1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much were you able to negotiate in price for your 2008 MC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much were you able to negotiate in price for your 2008 MC?

Hi Everyone!!

Sharon, from Hollywood, FL here....and tonight I just bought a 2008 OB/B MC from Braman Miami. I am thrilled and LOVE this color!!!!!!!! Really looks outstanding with the black roof!!!!!

Wanted to ask how you guys have done with negotiating in price for 2008's. I just negotiated $500. Was originally told there was no negotiating 2008's. Then was offered $200 off. Got him up to $500 and now kicking myself that I didn't go further.(Don't get me wrong...tonight is a VERY VERY happy night for me!!!).

Just wanted to know how far you guys got when negotiating for your 2008 MC?

It's also funny that I thought for SURE I would want bonnet stripes...but after taking a good look at the color in person, didn't even want to cover that gorgeous blue with anything. At least not for now. Might want to add a bit more chrome down the road though.

ALSO...this forum has helped me so much in wanting a new versus used MINI, color selection, etc., and I wanted to give a whopping big THANK YOU to everyone whose posts have helped me....esp those involved in those OB appreciation posts

Sharon

Old 01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
richi0207
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there from Aventura. Welcome to NAM, I purchased my '07 from Vista but I forgot how much I negotiated, I believe $600 if I can remember. How are you enjoying your MINI?

-Richii

Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Hi!
Am getting it delivered next week.....so I will let you know how I love it then. Am pretty sure it's my match made in car heaven!!!!!

If you know of any cool MINI shops in or around the area please let me know.

Best,
Sharon

Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
richi0207
4th Gear
Haha, good to hear! Mine is out of order at the moment, its at a shop doing engine work =\..it'll be a while before I see her again. I'm sure it'll be the dream car, don't forget to wave at others I am sure you'll see me around I'm always by Hollywood, cant miss a laser blue 07 MCS =)

Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
BRONTOBUFFY
2nd Gear
great choice! I have been debating between oxy blue and pepper white myself...

Old 01-16-2008, 10:18 PM
tony1athome
3rd Gear
I was able to get $500 off MSRP. Mini of SF, East Bay and Concord would all go along with this, but not Mini of Mountain View. Guess where I didn't order?

Old 01-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Whew...nice to hear that $500 is pretty much the wiggle room. Good! Thanks so much for responding. Gotta get my OB signature now for this forum...

Sharon

Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BRONTOBUFFY
great choice! I have been debating between oxy blue and pepper white myself...
Pepper White FTW!!! Although I may be just a bit biased.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you did pretty well getting $500 off!! This kind of thing was unheard of years ago and the folks stubbornly addicted to bartering left the showroom w/o a MINI. Some places still have markups!!!! Glad to see discounts can happen, but I think my local dealer doesn't do them. They do offer some nice perks though, so I'm fine w/ that.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Negotiated 1K

Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Carve906
5th Gear
Originally Posted by COOP310
Negotiated 1K
Wow, you must really know how to barter!

Any tips? We'll be buying an '08 sometime in the near future...

Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Congrats on your MINI! Anybody that gets ANYTHING off MSRP is doing well - especially on a new model!

Donna

Old 01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
ODDKIN
Neutral
I just bought a 2008 MCS and they would not move off the sticker.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Well guess what....I called my salesman to thank him for taking so much time with me, and to confirm delivery next week. I asked him, innocently if the car comes with floor mats. He said, "Yes. But you know what, you were super-cool to deal, and I really enjoyed showing you the car (I have to say...we really did have fun on the test drive!) with so I am throwing in the MINI rubber floor mats for you...I am going to tell my manager as soon as I get off the phone."

yaay for me!

Then, I said, "Well, I really wanted to see if perhaps I can get one of those bulldog keychains, since I really love dogs." He said he will be delivering the car and keys to me..with the keys on a bulldog keychain

Thanks so much, all of you, for letting me know that my negotiation was pretty much what the max is.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
sailorliz23
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Littlesha
Well guess what....I called my salesman to thank him for taking so much time with me, and to confirm delivery next week. I asked him, innocently if the car comes with floor mats. He said, "Yes. But you know what, you were super-cool to deal, and I really enjoyed showing you the car (I have to say...we really did have fun on the test drive!) with so I am throwing in the MINI rubber floor mats for you...I am going to tell my manager as soon as I get off the phone."

yaay for me!

Then, I said, "Well, I really wanted to see if perhaps I can get one of those bulldog keychains, since I really love dogs." He said he will be delivering the car and keys to me..with the keys on a bulldog keychain

Thanks so much, all of you, for letting me know that my negotiation was pretty much what the max is.

thats good to hear... i was able to get 1k off in South FL as well. floor mats came with my mini too because my sales guy was super awesome.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:04 PM
E-Ticket
1st Gear
You did well to negotiate anything. My dealer was not willing to knock anything off of MSRP, and was trying to convince me that I was getting a great deal since they did not mark it up from MSRP.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by E-Ticket
You did well to negotiate anything. My dealer was not willing to knock anything off of MSRP, and was trying to convince me that I was getting a great deal since they did not mark it up from MSRP.
Thanks so much....you have no idea how much better I feel hearing these things, since I am usually the negotiation queen.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 PM
sunshine22
2nd Gear
Discount

My local dealer refused to sell an '08 for less than MSRP, but sold me a new '07 that had been sitting on the lot for 4-5 months for $1700 under MSRP ($650 over invoice). The dealer claimed they only made $200 on the car after eating the loss on the Lo Jack I refused to activate.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Foo Fighter
1st Gear
negotiated zero

I just ordered my 2008 Mini Cooper S from Mini of Scottsdale, and I was unable to negotiate anything less than MSRP. I'm used to the whole back-and-forth between the salesman/manager/me bartering nonsense so it was a little strange when none of that was happening. But afterward it felt great to not have to go through the negotiation process.

So anyway, don't feel bad about the $500 discount you got. We're all so used to going through the exhausting negotiating process, but I'd rather just get a price and pay it any day.

By the way mine is BRG, white roof, white racing stripes, chrome in and out, Sirius, nav, sport, convenience, web spokes... Man I can't wait!

Last edited by Foo Fighter; 02-01-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Negotiate?

Is that the part where we hugged our MINIs, drooled on their fresh paint, hyperventilated as we sat in the driver's seat for the first time....and then asked the Finance Dude....."how much would you like for us to pay you so that we can take them home"?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:31 AM
msmingel
2nd Gear
I ordered a 2008 Cooper Cabrio yesterday and got much more off MSRP than I have ever seen mentioned in any thread on NAM. I could have gotten the same amount off a coupe. My dealer said he would do the same deal for anyone else as well. I really don't want to publish which dealer it was, but I am in the NYC area. If you send me your email address privately, I will forward it to the dealer and ask him to contact you.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
patterns here: one has a better chance of negotiating a nickle to dime discount on a new MINI in regions where there are many dealers, as opposed to sections of America where there are few, like the NW and west (minus CA). FE in the entire Mountain Time Zone there are only 4 dealers: SLC, Denver, Albuquerque, and Snotsdale--all (generally) msrp dealers. So are we surprised? I should hope not.

Negotiating for a new car is so ingrained in our culture that it feels strange when no negotiation is neccessary nor justified. Personally I liked to know exactly what I would pay for my MINI 10 minutes into the sales conversation, stress gone, didnt even bother to negotiate (except for freebies.) And I sold new cars for five years.

Last edited by sequence; 02-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:16 PM
tony1athome
3rd Gear
The absence of competition eliminates price as a competitive element, which is to the detriment of the consumer.

Sigh.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
greengobln
5th Gear
bigger discounts and exactly what you want

CARSDIRECT.com is the best thing to ever happen for a consumer... get fleet pricing on your new car or truck 1300 under invoice. amazing.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
I just ordered my 2008 Mini Cooper S from Mini of Scottsdale, and I was unable to negotiate anything less than MSRP. I'm used to the whole back-and-forth between the salesman/manager/me bartering nonsense so it was a little strange when none of that was happening. But afterward it felt great to not have to go through the negotiation process.

So anyway, don't feel bad about the $500 discount you got. We're all so used to going through the exhausting negotiating process, but I'd rather just get a price and pay it any day.

By the way mine is BRG, white roof, white racing stripes, chrome in and out, Sirius, nav, sport, convenience, web spokes... Man I can't wait!
WHOA!! Your MINI sounds gorgeous...I wanna see!!!

Thanks for the kind words...I actually now feel pretty good that I got ANYTHING off my MINI. And I got the rubber MINI mats...and that bulldog keychain which I asked for. Mostly, I LOVE my car, and it is worth every cent.

Quick Reply: How much were you able to negotiate in price for your 2008 MC?