want to move back.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Steelers! Awesome photos, looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! :-)

My dealer called me yesterday telling me my car should be in on Sunday? Not sure I believe him LOL. Either way I'm sure lots of us on the west coast will be introduced to our new babies next week.

Quick Reply: Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?