1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago (five!) I wrote about Ted's desire for a MINI (https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=140680). Well, today Ted and I joined the ranks of dogs and their people trying to count the number of days until our new MINI arrives in September! That's right, I ordered a new MINI! Here were Ted's specs:

Oxygen Blue w/ silver bonnet stripes
White Roof / Mirrors
Cold Weather package
DSC
Front & Rear fog lights
Auto-dimming rear mirror
6-speed manual transmission (lets' hope it doesn't act out)
15" Rotatator spoke wheels
Mellow Yellow Color Line
Standard, leatherette seats
Gotham Grey Interior color
Leather Sport Wheel w/ Multifunction
Floor mats courtesy of the dealer!

Likely willl go w/ invisisheild and mudflaps--what do you think of ~$650 for materials & labor for upper & lower invisishied installed? How about $270 for mudflaps (REALLY?)

Anyway, Ted and I are really jazzed and hoping we can both hold our own until September. We can't wait (but i guess we'll have to) for that car to get here!

Thanks for all the great info i've gleaned from this site!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Hooray! Ted's car sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see pictures!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the family.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
'tedscar' has Arrived!

Here it (and she) is! We thought this day would never come . We danged near went batty waiting. To be honest, with her sickness, I wasn't sure she'd live to see her car (yes,...'ted' is a she; the name just stuck). But here she is in all her glory waiting to tool around and have a blast. I was figuring the car out all on my own on the trip home, but tomorrow's another day...I think my copilot is ready!

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p8300086.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p8300085.jpg  
Old 08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Ted looks happy indeed! I love the Oxygen Blue color. Great looking MINI!!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:28 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
I love Ted and I love that Oxygen Blue. I am soooo happy for you both. Give Ted some extra love for us.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great!!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Hooray Kim!! I'm so glad you finally got Ted's car! She looks thrilled, please keep us updated on your road trips!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I'm so happy for you and Ted. The car is beautiful and Ted is so sweet looking. I always wanted a Cooper for my Cooper (little white Maltese) but that didn't happen before he passed. So now it's a Clubman for my Airedale/Golden and Yorkiepoo. So I'm glad that Ted will have a chance to have fun with you and your MINI, congrats!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:19 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Thanks everyone! Ted had her first ride in the MINI today. Just a few miles (and a few curves) to the post office. She seemed to like it pretty well except we forgot her pillow (have I mentioned Ted is actually a 'she'? The name just stuck.). She's a little bummed there's not an armrest between the seat. She's used to standing there and demanding Milk Bones when we get in the car. But I'm pretty sure she'll find another spot to make her issues known. If you've seen my other threads, you'll know I'm having a blast. (You folks that are waiting---IT'S WORTH IT! ) It looks like Ted's got some more excellent adventures ahead of her we've got plenty of nice fall weather to go.

What could be better? LET'S MOTOR!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:16 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Ted's 1st REAL Motoring Adventure

Finally it cooled off enough to take Ted out Motoring. Ask a dog where they want to go, and 9 times out of 10 it seems they want to go for a walk (or run, in this case). We have a great county park about 25 minutes away off of some nice twisty roads. Ted got that gleam in her eye and told me to step on it! So I did!

Here's testimony to Ted's Excellent Motoring Adventure!

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p9060110_wht.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p9060104.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p9060117.jpg  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:05 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats to you guys! I've been following you from day one in hopes that your MINI arrived in time for your girl to take a few spins before her time comes. I hope that the MINI gives her some excellent fun times before it happens. Ted looks so happy that if you hadn't mentioned it in an earlier thread, you'd have no idea that she had a serious condition.

Keep us posted on your adventures with Ted and Ted's MINI. We're with you all the way!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Congrats to you guys! I've been following you from day one in hopes that your MINI arrived in time for your girl to take a few spins before her time comes. I hope that the MINI gives her some excellent fun times before it happens. Ted looks so happy that if you hadn't mentioned it in an earlier thread, you'd have no idea that she had a serious condition.

Keep us posted on your adventures with Ted and Ted's MINI. We're with you all the way!
Thanks RG! We just talked to the vet last night since a few of Ted's symptoms have just started to return. Her Cushing's Disease is due to an adrenal mass but she's being treated with what is customarily used for a pituitary mass. Her vet is actually amazed she's doing this well; he really didn't expect it!

Seeing her run and play like she has THREE times today just brings joy to our lives! Ted's a big believer in living in the moment--it's a good lesson. Thanks for your support. We'll post back after Ted's next excellent adventure!

Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 AM
mattsenpai
4th Gear
My eyes get watery from reading this!
-memories-

Old 10-02-2008, 09:00 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
In Ted's honor, I organized a MINI gathering at Letchworth State Park, here in western NY (beautiful place, especially in the fall). Here's a couple of pics of Ted--in the first, she's demanding that we get going. In the second, she's on one of her numerous jaunts checking out the park. I think she'd pretty fond of her new car and was quite happy to make some new friends last weekend!

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p9270206.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-p9270262.jpg  
Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Where's the Milk Bones?

Not the best picture, but here's one of Ted demanding her Milk Bone. Job #1 when she gets in the MINI!

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pa130445.jpg  
Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Who could say no to that face ! Very cute!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Coopdy, Ted's blushing!

I see from your signature line that you're oh-so-close to taking delivery. Can you hardly stand it?? Your pod of dogs should be quite pleased sprawling out in that Clubbie (Ted's actually a little jealous)! Hope the next couple--days or however long it takes--goes quickly and that all's well on D-day! Congratulations!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Coopdy, Ted's blushing!
Ahhhhh, thank you. I have been very touched by your posting and always enjoy hearing about the good times you and Ted are sharing.

Originally Posted by tedswoods
I see from your signature line that you're oh-so-close to taking delivery. Can you hardly stand it?? Your pod of dogs should be quite pleased sprawling out in that Clubbie (Ted's actually a little jealous)! Hope the next couple--days or however long it takes--goes quickly and that all's well on D-day! Congratulations!
Well I still have about a month (I'm on the West Coast) so I'm trying to settle into the wait (been trying to do that for some time now ). I do think the dogs will like it (particularly the sunroof for my big girl). I wonder how many people crawl in the back of the Clubman and sit on their hands and knees to see if there will be enough headroom for their pup(s) . Fortunately no MA's were in sight.

Keep posting your adventures as I love hearing about Ted and her MINI.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
I wonder how many people crawl in the back of the Clubman and sit on their hands and knees to see if there will be enough headroom for their pup(s) . Fortunately no MA's were in sight.
This is a great image, Coopdy! Yes, I can tell your dogs will be riding in style, hopefully very soon!

Ted has surprised us (and the vet) beyond belief. Cushings symptoms are just starting to surface again, but her attitude is great. Her vet has bumped her medication dosage up a tad, so we expect she'll be able to continue enjoying her adventures for a while longer. Here's a couple pictures of Ted after her afternoon outing today. (Note DIVA pillowcase; I didn't do it, but she seems to like it...)

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pa260019.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pa260020.jpg  
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I love the DIVA pillow and Ted seems to have taken a liking to it as well.

Looking forward to hearing about so many more of Ted's adventures.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:53 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Ted goes to Gettysburg

Well, seeing's how we'd been having such great weather, we decided there was still time this fall for another adventure with Ted. So we packed her up and took her to Gettysburg. Perfect Ted-vacation!

If you haven't been there and you've got any sort of inkling AND a dog friend, it's perfect! Dogs are not allowed in the cemeteries and museums, but the battlefields add up to about 6,000 acres and dogs on a leash can partake of all of it. We lucked out--great weather, fun MINI roads, and the Comfort Inn was Ted-friendly.

Here's a few pics of Ted's excellent Gettysburg adventure.

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pb080021.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pb080038.jpg   Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pb090086.jpg  
Old 11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
Great pictures! I love the one of Ted looking out over the cliff. It's a good shot of her "bling" also.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:07 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Now that my signature thing started working, I have to post another picture of Ted on her Gettysburg vacation!

Here she is, outstanding (well, actually laying down) in 'her' field!

Attached Thumbnails Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!-pb080044.jpg  
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Yay Ted! I really like the one of her in the grass and I too love her bling -- she seems very deserving of such a collar. My dogs need some bling! Especially if they are going to be motoring with me - or maybe they are my bling. When they smile I melt.

Quick Reply: Ted's (MINI will be) so blue... Oxy Blue, that is!