1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 AM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Thanks!!! And, yes, I am lovin' the aero kit! I thought I was going to need to lower the car to get rid of the wheel gap but somehow the aero kit sorta hides it so I may forego that mod. We'll see...

Lovin' your color combo as well!!! Aren't the leather/cloth seats awesome???

I agree---no need to lower it. Found out I cannot take it through my favorite car wash cuz it sits too low, so gave it its first bath today myself (oh, so not me ). The seats have a real comfortable fit to them--feels like a cockpit--very nice . Look at the difference in Jim's lowered '03 and mine. The new Mini's are also a little wider and longer.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-2minis.bmp  
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRS JIMINNI
I agree---no need to lower it. Found out I cannot take it through my favorite car wash cuz it sits too low, so gave it its first bath today myself (oh, so not me ). The seats have a real comfortable fit to them--feels like a cockpit--very nice . Look at the difference in Jim's lowered '03 and mine. The new Mini's are also a little wider and longer.
That was one of the first things I noticed in that picture. I'm planning on getting a picture of my dad's '05 and mine side by side as soon as he washes his.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Nicoli
1st Gear
I am so scatter-brained today I put my iPhone into the washing machine and it is now squeaky clean but non-functioning.

It might dry out, we'll see.

Anyway

Hi-Rez Mondo: Hi-Rez from today 6/6 but color is off, the image enhancement cloudy thing totally messed up the Interchange Yellow

edit: p.s. breaking 6 hours on openometer. actually havent driven with top closed yet. Going to see how long I can do that.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_0146.jpg   Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_0128.jpg   Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_0151.jpg  

Last edited by Nicoli; 06-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:23 PM
tw1112
2nd Gear
Done and Done! Just got back not long ago from picking up my Mini! Her nickname is Turtle in honor of a really good friend that I lost 3 years ago. My Turtle actually shares the exact birthday as my friend, therefore, I felt it was meant to be and perfect.

No real first day driving story yet as I just got home. I think we were there for a total of two hours. Plenty of joking around with Chris, my MA, about the wrong color or where are the JCW brakes you promised. All said and done, she is home now resting comfortably in the driveway for now.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_3250.jpg   Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_3256.jpg   Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_3260.jpg  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:25 PM
tw1112
2nd Gear
A couple more shots since I can only upload 3 at a time.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_3264.jpg   Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?-img_3266.jpg  
Old 06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tw1112
A couple more shots since I can only upload 3 at a time.

The white color line looks really good with the woodgrain. Very nice inside and out!

Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tw1112
Done and Done! Just got back not long ago from picking up my Mini! Her nickname is Turtle in honor of a really good friend that I lost 3 years ago. My Turtle actually shares the exact birthday as my friend, therefore, I felt it was meant to be and perfect.

No real first day driving story yet as I just got home. I think we were there for a total of two hours. Plenty of joking around with Chris, my MA, about the wrong color or where are the JCW brakes you promised. All said and done, she is home now resting comfortably in the driveway for now.
Turtle looks awesome!!! Congrats!!!

BTW, what area are you from and where did you purchase?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
hey everyone.. anyone else notice that as part of the "menu" there is a MINI-assist preprogrammed into the car?! My parents 08 does NOT have this feature!

also, anyone have a rough running engine? crud, he thinks...

some more notes: computer fun! all my readouts are now in GERMAN.

and, since I picked it up Thursday afternoon... my avg. MPG is 36.7!!!!

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 06-06-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:21 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
ALERT EVERYONE!!! PLEASE GO CHECK YOUR WINDSHIELD WIPER NOZZLES!!!!

mine dripped last night and have RUINED THE CLEAR COAT already just like on my parents 08.

IM PISSED!

there is one the size of half dollar on the bumper too.

they have to repaint the hood to fix it.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 06-06-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer

mine dripped last night and have RUINED THE CLEAR COAT already just like on my parents 08.

IM PISSED!

Sorry to barge into the thread, but... what? check them how? ruined the clear coat? Ack! What are they doing... just dripping like a normal nozzle might do? What would we do to prevent this... wipe the nozzles when getting home? That's a pain..
Sorry to hear about your hood!

Old 06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear

IM PISSED!

I had the same thing happen to my '07. The fronts dripped and left spot marks on the clear coat but it's not very noticeable. Sounds like your's is worse. Very sorry to hear that! I would really think hard before repainting. My experience tells me repaint would not be a better solution. Can the spots be buffed out?

BTW, only my rear has dripped on my new car so far and I am watching that continuously! Also, I had heard that the dripping from the fronts had been corrected with a check valve on production cars a long time ago but I guess not.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:38 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
I had the same thing happen to my '07. The fronts dripped and left spot marks on the clear coat but it's not very noticeable. Sounds like your's is worse. Very sorry to hear that! I would really think hard before repainting. My experience tells me repaint would not be a better solution. Can the spots be buffed out?

BTW, only my rear has dripped on my new car so far and I am watching that continuously! Also, I had heard that the dripping from the fronts had been corrected with a check valve on production cars a long time ago but I guess not.
it's about 1/2 x 2.25 inches. they tried to "buff out" my parents and wound up buffing down to the metal.

there's one on the bumper too the size of a silver dollar.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:40 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by erinbr
Sorry to barge into the thread, but... what? check them how? ruined the clear coat? Ack! What are they doing... just dripping like a normal nozzle might do? What would we do to prevent this... wipe the nozzles when getting home? That's a pain..
Sorry to hear about your hood!
just make sure if they are dripping you clean it up immediately

Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
i know this may sound trivial, but this is my 4th car in the last 3 years... i've had three lemon law buybacks so i was sooo looking forward to another new fun car and this just put a downer on the whole thing.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
just make sure if they are dripping you clean it up immediately
Definitely words to live by everyone!!! Make sure you check both front and back. Mine on the '07 eventually stopped weeping. I try to avoid using the jets if at all possible.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:06 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
We are still having issues with the garage door opener. We have a Genie opener that is about 7 years old and we had no issues getting our BMW to link up and it is supposed to be the same system. If anyone has it figured out, please let us know. Sorry to hear about the drippy nozzles. So far no issues here.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
i know this may sound trivial, but this is my 4th car in the last 3 years... i've had three lemon law buybacks so i was sooo looking forward to another new fun car and this just put a downer on the whole thing.
This is a fun car but there will be issues. My advice would be to not let the somewhat smaller issues take away from the enjoyment of the car. I know, I know: it's brand new and you shouldn't be running into problems but the reality is, obviously, you will. But remember: This car is still a blast to own! Hang in there!

I hope I have not down-played your concerns, that is not my intention. We all have our own expectations and it's up to each of us to decide how we deal with them. Good luck. Again, hang in there!!! We're here to listen and help.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:11 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
you haven't Steelers. It's just after three bad ones....

anyway, yes, it is a fun car and a blast (if a bit slow in clubbie-non s form!) but you can't beat the 36.7MPG i've avgd since i picked it up!
or the fact that everything is set to read out in German now! =) -- ganz ausgezeichnet!

it will be fine. i'll just go take a xanex and chill about it.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
you haven't Steelers. It's just after three bad ones....

anyway, yes, it is a fun car and a blast (if a bit slow in clubbie-non s form!) but you can't beat the 36.7MPG i've avgd since i picked it up!
or the fact that everything is set to read out in German now! =) -- ganz ausgezeichnet!

it will be fine. i'll just go take a xanex and chill about it.
I was hoping for this kind of response. I would hate to loose you as a fellow MINI enthusiast!!

German, huh? I'll have to try that mod!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
We are still having issues with the garage door opener. We have a Genie opener that is about 7 years old and we had no issues getting our BMW to link up and it is supposed to be the same system. If anyone has it figured out, please let us know. Sorry to hear about the drippy nozzles. So far no issues here.
One of my Garage Door openers is a Genie as well. My model has a rotating key, and needs to be paired with the garage door.

Something that I forgot to do on my 07 was to setup the hand held remote with the car first.

Step 1: Clear all codes in the HomeLink. You just hold the outer two buttons for 20 seconds until the transmit light blinks really fast.

Step 2: Make sure you take your hand held transmitter for the garage door opener and pair it with your car. In my manual that's covered on page 95, but it's dead easy. Just hold the remote to the homelink (rear view mirror buttons) about 6 - 12 inches. Hold the desired button on the homelink and the transmitter at the same time, until the light flashes quickly.

Step 3: find the "learn" button on your Genie Garage Door opener, on mine it was right on the front of the garage door opener under the light. Push it then prepare to run.

Step 4: run back to your car or get your "buddy" to push the same button in your car you setup in step 2 three times. Hold the button down for a second each time while pressing it 3 times. If you're doing this alone, you have to be quick, the instructions say you have 30 seconds to push the button in your car, but seriously, I think it's 9.

Verify that the garage door opens.

For me the real trick was to make sure I setup the transmitter with the button in the car first, then setup the garage door opener using that same homelink button I setup with the transmitter.

Hope that helps. you might already be doing these steps, so if that doesn't work I'm sorry :(

Old 06-06-2009, 07:25 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
I was hoping for this kind of response. I would hate to loose you as a fellow MINI enthusiast!!

German, huh? I'll have to try that mod!!!
no no.. you won't! i'll just ask for a reorder and start the voyage all over again!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
We got it working --the trick was to use the button on the garage door opener and push the one to link up in the car over and over (took 3 times) and it finally linked up. Whew! Dodged a bullet there. Thought I had an issue......Jiminni just took off in the car to go to the store. Only the second time he has driven it . We decided to take both cars on the Mini run to Sonora next Saturday. Will have to take photos for y'all

Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 PM
TinaP
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats how we had to set our homelink system up as well. The directions from the mini manual were confusing so my husband got his out from his truck and it made complete sense.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
no no.. you won't! i'll just ask for a reorder and start the voyage all over again!
Good! And I know my sanity (or my 40 year old heart) couldn't take that 7 weeks of torture again so soon!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:41 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
We got it working --the trick was to use the button on the garage door opener and push the one to link up in the car over and over (took 3 times) and it finally linked up. Whew! Dodged a bullet there. Thought I had an issue......Jiminni just took off in the car to go to the store. Only the second time he has driven it . We decided to take both cars on the Mini run to Sonora next Saturday. Will have to take photos for y'all
Yay! Good to hear!!! And why is Jim driving YOUR car????? Something wrong with his???

Yes, yes pics. We LOVE pics!!!

Quick Reply: Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?